Villager moving without saying anything?!

Miss Renee

Mayor of Opu
Bells
A very loved villager of mine is moving out today...
He did not ping me or even mention it at all.

Does anyone know what causes this?
Has this happened to anyone else?

This almost happened to me with Whitney. I noticed she didn't bother to ping me for days until I went up to her, talked to her, saved, then started the game back up

That's happened to me before, albeit not with any villagers that I especially liked (thankfully). I'm sorry that happened to you :(

I don't know what causes it exactly, but I will give you a tip: try talking to villagers too to find out if someone's moving. Repeatedly. When I tt villagers out for others, I always make sure to talk to one or two until they get sick of me and start thinking. If they haven't mentioned someone moving by that point, then it's not likely that anybody is.

That's happened to me before, albeit not with any villagers that I especially liked (thankfully). I'm sorry that happened to you :(

I don't know what causes it exactly, but I will give you a tip: try talking to villagers too to find out if someone's moving. Repeatedly. When I tt villagers out for others, I always make sure to talk to one or two until they get sick of me and start thinking. If they haven't mentioned someone moving by that point, then it's not likely that anybody is.
Thank you! I heard that talking to villagers that are close to you works better but I don't know...
My closest friend is probably Bubbles since she sends me random gifts in the mail almost daily. (right?)

If I only talk to one, I talk to one that I'm on so-so terms with. I actually think that it would be more risky regularly talking to one you're close to since they won't tell you that they're moving in the middle of a conversation.

Ultimately it's best though to just switch it up, IMO. Only talk to one and you run the risk of that being the one who's planning on moving.

This happened to me with Blaire!

I shall go and cry in the corner now.

Last edited:
Back