• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

what are the little things you want?

bodhirookandor

Bells
i think smaller details would boost the immersion exponentially, and there are some smaller features i would love to see:

let copper and booker be together again! maybe have one on day shift & one on night shift. they were together in every game they were in except NL

let us write letters to shopkeeps! and isabelle/digby! theyre all residents too.

more kinds of flowers. or more colours

outside decor. please. let me decorate my backyard like i can my house

let us walk while emoting! the villagers can, why cant we?

Last edited:
I definitely agree on more kinds of flowers and colours - I would like every hybrid colour to be available for each flower species. I've wanted pink pansies for a while!

I'm okay with not being able to send letters to special characters, but the option to do so wouldn't go amiss either!

Seeing Copper and Booker together would also be cool, but have you noticed they never actually interact with each other? I'd love to see them have some kind of buddy cop dynamic and an episode of their own. Maybe Copper helps Booker to eventually gain more self confidence and become a great an officer as him. <3

I never really thought about emoting while walking. I think it might be a little tough to see that if you are in motion as you'd quickly be disappearing from view of the player you're emoting at xD

I really would like some kind of obvious indication of how much a villager likes you. We don't need a PC friendship metre, but something else like special dialogues that unlock after a certain level of friendship would be great. I know you can already kinda tell by how they react when you wave at them but that wasn't available in NL.

These are my opinions on your input but I'll probably add my own another time!

A dock in the middle of the big lake. Or for some events to be celebrated at the big lake like the GameCube Version had. Maybe we can have events that take place at both the big lake and the plaza at the same time.

I would also like to see animals participate in events more like in the GameCube Version (I want to see animals at feast tables again).

More villager dialogue! Might not be particularly little depending on how you look at it, but it really gets annoying when your villagers start repeating the same thing over and over! Ruins the immersion of the game imo, so hopefully they add some more!

More villager dialogue! Might not be particularly little depending on how you look at it, but it really gets annoying when your villagers start repeating the same thing over and over! Ruins the immersion of the game imo, so hopefully they add some more!

Me too. I loved the interesting dialogue like in the GameCube version. Even back when the Snooty villagers used to be a lot meaner, they taught life lessons that apply to real life. Hardly any villager teaches us anything like that anymore.

I agree with Copper and Booker being together, after all, both were together the whole time
back in Wild World and City when they took care of the town gate and it would be nice to
have both in the town instead of just one of them.

What I would like to see are some new fruits, like strawberries for example or watermelons.
Some new flowers would be nice too. Also, I hope the villagers do more activities in the next
game, like it was already a nice thing that they go fishing or shaking trees in New Leaf. I also
hope that they talk more with each other, I have that feeling that in New Leaf, villagers doesn't
talk with each other not so much anymore as they did back then.

100% agree with this! It is in fact annoying when they start to repeat the same over and over
again. Compare to the older games, the villager dialogue was way better and unique back in the
older games. Like I remember how the female villagers for example always mentioned that one
magazine called "Ms. Nintendique", which was quite funny. I really hope they gonna improve the
dialogue in the new game.

Being able to control where the villagers plonk their houses and a grid for when placing town projects. Then the game would be near perfect :)

A cool idea I've seen is the shop NPCs living in the town and having houses, and when the shop/service is closed they wander around the town like the other villagers do. Because I've always wondered where they all live, since there's no place for them to live in the other games.

I'd like the trees to shake and rustle. It's what the town tree does, so I don't see why the normal trees can't.

Also birch trees would be cool.

Also, an explanation on where the shop NPC's go would be good. Do they sleep in the shops or have a 10 hour work commute? Idk, I like the idea of them having their own houses.

I think motion controls for fishing and bug catching would be pretty neat, but I'm ok if it's not in there.

For little things, it'd be neat to see slightly variable weather, like heavy winds where you can see the trees rustle and listen to the wind even inside your house. I'd also appreciate seeing higher villager interaction with objects, so instead of just standing around in the middle of their house when you pop in they could be 'cooking' or doing dishes, sitting on a couch or chair holding a book, or dancing to music, things like that, depending on how they've (or we've, if there's a HHD-type system) decorated.

I'd also appreciate having more variety in the balloon presents again. :T

I'd like to know how many more items I need to complete my catalogs being marked with a star to show completion (like ACGC) and those ceiling items from HHD

I agree with most of what was said on this post so far tbh

My idea is a such a small detail. but I'd love to see the fruit grow on the trees.
Rn in AC, if you harvest a tree with fruits, you have to wait 3 days (I believe, correct me if im wrong lmao) to see the fruits grow back.
I think, in the span of those 3 days, the fruits should have a growing stage for each day.
Just so you know after harvesting that it's a fruit tree and not a regular one.

little events like those in the gamecube. stuff like the morning aerobics, having to turn on the lighthouse while Tortimer was away, and kicking around random balls were all things that added to the atmosphere imo.

it would be cool if they brought back flea markets, as well as more of a variation in villager dialogue like others said.

also more minigames like hide and seek.

camera angles camera angles camera angles

oh and some new hairs

- - - Post Merge - - -

OH ALSO VILLAGERS WEARING LONG SLEEVES AND PANTS/SKIRTS

seriously this has been a pet peeve of mine since wild world put some darn pants on

An ice cream stand. I want, an ice cream stand. And more food you can actually eat in general. It's such a tiny part of the game, but I love it so much. Just more hand-held items in general.

I'd love a better system for saving patterns, especially if they could be usable between every player character. Like, imagine if there was a scrapbook or something beside this game's iteration of the sewing machine where you could have all your patterns in one place. Or even a special gallery building! Idk, I just really hate the way it is in new leaf lol

An ingame path feature that doesn't involve patterns would also be really nice c: I mean, I'd still like pattern paths to be an option for customization and whatnot but I'd love to have a default cobblestone path that could be built through town hall.

I would love to be able to decorate the exterior of your home the same way you can decorate the inside.

Maybe also rainbow hybrids (like, being able to get pink,orange,yellow,green,blue,and purple flowers)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'd like to know how many more items I need to complete my catalogs being marked with a star to show completion (like ACGC) and those ceiling items from HHD

Oh yeah I like this idea

1) Better and more fireworks variety during the fireworks shows they are very repetitive.

2) More Player use fireworks like the Fountain & Roman Candle, I want to light off more types!

Last edited:
I really do agree with Outdoor decorating and more flowers but what I really want is more interactions between npc's and not only villagers but Important characters such as Lyle talking to Nook as you walk around the store, same thing goes for Cyrus ad Reece. I'd also really want more dialogue and interactions with villagers depending on your friendship level, like if their friendship level is max they'll ask if they could come along with you when you go off to main street. Those are just little things I'd like to be added, I know it's very unlikely for the Villager following thing though, lol.

Back