• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Viral Shirt Help

HollyBush

Bells
Fossil Easter Egg
Red Lily
User Title Color Change (Seashells)
Tasty Cake
So as the thread title says a shirt has gone viral in my town & I could do with some help getting rid of it. It's the chocomint tee if that's relevant.

A bit of background RE: my shirt problem.

A month or two after I started NL there was a fashion trend going around that resulted in what I think of as "the yellow tank war", where the leopard tank & the lemon gingham tee (that my villagers insisted on wearing as a tank top) duked it out before the leopard tank finally emerged victorious. There was an attempt by newcomer Scoot to get everyone to wear his frog tee* but that didn't work out. After about a month everyone moved on from this, so I assumed the villagers had a time limit on how long they wear a specific shirt for.

Fast forward, the next trendy shirt was the chocomint tee. I wasn't keen on it to start with but now I'm really sick of seeing it.

Me, 3 months ago: Eh, they can wear what they like, it'll probably go away soon.

Me, now: I don't care if you all wear sackcloths, just put something new on.

There's been 3 separate attempts to oust the chocomint tee by other shirts but it's seen off all competition - that is, someone will change to a different shirt only to change back into it soon after.

The latest such incident involved new move-in, Lionel, who was only here about 3 days before he started wearing it too. I finally went & complained to Isabelle about this shirt in an attempt to put a stop to this virus once & for all. I've complained about it 3 times now & it's still here. Help?

* He struck up a friendship with Jambette before she moved, so I like to think it was in her honour.

I haven’t played New Leaf in such a long time so I could be wrong, but couldn’t you just complain to Isabelle? You would have to do this for every villager to actually reset everything, but it does reset their clothing. It seems like you’ve only done this for one or a few villagers. Try this for every villager and see if that works.

Oh, ok. I thought it was only the problem villagers I needed to complain about. I tried complaining about all of them as a group & then when that didn't work I tried complaining about only one to see if I needed to do each individually. I'll try reporting all of them, thank you.

Just curious, does it take effect immediately? If not, when will I know if it's worked or not?

So... It only worked on 1 villager & she was wearing a custom pattern, the others still kept the same shirts & another villager succumbed to the shirt virus. Does it not work if the shirt is starting to go out of fashion? Yesterday I was wandering around town with a different shirt & got pinged by someone wanting to buy it & she put it on, then about an hour ago I noticed that another villager has it on now too.

Ngl, I wouldn't mind if that shirt goes viral since my villagers would all be dressed like ninjas.

Back