• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Villagers you don’t understand the (un)popularity of

Popular: raymond (my dude sure do be lookin like an office worker turned into a cat. thats it thats all), the octos, rosie a lil bit...her model's always looked weird to me. maybe its the :3 face? maybe its too big? molly kind of, idk why maple's so popular even tho i love her...she's a little plain. OH AND...ankha and lucky...i'm sorry i just dont get it,,,,they creep me out a lil bit,,,SPEAKING OF BEING CREEPED coco. i actually got that gyroid face in the original animal crossing when i quit w/o saving when i was in my brothers town so yea no no thanks

Unpopular: my number one "why isn't this villager more popular" is ava! she's cute, looks like an old timey cartoon character and shes my name twin! also i could've sworn tia was super popular during acnl, what happened there lmao. also elmer, nana, gala, gayle,,,i ran into gala the other day and wanted to take her so bad but...! i needed a lazy villager 😭 found melba on an island and actually took her after i got sherb, she is adorable. reminds me of maple, why isnt she more popular???

Oh boy time for a long post...

The villagers I don't really understand the popularity of:

Julian: I don't understand why everyone likes him so much, his house is definitely nice but I'm not the biggest fan of his design tbh. He doesn't really feel all that special to me...

Marina: She's a cute pink octopus I guess, but that's about it. Maybe I'm biased because she showed up so many times while I was villager hunting...

Octavian: She's Marina but not cute. Idk I feel like he feels like a lot of tier 5 villagers that give no love but for some reason he does?

Merengue: Prepared food based animals just... don't sit well with me... Sort of like Pokemon and Vanilite and Alcreme. Actual fruits like Tangy are fine but when you get to human prepared food, it just seems... really weird.

Villagers I thought would be more popular:

Megan: She's a cute new bear with a fantastic color scheme! Maybe why shes not that popular is that thats basically all she has, but I still expected her to be better than almost bottom tier!

Phoebe: Most Likely some bias here, but a villager based on the mythical animal Phoenix sounds so cool! Definitely adding her to my island when I find her!

MEGAN 👏 DESERVES 👏 MORE 👏 LOVE 👏
y'all just can't handle big girls 😔

also, I'd expect Colton to be way more popular, he's literally a prince! I finally found him today and I'm so happy ;o;

as for the popular villagers, I'm SUPER surprised at Apollo's popularity. I had him in WW and I was fond of him because he was sort of like a father figure (I played WW when I was like 10 lol), but I though he'd be unpopular with the fanbase since he isn't "cute" and his design is generally sort of plain. good for him though, love this grandpa
AMEN! Megan is an absolutely adorable normal villager and I am so surprised by how much I like her because normals usually make me feel weirdly bad. I often find them depressing, but not my girl Megan

She also has such a nice voice and that cute little smirk ahhhh.

I actually found Bones on an island today and he is in a lower tier. He is kinda plain but he’s a cute dog with a library house!

Popular:

Raymond and Ankha: I feel that these two are only as popular as they are bc unfortunately people love to fetishize them. I wish I didn’t know that but I do and so that’s that.

Bob: I don’t like his face, the only thing going for him is that he’s purple I guess.

Diana: People are saying that Judy looks like a rainbow threw up on her, to me Diana looks like ice cream threw up on her.

Beau: Same issue as Bob, I don’t like his face.

Unpopular:

Horses: With gems like Roscoe, Papi, Cleo, Annalise, Elmer, Reneigh and Julian I don’t get why so many overlook these guys. Julian being the exception as many like him.

Hamphrey: He is an adorable grumpy fluff

Julia: She is a beautiful peacock

Friga: She is adorable, probably my favorite penguin.

Soleil: People call her Karen because of her hair but she’s a sweet Southern belle. I really fell in love with her and am sorry I lost her on my island. I’ll have her back someday.

Spike: He is a lux grump, the gold texturing he got in NH is beautiful too. I also love the animals with scars, it makes me feel like they have a story to tell.

Lionel: He looks like a Victorian gentleman.

Vivian: I think she is cuter than Whitney (I like Whitney) so I don’t get how Vivian is drastically overshadowed by her.

I could go on and on.

Why Eugene doesn't get the love he deserves is BEYOND me.
I mean, COME ON, he smirks while singing. He's amazing.

So I've recently discovered Murphy and I think he's amazing. Why isn't he being worshipped right now?????? Little green grumpy bear. Maybe because he's green? I like it though.

hamphrey, antonio and bree are my favourites. bree and antonio are from my first town in acnl so i have a special attachment to them :’)
hamphrey just moved to my island and i really like him and his style. he has a japanese themed house and for some reason it just fits his personality really well.
honestly i also find it cute that he has this deep voice and is a tiny hammy :3c

So I've recently discovered Murphy and I think he's amazing. Why isn't he being worshipped right now?????? Little green grumpy bear. Maybe because he's green? I like it though.
I feel like the big bears in general are not very popular, which is a shame because they are pretty great.

