Villager Relationships

Kess

Hello? Yes, this is Kess;
Bells
Out of all the villagers, what do you imagine their relationships to be? Do you think they're all just individuals or do you think theres some blood/romantic/platonic relationships? What are your head canons? What are their stories?

Heres some personal examples:

~~
Jeremiahs little sister is totally Puddles. Jeremiah dates Lily
Cheri is Bluebears big sister, and Kody is their big brother.
Vladimir and Tammy deff have some kind of relationship.. somewhere, somehow...Tammy and Pudge are related. Since Tammy is uchi I guess she's the big sister. Probably mean to him lol. Beardo is probably their dad and Charlise their mom. Tutu their big sister.

Chow is obvs Chesters dad or brother. Pinky is also related to them somehow.

Poncho and Maple date like hello duh. Poncho may have also had a relationship with Pekoe. Teddy is prob Maples big brother (watch out Poncho). Curt is probably Poncho's eldest brother who totally annoyed with his two younger brothers (Groucho and Poncho) but secretely routes for Poncho in all his athletic endeavors (hence the MVP shirt) and Groucho is the annoyed/awkward middle brother.

We could seriously go down the species list and do the relationships lol I personally like to keep romantic and blood relationships within species but friendships between any and all. How about you? I've seen some cute art of Diana holding Fangs hand and stuff. Lets write books about this stuff haha!

I ship Rosie and Broccolo, just because it was funny to me and those two were always together and talking about the other when I had them. Right now though, it's all about Flora and Cranston in my town, and they're pretty adorable.

Lolly is stuck in a love triangle. There was a point when it looked as though she was dating Kid Cat and even wore his number 1 shirt while he would often times ask me to deliver presents to her. When that happened, Stinky acted oddly depressed. He would mention things like some of his best friends are Gyroids and when I invited him over to my house he was happy because the notion meant he actually had a friend xD.

After some time passed, Lolly eventually removed the number 1 shirt and started wanting to give presents to Stinky and eventually wore his shirt. Stinky also started to want me to pass presents onto her xD. The entire time, Stinky and Kid Cat were never really close.

Nowadays, Stinky and Kid Cat are close friends but they don't seem that interested in Lolly anymore xD.

marshal/mott all the way, honestly
theyre always with each other, always talking to each other, and every other villager is always commenting on it—blanche brought up that they always 'play tennis' together :rolleyes:

fang/julian have been together since the first day of my town, which is odd because marshal and fang never interact :^0 i see it as julian and fang grew up together and have since become not-dating-but-yknow together hehehe, because they both still lowkey have crushes on other people, but always end up together at the end (re: fang and annalisa lowkey having a thing and julian and kid cat being a liiitle to close to just be friends) (also julian/marshal was deffo a thing for a bit and fang got really sad and would send me sad letters, but now theyre just friends and fang is happy again)

blanche and merengue get along together really well, and blanche and annalisa are neighbours so theyre always nice to each other, but im p sure merengue is holding out on dating anyone, because shes waiting to meet agnes *w*

lucky is totally ace, but friends with just about everyone iM SORRY I LOVE MY VILLAGERS THEY R SO CUTE TOGETHER...i imagine writing a comic about all of them

i think thats it, hehehe

OOOOH SNAP
where to start

Tia & Kabuki because a cranky guy just needs a happy cup of tea
Ankha & Julian because it takes magic to tame that snooty queen
Marshal & Pekoe just look so cute
Snake & Tangy are the sporty power couple
so are Mira & Kid Cat, but Ribbot is trying to have her join the dark side o.o
Coco & Zucker don't need words; they just understand
Skye & Avery because he's an eagle who wants to be a professor & she's got her heads in the clouds, yeah?
Francine & Zell because they put up with each other
Flora just fawns over Chief...& although she brightens his day, he's not committed yet

Do ya know why Lucky has all those bandages? Because Gayle is so full of love (and teeth) that her chompers get in the way...but he'd rather have her kisses, so he puts up with the pain ;.; & wraps, wraps, wraps. >.< haaaa, what goes on in my head...

Ankha and Kyle <3 - Since Ankha moved in they constantly hang out and go to each other's places. They exchange gifts and talk about each other. Ky was starting a thing with Kiki before Ankha, but Kiki never seemed interested. I love them together so much x.x

And Pietro just seems to want everyone so there's that..

Oh boy, let's see.

Gala and Stinky used to date until Stinky moved, than she dated Clay for a little bit.
Gala and Opal were besties before Opal moved.
Clay dated Gala than Ruby, but now I think he's making some connections with Flo according to Antonio.
Clay and Stinky were frenemies.
Stinky dated Ruby a little bit before he went out with Gala.
Tom and Stinky were besties before Stinky moved.
Tom and Freya dated <3, but then Freya's bestie Becky stole him from her.
Me, Freya, and Ruby were in a band that Ruby created.
Freya and Flo were frenemies.
Flo and Becky HATED each other.
Flo and Ruby are odd besties, my favorite friendship in the game <3
Pietro and Becky dated than Becky ended up hating him.
Becky and Rasher dated a bit before Becky thankfully moved.
Charlise and Becky were frenemies.
Opal HATED Pietro.
Antonio flirts with Ruby, Gala, and Alice and Becky used to flirt with him.
Rasher had a crush on Freya before she sadly moved, now he has a crush on Alice.
Everyone loves Alice and she gets gifts from basically all the villagers <3

Last edited:
Ankha and Lucky are the ultimate couple.

Tom and Moe are fraternal twins. XD

I haven't really thought about any others! But I really should...

Last edited:
Cookie Cookie_CF.png has a huge crush on Biskit, Biskit_CF.png but Biskit, (in typical Biskit fashion), doesn't know it. Cookie is pretty okay with everyone else. She's getting to know everyone, and is still pretty new.

