What Are You Happy About Today?

1. I finally got a new laptop! No more fighting for my life trying to complete massive uni assignments on the IPad alone (although my IPad is my beloved baby)
2. Ive been talking to my little brother more recently and I just love him so much. Hes my world.

this all happened yesterday but i forgot to post here !!

so yesterday was my birthday, and the guy i really like shares a class with me so he sat next to me and walked with me to the student center and he hugged me and told me to make sure to enjoy my birthday 🥹 and right at midnight, he had texted me a paragraph wishing me happy birthday and made me a playlist and the first few songs read out, “happy birthday, it’s a lovely day today, so enjoy to the fullest” (he did it with the song titles) and honestly he’s the only one who really made my birthday a “big deal” so yes these are the only things that made me happy yesterday lol

I’m so happy today! It took 3 weeks, but it finally came! I ordered a copy of Super Mario 3D All Stars off eBay, and it’s here now! It’s Japanese, but it doesn’t really matter since the Switch isn’t region locked. Anyways, here’s a picture.

IMG_6354.jpeg

I think the fact that I’m this happy over something as trivial as this says a lot lol.

This time two years ago my girlfriend and I were on our first date.

We didn't go out today with the intention of celebrating this, but we did up stopping in a bar for a drink while already out for a walk and then she bought me dinner. 🖤

What happened yesterday:
- I ate some yummy kabob 🍢
- Visited some more shopping centers and took some pics. There's a fountain with a dolphin in the center that was really mesmerizing, and I might use some of the pictures I took as inspiration for customizing my island in New Horizons.
Picture of Souq-Al-Medina.jpg
Close-Up Picture of Souq Al-Medina .jpg
- Ate some chicken biryani from a vendor for dinner.
- Got some art supplies at an art store.
- Went swimming at the pool in the gym 🏊‍♂️

What happened today:
- I went shopping at the mall.
- Worked out at the gym 💪I mainly lifted some dumbbells and ran on the treadmill, though I also did some leg press exercises.
- Drank some saffron tea that tasted very refreshing.
- Worked on some portrait drawings for commissions.

Atm, I’m happy today because Jewels snuggled with me under the blankets for a good amount of time while I played Splatoon 3 ☺️. she made me get very sleepy lol, but after i had dinner and I’m no longer sleepy 😸.

I had a nice chat with @Aquilla earlier and I found out how much fun sloshers and bloblobbers are :D. I’m really looking forward to playing together!

I’m happy because I had a lot of fun playing with other team bunny members from TBT in Splatfest 🙂.

Last edited:
Today I'm happy because:

- I slept well and got to sleep in this morning.
- I'm feeling a lot better. Most of my symptoms are gone or heavily reduced.
- My mom and aunt came by for a visit. They're taking care of my dog on Tuesday while we're away so I gave them the run down of everything they needed to know and let them walk him as a trial run. He did just fine and he was so excited to see them. Hopefully things will go well on Tuesday when I'm not there to supervise.
- I had a nice shower this evening and did some self-care.

I watched another episode of Hunter x Hunter with my parents this morning! Later on over dinner we also got to see a few videos on Youtube, including Grian’s most recent Hermitcraft episode!

I was able to finish my planned avatar and signature for the Earth Week/hybrid flower breeding event!! ;v; I was a little worried if I’d make it in time (because drawing detailed flowers is really time-consuming aaaa), but thankfully I was finished by this afternoon!

I’m also super thrilled that most of my hoped-for hybrids made it into the event!! (Purple and Orange Tulips did not make it, but hopefully next time! Orange Lilies I believe in you too) I’m really excited for the new roses (I thought a Gold Rose was too much to ask... I was wrong) and all the new hyacinths, especially since they’re both some of my favorite flowers! I’m so so happy the Lily of the Valley is making a comeback too—they've been super hard to come by since the 2022 Fair. I’m not super confident in my photography, but I’m going to try my best for one! ;v;

I found some holly bushes on a Kapp’n island in ACNH!! I’ve been working on a fairy ring/seasonal clock on my island and realized I didn’t have any holly or hibiscus starts in my storage, so now I just need the hibiscus and it’ll be complete! c: Also finally found the double-edged sword in Nook’s Cranny, which I adore

And I also chilled out with some Fashion Dreamer this evening! Spent some time creating my last two Muses, who I’m intending to be more versatile/blank-slate characters whose hair/eyes/makeup I won’t mind changing up to fit a variety of styles and colors. also trying to save up some e-points so I can actually make more than four pieces of clothing at a time asjlsdjdfdlk

Posting again because a couple more things that made me happy 🙂.

I’m excited about this flower event! I got to get posting so I can get some flowers I want 🙂.

