What Are You Happy About Today?

I think work went surprisingly well last night. I got to hear my girl’s voice for the first time in about a while. She’s been going through a difficult time but it made my day to hear her voice. She sounded so sad though. It was honestly heartbreaking. I had to hang over the counter because I could barely stand to hear her like that. I almost cried, but man hearing her voice was amazing.
My girl makes me happy, I can’t even express in words. <3
I am so excited for my hoodie to almost be here. It’s looking like it’ll be here Thursday at this rate, but hopefully sooner. Either way, I still have to throw it in the washer before wearing it.
Today is a very short day at work. I have a five hour shift and I have a day off tomorrow, so I’m enjoying it. I do have to mail out a package for eBay, but that shouldn’t take more than a few minutes. It’s been the perfect second job.
My dad ordered me an XBOX again. I just have to purchase internet and the game. I hope my account is still accessible. I’m more concerned with finding a decent internet company that won’t charge cancellation fees. That’s too much to ask, I know. I’ll look around.

Today I'm happy because:

- As predicted, my work day was quiet and slow. I got several incidents out of my queue and caught up on some other work.
- My back has been feeling pretty good lately and I had almost no pain at all today.
- I did have some severe stomach cramping around lunchtime, but I'm happy that has gone away now.
- I got my nephew's birthday presents packed up for shipping.
- I got to watch my football game from yesterday and I was happy to find out that my team won.

just woke up from a nice nap, and i had another pretty good day today! ^_^

posted a new entry in my acnh island journal.
tidied up my room a bit.
did some self-care.
read 2 new fanfics that i really enjoyed!
did 2 animal crossing trades.
continued to bond with my new kittens, mazikeen and squee! i sat on the floor with mazikeen for about 10-15 minutes this morning and pet her, and squee laid on me briefly a couple of times today, as well as laid next to me on the couch for a few hours! i’ve also made some leeway in deciding on a new name for him; i’ve got a few options picked out, so hopefully i’ll be able to decide on one before i have to take him to the vets to get his shots. :’)
A30AA995-0B0C-427F-B1DD-0670D22C17CC.jpeg
2463CEE6-1D30-455E-9A8F-70FC475305D3.jpeg
had some delicious cotton candy ice cream after dinner (which was also delicious!).
found out that one of my favourite movies has been added to netflix!

@xara his little black nose is so precious!! 🥺

I got Filbert's photo and finished collecting all of the mushroom DIYs in ACNH! The mush parasol eluded me for some time, but I was finally able to get it, and I nabbed a few fish I was missing for the museum while waiting in-between balloons. ^^
Also got to play a little more Wintertide Miracles today!

I have a short day at work tomorrow, and then I have another day off on Thursday. Speaking of Thursday, my hoodie is supposed to arrive very early that day. I can’t wait to finally see it!
I should be getting paid on Saturday. It won’t be a full paycheck, but there will be some money with it.
I got some things done today that were a bit overdue, but I’m glad they are finished now. I spent some time with my dog tonight as well.

Our oven has finally been fixed! I'm very relieved to be able to use it and the stovetop again, instead of being restricted to just our microwave and air fryer. ;u;
The last item of my merch order from October arrived! I'm glad it's all here now. c:
Made a little more progress in Wintertide Miracles today!
Also got to collect a good amount of maple leaves in ACNH, and got a couple of the maple leaf DIYs too! 🍁

my stomach’s a lil upset with me atm, but i had a pretty good day otherwise! i’m grateful i’ve been having such nice days recently. ☺️

continued to bond with my kittens! they slept next to me on the couch for a bit last night/early this morning, i sat with mazikeen and pet her a few times today, and squee slept in my lap for most of the afternoon. <3
4492B7B1-F807-442F-ADA4-876E623D50A8.jpeg
got caught up on all the posts i’ve missed on the forums over the past few days.
did some self-care and some tasks that i’ve been neglecting.
read 3 new fanfics that i really enjoyed!
discovered a new favourite edit of one of my favourite fictional characters, as well as some new edit compilations on youtube to watch later!
saw a deleted scene from the suicide squad. there seems to be quite a few that i haven’t yet seen, so i’m looking forward to watching those on youtube later as well!
posted a new entry in my acnh island journal.

I got to pick out a kitten to keep for my emotional support pet!! She will be here tomorrow. I'm so excited!!! She has a mustache so I'm naming her Miss Mustachio. She's pictured below. I can't wait :D

miss mustachio is such a cute name omg. she’s so precious!! 🥺🖤

I’m happy I got up early this morning even though I don’t have work until later. I’ve been getting up every morning for the past six or seven days and I feel so much better for it. After a year+ of my sleep schedule being messed up, I think it’s safe to say it’s finally going back to a routine time. Also just feeling happier in general these days. :giggle:

Happy that my mom is feeling more supported by her doctor's office at the moment. They went AWOL for weeks and when you have seniors in your care that's just not okay. Seniors in general have more complex healthcare needs.

Happy (still) that I got 28/30 on a group assignment. I think I work better in groups remotely.

Feeling incredibly grateful that I have a home. I work for a politician, handling constituent casework. There are so many homeless people and people on the verge of homelessness that are reaching out to us and wtf do you say to them? It's so awful. All we can do is continue to advocate, but the conservative government doesn't give a flying f-ck if families with small children are put on the streets nearing winter.

Back