What Are You Happy About Today?

Today has yet again been another great one for me!
  • The weather was sunny!
  • I watched the remaining episodes of Sailor Moon R and we finished the second season! While that's nice, it's unfortunate that I couldn't find any DVD copies to rent season three and season four of the show. However, there are movies, so we may be able to get more enjoyment out of them. And oddly enough, they have DVD copies for season five which is weird. Honestly, the fact that my sister and I were able to watch so many episodes of Sailor Moon just by borrowing them from the library is amazing. But before I return Sailor Moon R back to the library, here's one image that I find to be adorable. It plays every time whenever the show is about to go on a commercial break (obviously, there weren't any ads on the DVDs lol).
I dunno, the sailor guardians just look cute in chibi style lol.
Commercial Break.PNG
  • I went on a nice car stroll with my mother and sister. I drove down this one road I never went on before and it was a nice experience to see some scenery I'm not familiar with.
  • I played F1 22 and I'm in Austria! I got to complete practice sessions and qualifying, but the twist here is that a sprint race is involved, so this race weekend is a little different compared to others. I'll eventually get that completed and the main race too.
  • I ate a beef patty as a snack.
  • I had a short nap to regain a bit of energy.
  • I got to draw a little bit to warm up my skills again. I made an extremely rough drawing of what I wanted to do and despite the sloppy look, it still made me feel good about it. ☺️
  • I had a really great chat with @/Childe and @/xSuperMario64x this evening! It's awesome getting to talk about each other's interests and whatever else we're playing.
  • I saved this point for last even though it happened earlier in the morning. An update for Gran Turismo 7 is coming tomorrow and a video came out outlining the content that will be included in the said update. It made me very happy to see the things that were revealed, even though a couple of features are only on PS5 and I'm playing on PS4. That's okay, and I'll be sure to share more once I get to experience it!

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept fairly deeply and I got to sleep late this morning.
- I didn't have to work today.
- I was feeling really lazy so I did nothing productive all day and I'm okay with that.
- I watched the latest episodes of To Your Eternity and My Hero Academia.
- I snuggled with my dog on the couch.
- I had a nice shower this evening.

Started reading a new book, A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (by Holly Jackson)! Title is slightly misleading, I may or may not have concerned my friends initially upon showing them. It's really interesting and I'm almost done the book already. 📖

One of our cats, Wookie, came back home!! We're all really happy to have him back. ^^ Hopefully we'll be able to retrieve my cat, Caramel, as well! 🐱

I got to draw another one of my favorite Miis (Tyrone) for my art challenge and I really like how the drawing turned out! 🎨

I had pork chops, mashed potatoes, and coleslaw for dinner and it was delicious! 🍛

Today has yet again been another great one for me!
  • The weather was sunny!
  • I watched the remaining episodes of Sailor Moon R and we finished the second season! While that's nice, it's unfortunate that I couldn't find any DVD copies to rent season three and season four of the show. However, there are movies, so we may be able to get more enjoyment out of them. And oddly enough, they have DVD copies for season five which is weird. Honestly, the fact that my sister and I were able to watch so many episodes of Sailor Moon just by borrowing them from the library is amazing. But before I return Sailor Moon R back to the library, here's one image that I find to be adorable. It plays every time whenever the show is about to go on a commercial break (obviously, there weren't any ads on the DVDs lol).
I dunno, the sailor guardians just look cute in chibi style lol.
View attachment 484544
i love sailor moon! :D
i just haven't seen it in ages..... :>

Yesterday I buckled down and made some really good progress updating my Japanese resume! What helped is that I signed up for a couple of new recruitment websites and they forced me to input the same information anyways as a part of the process so then I just copied and pasted the new info into my sheet. I should finish up the last part today and then I can ask an agent to check it for me.

Today I'm happy because:

- I saw Olive, the timid rabbit, in my backyard last night. 🐇
- I worked from home for the first time in about two months. 🏡
- Despite having a very busy day, I completed everything that absolutely had to be done for work and logged off on time. 💻
- I'm getting a good raise and a great bonus! My bonus will be deposited this Friday and my raise takes effect the first week of March. 💵
- My boss shared some adorable Valentine's photos she took of her Frenchies! 💕
- I made some progress on cleaning up my inbox. 📧
- The weather has been pretty warm for the past few days. The first tiny spring flowers are starting to bloom. 🌷
- I watched several squirrels in my backyard while I worked. One was flipping through the tree branches right in front of my window. 🐿️
- I have a short work week and get to log off early tomorrow and Thursday for appointments. 😌

I finished reading A Good Girl's Guide to Murder! Relatively quickly, I should add - Not even 24 hours later! Pretty good for a detail-ridden and almost-400-page book. It was very interesting and I enjoyed reading it a ton. 📖

I 'made' overnight oats in cooking class! I can't wait to eat it for breakfast tomorrow morning. It didn't take very long to make, so I had a lot of time in class to continue reading my book. ^^

I don't know what's up with my luck, but I got to draw another one of my favorite Miis for my art challenge, back-to-back! This time it was Elisa, and I'm super happy with the drawing! 🎨

I got to pet and cuddle with our cat, Wookie, while watching South Park. The episodes were absolutely hilarious, definitely worth a rewatch.

I ate meatloaf and macaroni salad for dinner, and it was delicious! 🍛

Today is the 37th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda! I haven't done much to 'celebrate' (other than an ecstatic mention to my dad and brother), but it's still pretty cool! Can't believe the serie's been going on for almost 4 decades now!

I finished a couple more rubber band bracelets today!
I also played ACNH for a good while, and got a ton of decorating done! Pascal even gave me the last recipe I needed for one area, bless him. ;v;
I got to say hi to the neighbor's kitty! She ran up to see me when I stepped outside to get some fresh air.
My family and I watched Solidarity's latest Empires SMP episode over dinner!

