• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Villagers "thinking" … ?

Mouse_63

Mayor of Town
Bells
Hello Awesome Forum!

Just been wondering ? you know how villagers start "thinking" when you talk to them too much, does it have any negative effects on your friendship or anything like that?

Thanks much!
Mouse.

To be honest, I'm not sure.
I have a theory.

I don't think it does because the next time you talk to them, it takes more conversations for them to say that they need some space for a while. So the more you talk to them until they require some space, the friendlier with them you become.

Whilst time travelling, it is recommended that you talk to one villager everyday to check if someone is thinking of moving. So I chose Pippy and talked to her everyday that I time-travelled. Over time she became my best animal friend in the game, popping in to my house, giving me her picture etc.

So I think in conclusion, the more you talk to them, the higher their friendship levels with you are.

Talking to your villagers does not drop friendship points, no. It's just a way to get you to talk to other villagers for a change.

Back