Weird (?) thing happened with getting 3rd villager on new island.

Imaginetheday

Bells
I was notified of my free NMT. I needed iron ore to give to Timmy for Nook’s Cranny, so I used it for that. I was surprised to see a villager on the island because I don’t have any empty plots. I didn’t ask her to move in, went back to the island, and talked to Tom Nook. Nothing about plots. I had to go to another mystery island for more ore and found another villager. I did ask this one to move in. Went back, still nothing from Tom Nook. I didn’t know it could happen this way. I’m guessing I’ll get the 3 plots tomorrow and that villager will take the first one? Is that right?

Depends on what type of villager you asked. The first three plots are for a specific villager type. First plot is for a Lazy, second for a peppy and third for a normal.

This is normal, a lot of people just don't remember the beginning of the game super well or think they can't get villagers that early on. This is the only point in the game in which you can invite villagers without having an empty plot, and yes, they will all be either Peppy, Normal, or Lazy until you invite one. Since you seem to have invited a peppy villager based on what you said, you should only encounter normal and lazy villagers on mystery islands going forward.

You'll start the 3-plots quest whenever you fulfill the requirements for it (unlock the Museum Tent, build Nook’s Cranny, build your first bridge), and once you place them down and furnish them, the peppy plot will fill with the villager you invited.

This is normal, a lot of people just don't remember the beginning of the game super well or think they can't get villagers that early on. This is the only point in the game in which you can invite villagers without having an empty plot, and yes, they will all be either Peppy, Normal, or Lazy until you invite one. Since you seem to have invited a peppy villager based on what you said, you should only encounter normal and lazy villagers on mystery islands going forward.

You'll start the 3-plots quest whenever you fulfill the requirements for it (unlock the Museum Tent, build Nook’s Cranny, build your first bridge), and once you place them down and furnish them, the peppy plot will fill with the villager you invited.
Thank you!
Post automatically merged:

That’s weird since one should have been a normal. Which villagers did you invite ?
Tutu.

Thank you!
Post automatically merged:

Tutu.
So you only invited one peppy not two. Just know if you finish making the furniture for one of the plots it can auto fill . Had that happen on my second island. Finished the first plot for a lazy and didn’t look right away and it auto filled.

Pretty much sums it up. I’ve had a few islands by this time and I always villager hunted on Day 2 for my first three villagers (lazy, peppy, and normal) so that on Day 3, I could lay down the plots and complete them without worrying about them getting auto filled.

Pretty much sums it up. I’ve had a few islands by this time and I always villager hunted on Day 2 for my first three villagers (lazy, peppy, and normal) so that on Day 3, I could lay down the plots and complete them without worrying about them getting auto filled.

Yeah, I should have gone ahead and searched for the other 2. I did the plots today and they filled with Tutu and 2 auto-fills. Oh, well. I was just going to take the first 2 I came across anyway since I don't have a lot of miles for NMT. I got Jambette and Sherb. I love Sherb. I'm not a fan of Jamette, but I'm sure she'll be okay. I'll be replacing them eventually with amiibo cards, so it's not a big deal

Yeah, I should have gone ahead and searched for the other 2. I did the plots today and they filled with Tutu and 2 auto-fills. Oh, well. I was just going to take the first 2 I came across anyway since I don't have a lot of miles for NMT. I got Jambette and Sherb. I love Sherb. I'm not a fan of Jamette, but I'm sure she'll be okay. I'll be replacing them eventually with amiibo cards, so it's not a big deal
Oh that’s okay Sherb is cute and Jambette takes a while of getting used to but she’s a grower for some. :)

Back