What are some things you wish were implemented in New Leaf?

tiffanistarr

🌈🐚🌊🐚🌈
Bells
Bluebird of Happiness Plush
Dreamy Bear Plush
Bee Plush
Dino Plush
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Pink Hybrid Lily
Pink Hybrid Lily
Pink Hybrid Lily
Pink Hybrid Lily
Pink Hybrid Lily
What are you some fun or cute things you wish you could do in the game? Have any ideas that you think would make playing more enjoyable?

For me it's:
-I wish we could give Blathers the fossils we have extras of. Imagine how happy he would be!
-I think it would be awesome if you could give villagers the option to buy something from your house when they visit, like when you visit their house.
-More than one Shampoodle style a day would be great because sometimes I mess my hair up and forget to look at the guides.
-I would love it if you could actually talk to villagers or npc's when you're sitting next to them whether it be on benches or in Brewsters!
-I also think it would be freaking adorable and fun if you could take villagers to the island with you!

- The ability to choose where villagers live
- The ability to kick any villager out, whenever you want.
- To be able to upgrade villager's house exteriors and interior to a theme you want
- The option to stop a villager asking a particular question, like asking about the birthday wish.
- To make sitting on stumps optional.
- To be able to move rocks
- To be able to preview Cyrus' customizations
- Have an UNDO feature, in case you accidently dig up a bush or hybrid
- To have a race track, and car, where you can race the villagers, with weekly prizes, like car upgrades.
- Have your own boat, with realistic diving and deep sea fishing, so certain fish are only accessible via boat.
- To have a lock or DND (Do Not Disturb) option on your front door, to stop villagers barging in
- Have a more extensive villager dialogue, like WW
- Bring back the talkative Blathers
- Be able to grow crops, like tomatoes, pumpkins, etc
- Be able to cook.
- Have a kitten or puppy that lives in your house. (Maybe..)

That's all for now! ^_^

- I wish you could help Pete get with Phyllis. I feel so bad for him.

- I wish you could hang villager pictures on the wall. I need more room in my pic room.

- I wish there was a chococat Sanrio set and a Bad Badtz-Maru set. They were always my favorite characters in Hello Kitty.

- Porch/back porch or a sun-room.

- Public pool or something, like in Pocket Camp.

Last edited:
- To be able to upgrade villager's house exteriors and interior to a theme you want
- The option to stop a villager asking a particular question, like asking about the birthday wish.
- To have a race track, and car, where you can race the villagers, with weekly prizes, like car upgrades.
- Have your own boat, with realistic diving and deep sea fishing, so certain fish are only accessible via boat.
- To have a lock or DND (Do Not Disturb) option on your front door, to stop villagers barging in
- Be able to cook.

That's all for now! ^_^

I haven't posted anything as mine would be the ability to choose where villagers go like anybody else's idea. But I do like the undo button and the idea of growing crops and such because I can see that as an AC feature. And having a kitten/puppy seems to.... domesticated for AC.

Ooo one thing I would want is more pwps and maybe the option to design our own or at least change the color on the present pwps?

- I'd also like to take villagers to the island with me; it gets kinda lonely there sometimes, especially at night. (I'm not interested in Club Tortimer.)
- I wish Celeste was like she was in WW and CF. I've seen you can make constellations which seems super cool. c:
- The ability to place furniture outside. It seems kind of weird to place a backyard pool in your house, or a bench in my opinion.
- To choose where your villagers live. They almost always pick the most inconvenient locations.
- To be able to change your eye shape. I had no idea that what you said to Rover decided what you looked like, and I'm too far into my town now to reset for something as small as that.
- The ability to turn off grass deterioration.

^_^

- Be able to cook.

That's all for now! ^_^

I agree with all of that.

It would have been nice to have a backyard. The size of your house in the actual town wouldn't change but there would be an outdoors looking area you could place furniture in just like your house. I expect them to add it next game since Happy Home Designer did it but it would have been nice in New Leaf.

I haven't posted anything as mine would be the ability to choose where villagers go like anybody else's idea. But I do like the undo button and the idea of growing crops and such because I can see that as an AC feature. And having a kitten/puppy seems to.... domesticated for AC.

Ooo one thing I would want is more pwps and maybe the option to design our own or at least change the color on the present pwps?