Poncho Poncho_CF.png is also new, but loves everyone, especially the mayor. He likes the fresh air and he likes how festive everything is. He's good friends with Gaston Gaston_CF.png, and Gaston isn't close to many people. Gaston is close to the mayor, Bob, and Cherry, but pretty distant from everyone else.

Muffy tumblr_n7gcc6mYIZ1tv12peo1_100.png has been in the town since it first sprouted up. She's seen some come and go and is somewhat of the 'mother' of the town. She's close to the mayor and makes sure that everyone knows she's there for them, despite being sassy. She's very close to Kiki Kiki.gif, who has also been in town for a very long time. Kiki is in love with Bob Bob2_zpse97943e1.gif, and Bob doesn't know it. Bob is very close to the mayor, Kyle 7a8b77f3cb05423b055d98696c1e51ea.jpg, Kiki, and Muffy. Everyone else is pretty new, and he had a huge crush on a kitten named Mitzi, but she moved a long time ago.

Flora Flora.png, being new, is close to Cookie and the mayor. Flora is getting to know Cherry Hannah.png and starting to open up to the mayor. Flora enjoys the time in the town and is growing to love it day by day. Cherry is very close the mayor and is really open and kind to everyone in town.

Kyle is in love with the mayor. She makes him dance and he often fumbles when she's around. He's been in the town for a long time, along with Muffy, and though he isn't close with Muffy the two respect one another a lot.

Last edited:
For me to begin to speak of headcanons and shipping is a dangerous thing, but short answer is I def headcanon Merengue and Renee as being a couple.

Well, I think Jitters and Rosie are a couple in my town. Which I hate, because Rosie is my favorite villager, and Jitters was an uninvited guest. But everyone talks about them, and Rosie talks about him, so hey.

For me to begin to speak of headcanons and shipping is a dangerous thing, but short answer is I def headcanon Merengue and Renee as being a couple.
merengue and renee. YES. i am on board with this ship. please share more.

i haven't given this a lot of thought yet, but i like the idea of marshal/filbert and julian/colton. perhaps ruby/coco too!

Last edited:
It would take me too long to do this so I'll keep it strictly to my own residents.
-There's a love triangle going on with Bob, Snake, and Marshal. Bob and Snake were dating until Bob decided to move. Marshal moved in shortly after and befriended Snake. They ended up getting along swimmingly and started to date. A few months later, Bob moved back (a different Bob, sure, but Bob nonetheless). He wanted back with Snake and still isn't very happy with his rejection. He isn't mad at Snake but he's still kinda meh with Marshal. He keeps it to himself though.
-Fang and Diana like each other but aren't dating. They both wanna make a move but they don't wanna ruin their relationship so they just do cute things like give each other presents and hang out.
-Fuchsia and Freya are in an on again off again type of relationship. They're currently together but I have actually seen them converse and end their conversation badly twice. So I guessed I witnessed 2 break-ups.
-Cookie and Merengue, unsurprisingly, share baking secrets. They like to discuss nature and such and don't like to gossip.
-Puddles to the town is "the star" as she likes to put it. She's friendly with everyone and even steps down a little because she's not the mayor but she thinks she has massive input in how the town is ran.

For my town...
- I noticed that Kid Cat and Vesta are really tight-knit. It's like the best thing ever. They're always talking about what they did with each other, and I think it's great that they're such good friends c:
- Roscoe and Monique have the same kind of friendship, which is also awesome because cranky + snooty friendships is something I can never get enough of.
- Cherry and Erik have a big sister and little brother relationship, which basically means I get to read really hilarious conversations whenever I eavesdrop on them.
- I'm convinced Mira and Carmen are friends with benefits.
- Zell and Agent S seem like a couple to practically everyone in my town but they've actually got a purely platonic relationship.

So I don't really ship any villagers together. I usually just like friendships :p
Though one of my best friends has both Deirdre and Fauna in his town and I kinda ship it now because of him :'-[

MY SHIPS, LET ME TELL YOU THEM

When I was a kid I thought Purrl was tsundere for Bob and they were in a secret Relationship. But now, in New Leaf, it seems to be all about Tom and Purrl :<
Felicity and Rudy are totally a thing.
Bunnie is in a love triangle with Roald and Genji (I'm seeing a pattern with Peppy/Jock ships...)
Frank and Aurora are really close friends, but maybe more? neither of them have the courage to admit their feelings.
Julian just flirts with everybody. But seems really concerned about rumors of him and Roald...

I've always considered Rolf & Bianca related somehow... Like, my headcanon is them girlfriend and boyfriend but, I don't know, they could be brother and sister! They are so alike.

Skye and Whitney could be related. Sisters? Mother and daughter? They're so alike. Ship them so much! ;v;

Henry and Lily are a cute couple. They could go out together!

Kabuki was an original in my town, and Phoebe moved in soon after. I shipped them for quite a bit until Kabuki unexpectedly moved away. I loved having Phoebe around, though I was sad that she didn't have Kabuki anymore. I let her go and had the Zen Streetlight placed in front of town hall in memory of their relationship.

I think the top ship currently in my town is between Tucker and Hans. They always hang out with each other and their so cute.

Though I'm having issues with a ship...Benjamin and Flurry seem perfect for each other...though Flurry likes to hang out with Rolf...Flurry tends to stick with the bigger animals.

Kid Cat and Nibbles are kinda typical. Peppy and Jock you know.

Freya and Fuchsia gel well with each other, though I don't hear much about their relationship.

Though I do try to ship everyone in my town, I'd like to think Colton is the lovable loser

Back