Villager moving in from another persons town without my knowledge?

undadac

CaliBaby♀
Bells
I woke up one day and i notice a new home being built RIGHT ON MY LAND.. this villager randomly shows up i did not ask for or want him but when i talk to him for the first time he said hes from the town of esteria and he thinks we have met before.. it seems like he came from one of my friends or somthing but i dont know because i didnt ask for him.

my question is why did he move in and how? i know theres an answer for this and i want to know how to stop this from ever happening again

If someone voids a villager, they go into their 'pool'. Villagers from the pool can move to other towns that the person wifis with, or streetpasses with :p

the same thing happened to me recently!! I don't know the reason for it but I know I definitely didn't talk to anyone's villagers to make it happen.. :confused:

Same thing happened with me, only I had the unfortunance of receiving Rodd with catchphrases and greetings full of vulgar language, badly designed clothes and a completely ruined house full of fish and sea shells.

:x How do i make this never happen again omgosh

You can't.

The only way you can stop it is make sure you don't do trades when you're on 9 villagers, or you make sure that the person you're visiting hasn't voided a villager (the same goes for if they visit you)

As for StreetPass, I think it can be disabled

You can't.

The only way you can stop it is make sure you don't do trades when you're on 9 villagers, or you make sure that the person you're visiting hasn't voided a villager (the same goes for if they visit you)

As for StreetPass, I think it can be disabled
I think you can disable StreetPass so 50% of the time you won't get random villagers. You can disable it by looking at the list of Streetpassed games and disabling ACNL.

You have to be very careful. Big Top moved from my town months ago, but I visited a friend and she visited me, and now he just moved into her town xD

i never really understood streetpass really ethier. but thanks for the advice

- - - Post Merge - - -

i had ten villagers when visiting one town.... i was supposed to get ankha frm her void but then she said i had ten villagers so i have to go foward four days or somthing? its all so confusing.. katt was in boxes as my tenth and thats why keatons now here

So my friend has my Sly...interesting...well, I'm gonna tell him to get him to move out so I can get him again :D

Last edited:
How long are we vulnerable to voided characters? :/ I've gotten three so far; two from my friend, and one from someone I wifi'd for a trade (since streetpass is nonexistent in my area). I'm going to make the unfortunate guess that we're vulnerable so long as they're in that person's void, but... Is there a period of time that if you don't connect with them, their void will sort of just go away? >.<;

Hm.. I think the developers should add something like a permit to the game, villagers asking for permission to move in or not. And where too.

Hm.. I think the developers should add something like a permit to the game, villagers asking for permission to move in or not. And where too.

I think the devs should add a lot of things. But honestly, they don't care. <=/ We're not getting any patches here. Can't waste our breath. Just gotta wait another 10 years for the next handheld one.

This is how I received Simon in Applewin.

One person eliminated his/her entire town, after having visited Applewin, and Simon's lot (the outline) was in my town. It was random. In fact, I never spoke with Simon. I was in that person's town to drop something off; no time to be present with any of the villagers.

I'm okay with Simon.

StreetPass if they walked by you, or via wifi if you visited their town recently.

Last edited:
Back