Crystal Tree
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Galaxy Swirl
Purple Star Fragment
Shooting Star Plush
International Space Cetacean Star Fragment
Blue Crescent Moon
So, one of my favorite hobbies is baking! And I felt like talking about it for a bit, mostly for those who bake often too, what are your favorite things to bake? Or ones that you make often?

I personally love making banana bread, is delicious, easy and fast to do. And, if I feel like I have the time, I like making little lemon tarts :D

My favorite thing to bake is cake! I love decorating them most of all! I usually make box cakes since my attempts at homemade never turn out very well. Baking is a hobby of mine as well!

I also love baking cookies made from cake mix! They turn out super fluffy and soft!

making brownies is so fun, i also like making little oreo truffles. they're super easy and fun to make and omg soooo tasty. i totally recommend these if you're new to baking. i use this recipe from simple cooking channel, his channel is SO helpful when i started to learn to bake back in 2014. dudes awesome!

i also adore making chocolate bark cause theyre simple, tasty, and really fun to experiment with. yes, i contributed to the "unicorn food" movement in 2017 with unicorn chocolate bark and i still do. it's so delicious.

one thing i want to learn to bake is babka, i saw someone on great british bake-off make it and oh my goodness it looks divine. so fluffy. jewish food is so good.

IMG_1233.jpg

I definitely love baking classic chocolate chip cookies, lemon bars, and thumbprint cookies the most !

I like baking cakes the most, I do have a sweet tooth! My most recent bake was a carrot and walnut cake. I only bake with vegan recipes, though half the battle of that is finding a recipe without complicated ingredients. :LOL: My family usually request me to make the lemon and lime drizzle cake - something about lemon cake is so refreshing and tasty!

My favourite thing to make is probably muffins. One of the reasons I like muffins is because a lot of recipes use melted butter which makes things easier for me (it's quick and easy to melt butter vs having to plan ahead to let butter soften). I make all different kinds of muffins but banana, apple cinnamon, or pumpkin would be my 3 most commonly made flavours. I do also sometimes make cookies or brownies.

I haven't been baking much lately because I've been trying to lose weight, but I think my favorite thing to bake is your typical chocolate chip cookie! They're almost impossible to mess up and there's so much you can do with them, like adding nuts or M&Ms or whatever. You can get as fancy or as simple as you want.

I have already said this in the past but I LOVE BAKING! My favorite things to make are: cupcakes, cake pops, and banana bread! Muffins are also really fun. ALL THINGS ARE FUN! Just dont make macarons because I tried like 4 times and every time they were either okay or tasted like dried oats. Maybe its because I subsituted almond flower for oat flour? I cannot eat nuts soooooo

I love making cookies, especially sugar cookies! I love that when cookies are hot out of the oven, they're chewy and warm and go great with a hot cup of coffee.

I love baking homemade banana bread, homemade brownies, cookies, blondies, etc lots of desserts. Oh yeah, I like making pumpkin bread with chocolate chips and walnuts in it, so good. :)

The first things I learned how to bake were quick breads; banana bread, zucchini bread, pumpkin bread, etc. Pumpkin bread is one of my staple baking projects in the Autumn months since I feel like pumpkin food and drink add to the enjoyment of the season.

Speaking of pumpkin, I also occasionally make pumpkin roll in the Autumn months as well.

I bake cakes for family birthdays but after some frustration at a homemade attempt years ago, they've been box mixes. I've been thinking about trying homemade again lately though, so we'll see. Tangentially related to the pumpkin roll mentioned above, speaking of cakes, I've been considering attempting to make a yule log/bûche de Noël this Christmas season. It's a roll cake like a pumpkin roll, so hey.

Finally, I bake a bunch of cookies for family and friends for Christmas. I have probably like ten different types that I know how to make so far, though I don't make all of them each year, just a few of them.

My favorites from what I make are, personally, the pumpkin bread and pumpkin roll because Autumn/Fall is my favorite season and they enhance my enjoyment. But I enjoy baking the cookies for Christmas too since people like them and it's nice to be able to do that for the ones I care for.

I haven't really left my baking comfort zone too much but I'm feeling the urge to expand my baking repertoire. Never tried cupcakes before, for example. Might be worth a shot.

Back