Villager Personality Types - What do you think?

Bizhiins

smol bean
Bells
So I was brainstorming today while I was compiling a list of all my dreamies on New Leaf. I was thinking about how the cranky, jock and lazy types are limited to boy animals and the peppy, snooty and uchi types are limited to girl villagers. (I tend not to think about that until I hear other villagers talking about them).
Don?t you think think it would be fun if they expanded the types to both genders? So, like, there could be a cranky girl villager (it would be really funny to hear their voice I think) or a peppy boy villager? I feel like that?s more like real life too- there?s girl jocks, lazy girls, snooty boys etc.
I think this could make some villager personalities even more likeable and unique to me, but I could also see why people would want to keep it the same and not complicate things more.
What do you all think? Or maybe you even see the animals as gender-less and mostly by their personalities? (like I do most of the time!)

I agree, I'd love to see some girl villagers with "guy" Personalities, hopefully in the switch release they implement this (that's if they're still going with the whole mayor idea)

maybe in the new game, they'll release new personalities that can be both girl and guy villagers. i'd like that more because the other personalities are more like the "original" ones and they shouldn't be mixed together with both genders

I would love to see villagers of both gender within the same personality. I don't see why there can't be lazy females and normal males, cranky females and peppy males. Those types of people exist in real life. I doubt that Animal Crossing would do that with it's existing personalities, though. But introducing some new, non-gender specific personalities in the next game would be a nice compromise.

i'd love personalities being non-exclusive to gender!!!! i honestly didn't even think about that. i can't imagine it would be too hard to put in but i doubt they'd do something like that since it's been like that for years :(

Last edited:
I'd love non gender exclusive personalities, but also a more interesting option than "normal" personality.

I'd love non gender exclusive personalities, but also a more interesting option than "normal" personality.

Yeah...And yeah normals pretty always to their "i just sat down writing a poem about a toothbrush" or what it is.. like bruh.

Honestly I'd wish they fix the uchi as well in general, probably my least fav type.

Back