• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

we are considering a private politics board

Annnnd you're implying that I should let you in because you registered before some people? Please...

And if we use bastoise's method, and just decide if you'd be able to do it.... Guess what, we'd decide you wouldn't be able to do it. So if you want to prove that you can you have to PM.

stormcommander said:
Annnnd you're implying that I should let you in because you registered before some people?

Yeah, I also agree with Storm. Letting people in based on seniority is stupid.

Hell, I probably won't be there... nor will I apply. I'm not the most avid political... discusser.

While it's not a good idea to speak for Mino, let alone anyone, I think he means that certain members, who have been here for years, have proven themselves mature enough to have such a discussion. Read his post and you will find "certain".

As he said, you should know him enough by now to know his stances along with his ability to talk about them.

He didn't say that we should let, "people in based on seniority" He said with seniority.

Sizzler_Puddle said:
Depressing

:(

but probably, seeing as the regular boards only average around 7 people on at a time on weekends.
7 people? Umm... there are considerably more than that.

Bulerias said:
Sizzler_Puddle said:
Depressing

but probably, seeing as the regular boards only average around 7 people on at a time on weekends.
Definitely. I've seen about 15 around this weekend.

Propaganda Man said:
Snoopdogga said:
Bulerias said:
Sizzler_Puddle said:
Depressing

That's not that much more. And 15 is a rare number to see active.
There's 11 on now, and it's Sunday.

Besides that, I think a private political board's a good idea.

Shadow_] [quote="Propaganda Man said:
Snoopdogga said:
Bulerias said:
Sizzler_Puddle said:
Depressing

That's not that much more. And 15 is a rare number to see active.
There's 11 on now, and it's Sunday.

Besides that, I think a private political board's a good idea. [/quote]
Sunday afternoon in the dead of winter. Please tell me when we have more than 15 active members on here at once.

(I don't just mean on the list but actually participating at that time)

stormcommander said:
Guess what, we'd decide you wouldn't be able to do it.
Because of this comment I'm not going to even bother sending in a PM.

To be honest, I don't even see the point of a private political debate board. The forum is dead enough, not to mention most "debates" would be pitched ideological battles that obviously will have no point. In fact, most forum discussions have no real productivity when you think about it.

I have been going to other forums like Storm suggested and I probably won't post there at all (now be very active here either.) There are better forums out there.

I don't see why we can't just discuss politics regularly. If you look to either mine or Bam's thread in Off Topic about politics, for the most part it was intelligent discussion. I don't see why you would need to separate intellectuals from the rest of the community, when we have seen a reasonable tone to regular politics.

Just let it be, I mean seriously, there is no need to have an age limit on politics, no need to have a separate area for discussion. Keep it simple and keep it all in Off Topic.

Back