• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Villagers that remind you of stardew valley characters?

alicat1469

Bells
Hey everyone! I'm currently trying to make a Stardew Valley themed town. However, I'm having trouble coming up with villager equivalents for the characters from stardew valley! So far the ones I've thought of are:
Harvey = Doc
Dobbie = George
Champ/Tybalt = Alex
Monique/Pancetti = Haley

I tried to match them up based on their appearance or personality (or in doc's case the fact that doc=doctor). Obviously I don't need all 30+ character's as villagers since I can only put 10 into my town, but since where I have space for houses will change based on the map layout I decide to stick with (3+ nights of reseting so far...) I figure it's better to have more than 10 to choose from.
Just so you know, my player houses are going to be the player character, pierre's shop (either pierre or abigail living there), the carpenter's shop (Probably will have Robin living there but maybe someone else in the family), and Linus's tent.

If you have any suggestions for what villagers could represent the different characters, please let me know!

We had similar ideas since I've been making a Stardew Valley themed town as well, I just named mine Stardew though instead of Pelican town. I just ended up going with one villager from every animal species available for the farm since if you count both pets there are 10: dog, cat, horse, cow, goat, sheep, pig, chicken, duck, and rabbit. It made things easier, and fit the farm theme better, for me. But, my initial idea for villagers was:
Harvey = Doc, of course.
Shane = Knox, because a cranky chicken just fits as a counterpart for him.
Eliot = Olaf, because of the hair and smug personality.
Alex = Bam, though any jock really would work the green jacket made him jump to mind first.
Sebastian = Roscoe, a black horse fits the look for the broody emo kid.
Penny = Alice, they both have that same wide eyed sweet look to them.
Abigail = Cherry, the girl who wants to be a rebel.
Maru = Velma, with the glasses.
Emily = Bluebear, the same blue hair and peppy personality.
Haley = Monique, yeah the blond hair and snooty personality fits.

Last edited:
We had similar ideas since I've been making a Stardew Valley themed town as well, I just named mine Stardew though instead of Pelican town. I just ended up going with one villager from every animal species available for the farm since if you count both pets there are 10: dog, cat, horse, cow, goat, sheep, pig, chicken, duck, and rabbit. It made things easier, and fit the farm theme better, for me. But, my initial idea for villagers though was:
Harvey = Doc, of course.
Shane = Knox, because a cranky chicken just fits as a counterpart for him.
Eliot = Olaf, because of the hair and smug personality.
Alex = Bam, though any jock really would work the green jacket made him jump to mind first.
Sebastian = Roscoe, a black horse fits the look for the broody emo kid.
Penny = Alice, they both have that same wide eyed sweet look to them.
Abigail = Cherry, the girl who wants to be a rebel.
Maru = Velma, with the glasses.
Emily = Bluebear, the same blue hair and peppy personality.
Haley = Monique, yeah the blond hair and snooty personality fits.

Thanks!! These are such great ideas! I especially love Olaf for Elliot and bluebear for Emily! You're a great help!

I really want to have something for Clint or Gunther or the Wizard since I have extra space on those parts of the map. I was thinking maybe using Dobie for the Museum instead might work? (I could try to send him a fossil to replace his bed with). I was also thinking that maybe the police station could work for the museum, since I could purposefully lose stuff to make it end up in the lost and found, which would then look kinda like the museum! But I don't think that the police station is open during dream visits, in which case it might be confusing what it's representing? What does anyone think??
I was also thinking that Maybe Ken would work for the wizard? And I could get him to put the creepy caldron out in his house too to complete the look. Any thoughts?
(Also if anyone has any more suggestions about any of the characters in general I would love that!)

I really want to have something for Clint or Gunther or the Wizard since I have extra space on those parts of the map. I was thinking maybe using Dobie for the Museum instead might work? (I could try to send him a fossil to replace his bed with). I was also thinking that maybe the police station could work for the museum, since I could purposefully lose stuff to make it end up in the lost and found, which would then look kinda like the museum! But I don't think that the police station is open during dream visits, in which case it might be confusing what it's representing? What does anyone think??
I was also thinking that Maybe Ken would work for the wizard? And I could get him to put the creepy caldron out in his house too to complete the look. Any thoughts?
(Also if anyone has any more suggestions about any of the characters in general I would love that!)
Actually you can enter the police station in dream towns. Lose a bunch of gems, fossils, and furniture, and it would make a nice museum. Ken could work for the wizard, though with all the hair, beard and mustache the wizard has maybe Lionel is another possibility.

I don't know if I should use Doc or Raddle to represent Harvey. Doc's name means doctor, but Raddle's house is an actual doctor's office/he has a little doctor mask on. But he's kinda creepy looking. What do people think?

For some reason I can really see Muffy as Abigal
Beardo as Dr. Harvey.
Mott/Julian could be Elliot
Broccolo/ Ed could be Sam.
(I think he is more of the lazy type like Broccolo.) These ideas are just off the top of my head really. I love both stardew and animal crossing equally <3 :eek:

I don't know if I should use Doc or Raddle to represent Harvey. Doc's name means doctor, but Raddle's house is an actual doctor's office/he has a little doctor mask on. But he's kinda creepy looking. What do people think?

Doc matches Harvey's cute, but dorky, look better. You could always send him pieces from the hospital set, and either a large table or bed to replace the piano. I think the only furniture he wouldn't replace is the stereo and table, unless he happens to move the pop up book to another table.

Back