Someone gifted me two flowers even though I didn’t ask for anything 😲. I have to return the favor; I hope they can get some flowers that they want from them 🙂

I’m feeling better than I was a bit ago (anti-depressant might have helped) and earlier. It’s hard for me to not think of my best friend since pretty much everything reminds me of him, even looking at my phone. But the announcement for the hybrid flower event came just in time to distract me and also before that a message to join up in splatoon with other tbters :D. I worried I may have dragged everyone down (also my left joystick seems to make my character move too slow at times), but no one said anything & everyone seemed to have had fun. 🙂 I’m grateful for their patience regardless. Splatfest has been a lot of fun so far, win or lose.

The anti-depressant didn’t make me sleepy for once. 🙂

Happy with all the supportive reactions I got in a couple threads; thanks so much everyone for your patience and kindness 💜.

yesterday: after visiting my Grandma, and seeing my Auntie we went shopping at Lakeside shopping centre 🛍️

Mum bought two suitcases for our holiday this year - somewhere hot 😁

I bought two Disney key rings in this cute lil shop one was a Minnie Mouse one - mine and one was a Piglet one - for my best friend

And then I went into Primark of course and bought this 😊

IMG_2342.jpeg

Today cooking made me happy!

Balancing a full-time job, volunteering, a social life, sleep, and nutrition feels impossible sometimes. Nutrition is typically the first to get dropped on exhausting days. Today I spent the afternoon in the kitchen instead of going out with my partner and our friends and I've no regrets. I feel more relaxed than I have in weeks. I forgot that cooking is a form of self-care. I guess I really notice the difference when I don't put any effort into cooking because I don't buy pre-made food - only ingredients to make it myself. But when I'm low on motivation to cook I don't have the energy to assemble a meal so then I fall back on takeout and that's ultimately more expensive (and even less healthy) than buying pre-made supermarket food! Anyway, on to what I did today:

🧑‍🍳
  • There's a pork shoulder in the slow cooker, it'll make approx 8 portions of spicy pulled pork, most of which will be going in the freezer for easy weekday meals. Most likely to be served in tacos or tortillas with cheese and vegetables or thrown on top of a baked potato.
  • I baked a lemon and blueberry cake, more for the sake of baking than actually having an occasion to make a cake for, but I know my partner and friends will help me eat it.
  • And after that I made myself an early dinner of beef, mushroom, and broccoli noodle broth. It was one of the first non-instant meals I taught myself to cook as a teenager and it remains a comfort food in my thirties.
  • While not yet cooked, I picked up ingredients to make a vegetable lasagne and a tomato and courgette halloumi pasta bake this week. Easy delicious meals that make 3-4 servings at once.
I tried a slice of the cake with some whipped cream while writing up this post and oh my god it is incredible. If my other half doesn't come home soon there will be none left for her. 🍋

20240421-140435.jpg

I'm so thankful I don't suffer from pollen allergies and can actually enjoy a nice stroll around the park without a single care in the world 🌱🌳🌷🌹 I thought about this the other day while taking a walk and saw tons of little white specks drifting in the breeze, and suddenly I was caught in a shower of petals from the flowering trees. It was so relaxing~

I was reminded of those commercials that talk about how to manage daily life during allergy season and what not, and that must totally suck to deal with. Some people are more fortunate and/or unfortunate than others and it's easy to forget that. I should always be happy for being me and not someone else lol

Also I've been seeing more and more chippy chipmunks 🐿 and bunny buns 🐇 come out of hiding and visiting our yard, which is looking more and more green by the day 🥰🌱🌳💚

- Yesterday at work was such a nightmare shift, was left on my own to close and got exhausted and stressed af. But at least it's over. The good thing is that I'm not closing on a saturday now for the foreseeable future,,,

- Got home and baked some brownies and scones, so at least my freezer is stocked full now of baked goods I can defrost 😅

- Having a nice relaxing day off, finally! Sundays are the only days where I don't have commitments right now (only for a few weeks luckily, uni ends soon!). I did a 30 min HIIT workout, made some chilli cheese fries, and just relaxed 😇

- Happy I only have a short shift tomorrow, and I don't start until 2pm lol

I have actually been doing a bit of writing for the wriring competiton - well redoing the same writing but its still writing!!
I still need to edit it too, for the word limit 400 words (eepers) the lofi has been sorta helping me with this. I might ask around which out of the two ideas I have for this which will be good for the one limited at 400 so I can then focus more on the other one being longer for another competition - being 5000 limit but its coming up soon so I have no way of actually doing something really long.

My neighbour asked if I wanted to pet their new baby bunny so obviously I said yes. It's just a little black lionhead rabbit. God it was so adorable. He was so calm and sweet and let you pet him. My neighbour definitely didn't need another bunny but that ain't my business. Everyone in this neighbourhood knows if u get a bunny, you better come dang show me the baby

Back