Yeah, I feel the same about the kitten, that's why I put 'maybe', after it.
What I really meant was, in the game there's a cat tree and dog house.
Maybe have a dog or cat poke their head out every now and then. ^_^

- - - Post Merge - - -

I agree with all of that.

Oh!
And be able to have outdoor furniture!
That would truly rock!

Tiki torches, dining settings, a campfire.

Oh!
That would truly rock!

I would LOVE to do something like that. I'd be able to set up a park or something with picnic benches and campfires and stuff...

Oh!
That would truly rock!

THIS! SO MUCH!!

They really put a lot of effort like that into HHD and I would love to see that in NL or the next AC game!

I would love if they implemented an option for campers.

Like if you find a villager in your camp that you want. But you have no space, there would be an option to put them on a waiting list. So when someone moves out they move right in.

I wish they would have brought back + expanded on the system from the previous titles where you could talk to the static townsfolk and learn more about them as time goes by. There are a few instances of it in NL, but from what I heard it was much more in-depth in CF and WW.

Agree with every post thus far... especially being able to have outdoor furniture. I mean, I don't want a damn pond inside my room. Or a sprinkler. So odd. I really like the suggestion of allowing villagers to buy something when they visit you. That would be so cool! I have so many items that I'd be willing to sell, even if they always low-ball me.

honestly, where's the realism or fun in the game if those features existed. the game is supposed to be like life, not everything can be perfect.

just a thought :t

-I wish we could give Blathers the fossils we have extras of. Imagine how happy he would be!

I would start digging up fossils again if that was possible. When you get duplicate fossils and he says he wishes he could buy them for his personal collection I always just feel like so bad I can't just give them to him, they're useless to me otherwise.

Other things I want:
-Half-spaces for furniture like in HHD
- More interactive PWPs, like how Pocket Camp handles amenities, except with the players able to utilize them too
- The ability to do something with the coffee beans from Brewster besides just selling them(I'd love if you could actually make food in game, and sell/give it to your villagers
-A bookstore/library, because of how many villagers bring up reading.

honestly, where's the realism or fun in the game if those features existed. the game is supposed to be like life, not everything can be perfect.

just a thought :t

I don't find these things fun:

- Plot resetting.

- Having a theme, but your villager has a pink parlor wallpaper, in your FOREST town.

- Being asked TEN times a day, sometimes more, FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR, about a freaking BIRTHDAY WISH!

- Sitting on a stump when you are trying to do other things, including tours.

- Rocks block so many paths. They are strategically placed to ANNOY the player.

- The UNDO feature would stop a lot of resets, after you dig up your only blue rose!

- I don't want villagers barging in!
My house (in WW anyway) was meant to be my private sanctuary, where I could get away from the villagers and their constant random requests, and to NOT have items I don't want - forced on me, making it another trip to my basement to where I have my trash can.

They barge in, basically it's a home invasion.
You can't even move.
They now come IN to your house to DUMP unwanted items onto you.

Fair enough?

Last edited:
I would start digging up fossils again if that was possible. When you get duplicate fossils and he says he wishes he could buy them for his personal collection I always just feel like so bad I can't just give them to him, they're useless to me otherwise.

I do too!! It's so sad! Like he LOVES these dang fossils, he has dedicated his whole existence to running a museum, and he's surrounded by all these things he'll never be able to afford. It's really freaking depressing lol

And I agree with the half-spaces like in HHD! That would be so practical and helpful! Things would look so much better too.

I would love a bookstore/library as well! A library would look great on Main Street and when you go in there they could be sitting and reading about all the weird and wacky books they talk about.

1. Change/choose skin color
2. Plant cedars anywhere.
3. Being able to place things in-between spaces, like in Happy Home Designer and Pocket Camp, so you can center items on tables and such.

I def wish acnl had the option to change the eyes/faces because I reset my town and forgot that when you chat with Rover, it changes your face depending what you say
- to be able to bring stuff with you to the island
- not having to put everything in the island box
- having something back up on club tortimer so if someone error'd on the island, they would leave and not crash other players
- to be able to buy rv items from category
- more flowers like the ones they have in pocket camp because those are gorgeous
-leif selling more bushes
-more villagers appearing in campsite
-to swim in the river (so weird but it's cool)

Back