Not a lot happened, but today (make that yesterday on February 21, 2023 lol) was still pretty decent.
  • I went for a small walk. The weather was a little windy and there were a few times when I was being pushed by it making my walk a tad bit easier lol.
  • I made some more progress in my drawing! I still have a long way to go as I'm just getting started in the sketching stages. Personally, the most challenging part of drawing for me is the early stages where I had to get some gestures and stick figures planted down so things don't look wonky at the end. Also, I really haven't drawn anything in over a month in which I've gotten a little rusty, so there's that too oops.
  • The last two points are a bit lengthy, so feel free to skip them entirely. The update for Gran Turismo 7 finally dropped and added a few interesting cars which I got to try out! I personally liked their inclusion aside from one that I'm indifferent to (which is not mentioned), so I'll drop down a few images in a spoiler!
From top to bottom, what you see here is a 1970 Citroen DS Pallas 21, a 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS (901), and a 1965 Honda RA272!
Isleta de San Juan_.jpeg

Here's the RA272 by itself. Believe it or not, it's actually a Formula 1 car! What's special about this one is that it's the first Japanese car to win a Formula 1 grand prix dating back to 1965.
Isleta de San Juan__3.jpeg

Ever since I heard that this classic F1 car is being added to the game, it gave me a simple livery idea to make even though it's not really original. I decided to recreate the B Dasher kart from the Mario Kart series! I know this particular kart is mainly associated with Mario, but I'm sorry, Luigi does it much better and you can't change my mind lol.
Isleta de San Juan__2.jpeg

Here's a screenshot from Mario Kart 8 for a quick reference. Surely Nintendo got inspiration from the Honda RA272, right? They both share some similarities ranging from the body to the exhaust pipes! If it really is true, then that's awesome. For those who play Mario Kart and see the B Dasher from time to time, you may think of it a little differently now. :)
2023022123071500-16851BE00BC6068871FE49D98876D6C5.jpg
  • Last one before I finish this post. The update also added a new track! It's actually been in the series since the beginning, and I'm happy that it's back again as it holds some memories for me when this was one of the many tracks I raced on trying to win against my dad in split screen mode years ago. 🥲 While it has gone through some drastic changes in terms of scenery and elevation changes, I don't mind it at all. If anything, I welcome the change that provides something new while still bearing some familiarity. Another thing is that this is a fictional track, so it's not something you could just go down and visit even if you tried lol. For those who are curious about the track name, it's called Grand Valley Highway 1. Prior to its inclusion in Gran Turismo 7, it was always known as Grand Valley Speedway. Uh, I may or may not have done a couple of dozen of laps around this track in a single day lol. I'll drop in some photos and a comparison of how it started to how it's going now.
Just a disclaimer, the first two screenshots were taken from a gameplay video. With that out of the way, here goes. In all three photos, the car shown here is the Toyota Castrol TOM'S Supra! Also, take note of the course map as the layout is slightly changed in Gran Turismo 7.

Grand Valley Speedway 1997.PNG

2001 I wanted to include the one from Gran Turismo 3 since this is where I really started to get into the series. Plus, the jump in graphic improvements is huge between PS1 and PS2!
Grand Valley Speedway 2001.PNG

2023 And here's where it is today. The scenery looks very different now and I miss the old vibes a little bit if I'm being honest, but I can just look around for a good while and see other parts of the track while driving.
Gran Turismo® 7_20230221210446.jpg
Grand Valley - Highway 1__1.jpeg

Grand Valley - Highway 1_.jpeg

-I learnt today that my orchestra is going to be playing a pretty cool new piece in a few months. I'm just really excited that we're getting new music. We are also collaborating with another more advanced orchestra and I'm mainly excited about that.
-ate some chocolate today
-I successfully borrowed a keyboard from an organization I'm associated with and I'm glad they were kind enough to lend it to me. I'm just concerned about my posture mostly. The best part is the clicky clacky sound though :3
-Drank a lot of water today
-Also my big brain finally figured out how to display a collectible on tbt and honestly I'm pretty proud of it lol. 🧠

Last edited:
- Got the tunic/shirt of my dreams in the mail (black velvet with golden embroidery all over it... gonna take a pic when I can and be assed to take it on, it's rather tiny and due to my overly long arms it's a pita getting on and off) but I LOVE IT no regrets.
- Also found this cute fantasy-hippie vintage coat at a second hand store, bit expensive and I don't need it but too cute not to snap up!

- The weather outside is lovely today!

- I received manager feedback for the past couple months and apparently I've been doing a superb job! 🥳

- I'm headed to martial arts tonight!

- I gifted some good peeps some collectibles that I'm no longer using. I hope they enjoy having them!

- Made it to another pivotal story chapter in Fire Emblem Engage! I'm nearing the end of the game.

- I had a tasty lunch and am starting to eat healthier.

- I got good sleep and feel so much better.

- The kitties have been sweet.

- Repairs are continuing on my room, bathroom, and hallway, and everything already looks so much better!

- The Dallas Stars play the Chicago Blackhawks tonight in Dallas. Hoping for a win to end their losing streak. 🤞

- Managed to get a good few hours of sleep last night, which made my day at uni a whole lot easier
- Grabbed an americano w/ oat milk this morning and it was v nice!
- Ate lunch while doing some work at the library, managed to finish all my set reading for the week :)
- I actually had a big panic when I got an email that my flights to Japan had been changed up, but I've calmed down about it now because it looks like I should still be able to make my connections 😅 But it really freaked me out getting that email!
- Got back home, washed my hair, had a pain au chocolat with protein chocolate mousse, and currently watching some football <3

Back