Villagers asking to leave frequency

I've so far only had 2 people ask to leave. The first I said no to. The second I said yes to. I can't remember the time difference between them, but I'm pretty sure it was less than a week.

It's been taking far longer to get another ask though. That villager I said yes to moved out on the 11th. Haven't had anyone ask since, and I did have a villager replace the one that moved the day after they left, so it's not like my count went down for long.

Damn if I had known to ignore the villager with the bubble I would have ignored Audie x.x Now I gotta wait another cycle period.

Does the thought bubble go away eventually or will it be there all day?

I've been playing a little less than a month, and already had 3 villagers ask to leave in the past 2 weeks. Feel like it's pretty random.

Does anyone know if a villager asks to leave but you tell them to stay, will they ask to leave again? If so, how long can that be?

I was told if they ask to move three times, the third time they actually leave.
So, it's always best to ignore them if you want them to stay.
Is this correct?

Once per two weeks is an upper bound. It might be more frequent than that, but we know from the 15-day method that at least one villager will ask to move out every two weeks.
Post automatically merged:

Is this correct?
I haven't heard anything like that.

Once per two weeks is an upper bound. It might be more frequent than that, but we know from the 15-day method that at least one villager will ask to move out every two weeks.

I haven't heard anything like that.

I haven't tested it, but on another animal crossing community I'm apart of, three people have confirmed it.

Oh god, if this is true I'm terrified.
Im too scared to test it lol.

It can take less than 15 days between villagers! I've had 3 villagers ask to move out since early April.

Is this correct?
I really hope this isn't true! Which other Animal Crossing community are you apart of?

yikes! I'm glad to know that if a villager has a thought bubble who I do not want moving, it's best for me to ignore them! It could potentially take a year or more otherwise to move the 1/10 villager I wanted gone, if my luck was awful enough (and it usually is)

Not sure if its the same in this game, but in new leaf, if you did this, then the villager would leave without asking. the best way to moderate who stays in your town is to answer all pings in hopes you get a move request.

I've had villagers ask me as soon as five days since the last time one asked to leave.

Is this correct?
Not true. Have told most of my villagers to stay way more than three times. ^^

I haven't tested it, but on another animal crossing community I'm apart of, three people have confirmed it.

Im too scared to test it lol.
Interesting. I feel like if that was a thing, more people would know about it, but people who TT for reasons relating to villagers are cycling (i.e. never reject a villager's decision to move out). Time will tell, I guess.

i've been playing since the 19th and answered all pings! so far the only one who's asked to leave was hippeux on the 8th (yay). no one else yet. i'm anxiously waiting for someone else to leave, as i love going to the islands LOL so hopefully the next one is coming soon!!

It can take less than 15 days between villagers! I've had 3 villagers ask to move out since early April.

I really hope this isn't true! Which other Animal Crossing community are you apart of?
Animal Crossing Amino.

Can you share where you found the info exactly? I'm very curious.
Animal Crossing Amino.

I've had villagers ask me as soon as five days since the last time one asked to leave.

Not true. Have told most of my villagers to stay way more than three times. ^^
Okay thank you for confirming!!! I'll still ignore them though since, In my experience someone ends up asking the next day haha

I've played every day so far.

And have had 2 people ask to leave.

Chops, YAY!

and Audie... NOOOOOOOOO!

Audie was just a couple days ago. Now that I know of the "turn the game off super fast trick" I think I'll try doing that. Sheldon and Hornsby gots ta go.

I’m getting a villager asking to leave about once per week. This is around the same frequency that I’m getting a villager in my campsite.

I do not know how to navigate amino and I'm not sure where to find the exact post you're referring to, would you mind linking it?

Here you go!

Screenshot_20200422-233028_Amino.jpg

My 2nd island got a mover request on Sunday and just now. Before it was weeks before I got movers on both islands. I play in real time and haven't used amiibo.

This is a method that gets you a request to move per day—that is, until you let someone leave:

1. When you see a villager “thinking”, approach them and force-quit if it’s a request to move
2. If it’s someone you want to keep, go to
Nook and say you want to relocate their plot
3. You can speak to Nook immediately afterward to say you’ve changed your mind (which lets you get all your money back)

The villager will still be “thinking” when you see them again but it’s no longer a request to move. A day later, a different villager will want to move—repeat this process until you get to who you want out!

This method was discovered and shared by someone else here a few days ago. It’s been effective for me so far ^ェ^

Back