Overrated: Merengue - Cute but verrrrry plain, Roald - Looks like the penguins out of Mario 64 and has a cool interior, but design and personality really didn't vibe with me, Zucker - His house sucks and he seems super basic to me. I do have Zucker and won't kick him out, but I think he could be B tier almost.

Underrated: Agnes, a lot of the rabbit villagers. I couldn't believe Agnes was so unpopular, Vesta.

Yeah, I understand that Raymond looks cool, but I don't get the frenzy. He's a cat wearing glasses, and I find it unsettling that people are taking him just to dress him up in a maid outfit and force him to sing Bubblegum. It's such a different atmosphere from NL because characters couldn't do stuff like that, but now people are taking it too far imo 😂

NOW. What I want to know, is who is the person who decided put Elmer in one of the very last tiers? WHY? Of all the horses, he is one of the cutest ones and his lazy personality is so perfect for him, I cannot fathom him being that low :(

I feel like the big bears in general are not very popular, which is a shame because they are pretty great.
[/QUOTE]
But he's a cute bear cub! He's not even one of the big ones! I am no saint. I also am partial to small animals. I do prefer cubs over regular bears, although Tutu and Megan are cute big bears. But this is super cute little Murphy!
Post automatically merged:

sorry the pic sucked lmao. Site wouldn't accept the larger and better quality one I had.

Edit: Wow I accidentally replied twice it this got messy haha

Attachments

• 30828.png
    30828.png
    156.4 KB · Views: 4
The story of how Audie got her name is super cute, but I don't like her vibe. Something about those sunglasses.....

i actually agree with molly. she’s cute, but she just feels kinda bland? like i don’t click with her at all

i really like nana. she’s a cute pink monkey, what’s not to like?

I'm gonna be the one to say it:

Barold isn't as ugly as people make him out to be. I see why he's unpopular lol, but he deserves more hype than hatred.

I really don't understand all the love for Raymond. Lucky, Coco, & Pietro creep me out.

Most of my faves are C tier and lower, actually: Grizzly, Agnes, Deli, Midge, Savannah, Tucker, Pinky, & Ribbot, to name a few.

One of my favorite villagers right now is Savannah. I even kicked out Marina (who I loved) in hopes that I would find her which I did. I feel like her popularity will explode when people realize how cool she looks ^_^

I don't understand the popularity of:
Lolly - looks pretty boring in terms of cat designs
Molly - same but as a duck
Kiki - despite being the only black cat in the game (as far as I know), not a fan of her nose

Don't understand why they aren't popular:
Agent S
Pierce
Roscoe
Tank

Oh boy time for a long post...

The villagers I don't really understand the popularity of:

Julian: I don't understand why everyone likes him so much, his house is definitely nice but I'm not the biggest fan of his design tbh. He doesn't really feel all that special to me...

Marina: She's a cute pink octopus I guess, but that's about it. Maybe I'm biased because she showed up so many times while I was villager hunting...

Octavian: She's Marina but not cute. Idk I feel like he feels like a lot of tier 5 villagers that give no love but for some reason he does?

Merengue: Prepared food based animals just... don't sit well with me... Sort of like Pokemon and Vanilite and Alcreme. Actual fruits like Tangy are fine but when you get to human prepared food, it just seems... really weird.

Villagers I thought would be more popular:

Megan: She's a cute new bear with a fantastic color scheme! Maybe why shes not that popular is that thats basically all she has, but I still expected her to be better than almost bottom tier!

Phoebe: Most Likely some bias here, but a villager based on the mythical animal Phoenix sounds so cool! Definitely adding her to my island when I find her!
Pretty much agree with everything here! Especially megan :( so cute! Julian is pretty boring to me imo, he looks fine but meh so I def agree with that as well.

More unpopulars who should be popular (imo): Chester, Pudge, Cyd, Del, Gayle, Puddles, Agnes, Wade, Boots, mac and a ton of others tbh.
Post automatically merged:

I don't understand the popularity of:
Lolly - looks pretty boring in terms of cat designs
Molly - same but as a duck
Kiki - despite being the only black cat in the game (as far as I know), not a fan of her nose

Don't understand why they aren't popular:
Agent S
Pierce
Roscoe
Tank
I love Kiki so how dare you! (jk) I agree about Tank though, don't understand why he isn't popular either

Back