Well this gave me a little mini heart attack..

Kit

Doing my best!
Bells
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
I was opening my gates to let my other town get a villager from my cycling
...little did I know my wifi was turned off..
So guess what came up
YUP A RED BOX
Which I have only seen used for one other thing..Corrupted data
It even made that corrupt data sound,.
Thankfully it was just reminding me I had to switch on my wifi..but you know..I noticed those two things before I read the words.
Has this happened to anyone else? I only freaked for about 5 seconds before reading it haha.
Nintendo you trolls

On the 3ds sd card there's a yellow switch thst moves up and down. I dont know what it does. After getting photos off of it onto my lsptop i guess i flicked the switch and then played new leaf. A red box came up with dialogue blubbering up spotpass not going to work. I was afraid my town was brojen. After reflicking the switch, idk why i even checked that switch in tge first place, it fixed itself. No data was lpst.

This was before all the corruption stuff happened.

Omg so many typos. I'm sorry. I can't fix them on my phone

Last edited:
On the 3ds sd card there's a yellow switch thst moves up and down. I dont know what it does. After getting photos off of it onto my lsptop i guess i flicked the switch and then played new leaf. A red box came up with dialogue blubbering up spotpass not going to work. I was afraid my town was brojen. After reflicking the switch, idk why i even checked that switch in tge first place, it fixed itself. No data was lpst.

XD it's ok about the typos
Corruption stuff? Did you lose your town after that?

It did startle me when I first saw it, yes. And my first Resetti screen when I had no idea what a disconnection looked like.

The switch means that if its on, your data cannot be affected (it says LOCK). If its off, your data can be freely moved. I think that's what it means anyways =p

It did startle me when I first saw it, yes. And my first Resetti screen when I had no idea what a disconnection looked like.

Oh god that first resetti screen..that was terrifying. My brother was shaking when he got it because he got it first.

I'm so afraid that my town will be corrupted. One time, my friend hit my DS and I dropped it while playing, and I freaked out thinking my save data would corrupt. I yelled at her for like four minutes until I turned my game back on.

XD it's ok about the typos
Corruption stuff? Did you lose your town after that?

I meant before people,started posting threads about their town corrupting.

Tge switch means that if its on, your data cannot be affected (it says LOCK). If its off, your data can be freely moved. I think that's what it means anyways =p

This makes sense. That's probably what happened.

I get the "Red box - wifi off" all the time. I have 2 games, 2 3ds. I usually play with the wifi off, saves on the battery. When I'm moving things from one town to the other, I open the gates in one town, but forget to turn on wifi with the other and bingo "Red box" warning. But it is a bit scarry since I'm not expecting it.

Wow, I think I should be glad I have a European 3DS. I forget to turn the wi-fi on sometimes, but we don't get red boxes. (Or maybe it's just because mine is set to German, no idea.)

Getting the same box that's used for corrupted data sounds pretty scary. :(

Wow, I think I should be glad I have a European 3DS. I forget to turn the wi-fi on sometimes, but we don't get red boxes. (Or maybe it's just because mine is set to German, no idea.)

Getting the same box that's used for corrupted data sounds pretty scary. :(
It was, hah. I'll probably get used to it as ill be having my wifi off more, but pretty mean to do to someone who has either had their data courrpt before, or who knows what it looks like :p

My 3DS froze. Absolutely the scariest thing that happened to me. My little guy was just coming out of a door, and the picture stuck. I waited for a few minutes, nope, nothing. I hit a few buttons. Nothing. Hit the home button. Nothing. 3DS is frozen.

I held the power button down and it turned off after a few seconds. Fired it back up, got to home menu, opened Animal Crossing and thank Arceus my save is still there, so I load it up and Resetti pops up to give me an earful! I actually got pretty mad at ACNL for that LOL, what else was I supposed to do? First time I'd seen Resetti ever since I'm adamantly against savescumming, and I'm still kind of irritated that I've now got the Resetti PWP in my list.

Still, that was the scariest thing that ever happened to me in ACNL, because I was half convinced that I was going to be looking at a save corruption when I loaded it up again.

Dunno if this is similar, but sometimes when I leave gate open and someone enters, a alert will run over the screen telling me to close the gate. It stops as soon as the person's train arrives. It's like it's detecting someone is coming and is just like CLOSE YOUR GATE haha; I have no idea why it does that, but every time I kind of freak out because I think it's bugging out @_@;

Dunno if this is similar, but sometimes when I leave gate open and someone enters, a alert will run over the screen telling me to close the gate. It stops as soon as the person's train arrives. It's like it's detecting someone is coming and is just like CLOSE YOUR GATE haha; I have no idea why it does that, but every time I kind of freak out because I think it's bugging out @_@;

I think it's prompting you to stop what you're doing so the visitor can enter your town....not really sure lol

Back