• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What 3DS games would you recommend?

CasualWheezer

Bells
Mother's Day Carnation
My Melody Easter Egg
Pavé
Jingle Christmas Doll
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Friday the 13th Candy
Yellow Candy
Blue Star Fragment
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Small Mailbox
I've been thinking about getting some 3DS games soon or for Christmas. I have ACNL, a few of the Super Mario games, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Pokémon Omega Ruby, Captain Toad, and Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn. What games have you guys enjoyed/would recommend?

If you can get ahold of any of them, and like puzzle games, I highly recommend the Professor Layton games! Oh and the Ace Attorney games are amazing too if you like mystery/law puzzle games.

Last edited:
- Rune Factory 4: what Stardew Valley would be if it didn't have a huge farming focus. When I first played Stardew I really noticed how similar the games were in that they had the same mechanics/features but put heavier/lighter emphasis on different ones. I really enjoyed the characters and story.

- Fire Emblem Awakening: as someone who has played a lot of fire emblem games, this one is one of the most friendly ones to newcomers of the franchise. The optional difficulty levels make it easy or hard depending on your preferences. I prefer turn-based combat (like what's in Pokemon) so I really enjoy the Fire Emblem games because I can take time with my decisions. There's definitely an RNG aspect though which can be frustrating! I also really like the animation in this game. It may or may not have aged poorly, but when it came out I thought it was very good.

- Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon: imo the best series in the Pokemon franchise. Ilove rouge-like games and Pokemon, so it's my favourite mix. there isn't much that changes from game to game though, so if you've already played a different version of this I don't really think the story makes it a more interesting playthrough than any of the other mystery dungeon games. BUT if you haven't played any I recommend them. It's a new spin and i think really shows how Pokemon can be adapted into more than just a turn-based battle that happens in a vaccuum.

- Story of Seasons, Trio of Towns: I like farming.

As I mentioned the last time this topic was brought up, I recommend A Link Between Worlds and Ace Attorney Trilogy. Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice are both decent enough games, too, but they're so tonally and aesthetically distinct from the main trilogy that I don't consider them required reading. Get them if you love the trilogy, but don't get them if you haven't played the trilogy and are interested.

It really boils down to your general genre preference. For example, the types of games I like my brothers don't and vice versa.

My Top 5 recommendations based on my preferences:

1.Rune Factory 4: it is a must! It has so, so much content packed in one game and no DLC needed to access it. Great story, beautiful music, lots of fun dialogue and so much to do. It's like a mixture of Animal Crossing, Final Fantasy and a hint of Pokemon. To me it's the best game on the 3DS

2. Fire Emblem Awakening: Great story and lots of fun to play. To me it's the best Fire Emblem game to start off with besides 7

3. Bravely Default: Made by Square Enix should be 'nuff said. Story is good, gameplay is fun and the music is chef kiss. 😍

4. Kid Icarus Uprising: Just trust me on this. It's good!

5. Denpamen 2 it's an Eshop game only, 😕 but it's like a bit like Pokemon Go, but better IMO. It has unique Denpa men, depending on your location and really funny dialogue.

Yoshi’s Wooly World is really cute and a lot of fun! The other two Kirby platformers are great games too. A lot of folks prefer Robobot but I personally enjoyed Triple Deluxe a little more so you couldn’t go wrong with either!

Fantasy Life is one of my favourites for my 3DS, probably my most played game alongside New Leaf. If you can get your hands on that it’s a lot of fun and the DLC adds a ton of content.

I have really enjoyed Tomodachi Life and Miitopia. Tons of fun, and can get pretty insane with all these situations your Miis can get into.

*heavy breathing*

MIITOPIA. It's a hilarious little game that will pull Miis from their (Miitopia's) database and stick them to random NPCs. You ever want to have Snoop Dogg as a princess? Well... You can. Or be one? You can do that too, friend.
Honestly, any of the Harvest Moon games, if you're into farming, raising animals, and marrying someone (like SDV but, y'know, also not) of the opposite gender.
I have A New Beginning and it really was fun when I started playing. It's just the showcase thing that really got on my nerves 'cause my egg brain can't remember what theme the last one was and I'd have to miss out on extra pocket money & decline the offer to host one.

Fire Emblem Awakening (great strategy game)

Shin Megami Tensei IV (warning that this one has some darker themes)

Kid Icarus: Uprising (fantastic game with a unique battle system)

Bravely Default (one of my favorite jrpgs)

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (If you’re able to play it on here. If not I’d recommend just playing the Switch remake)

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (pretty straightforward Zelda game)

Mario Kart 7 (fun for racing fans)

Super Smash Bros 3DS (fun for fighting fans)

The Professor Layton games are awesome (there are a few from the DS line that are worth getting, as well). Phoenix Wright is another fun series. Plus, there was a crossover game between PL and PW. Quite good.

Fantasy Life and Ever Oasis are good. Those are RPGs, but with cute styles to them.

If you like fashion at all, definitely the Style Savvy games. You run a boutique and there are other side quests/activities. And the outfits are really cute.

The Art Academy series is something I like to pop in once in a while. It's very different from other games and it's nice to just make pictures. Plus, you learn things that translate to drawing/painting IRL, as well.

Rune Factory 4 and Fantasy Life come to mind. They're great games with tons of content! If you like wacky, quirky games, I'd recommend Tomodachi Life. That one's a trip.

Tomodachi life is really funny! So is Miitopia, if you're into that kind of thing. As for other recommendations, I totally recommend Zelda games like OoT 3DS, Majora's Mask (which is really frustrating and difficult at times), and Link Between Worlds. LBW is really fun and it's the first Zelda game I played.

I wanna triple down on Link Between Worlds, it's the best handheld Zelda imo & belongs in a 3DS library for sure
otherwise:
Happy Home Designer - you already like Animal Crossing! this game is very fun & features many AC:NL favorites- Digby, Isabelle, even Lyle! Decorate homes for various villagers & unlock buildings in the town to decorate on your own. Choose layouts, exteriors, doors, windows & more to create your perfect house.

Rune Factory 4 - enter a world of dungeons & dragons...lol. you arrive in the chamber of the dragon Ventuswill after falling from an incredible height to discover you've lost all your memories! by defeating & befriending beasts and witches and townspeople alike, you may recover some of what you've lost and fall in love in the process. this game is part farming sim, part dating sim, part JRPG- it's absolutely packed with content. marvelous really raised the bar with this installment in the rune factory franchise & it's one of my favorite 3ds titles

Fantasy Life - choose a career & go on quests to become the best crafter, magician, fisherman, ...lumberjack? that you can be! i loved this game- it was so cute. there are so many gameplay options that it's hard to get bored!

Honestly, Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora's Mask 3D and A Link Between Worlds are all amazing Zelda games, and I can't recommend them enough. You can't go wrong with any of these!

If you can find it, get Metroid: Return of Samus. I thought it was a step up from the original that came out years ago on the Game Boy.

Back