• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Villager Celebrates Birthday on Wrong Date?

Valzed

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
Bells
Switch
2305-9568-2503
Island
Amity
Spectral Preserves
Raven Wings Potion
Shadow Kitty Plush
Gourdy
Opalescent Crystal
Gleaming Butterfly Spirit
Black Famous Mushroom
Quirky Doll
Spirit Candy: Wix
Purple Bat Potion
My friend recently started playing ACNL. He had a villager send him their birthday letter. The letter said the villager's birthday was August 20th. My friend asked me what to do for villagers' birthdays so I explained them to him. Yesterday when my friend went into his game the villager was celebrating his birthday - on August 13th. My friend says both his in game date & time are correct as are his 3DS console date & time. I felt bad because I've never seen this so I couldn't help him.

Has anyone ever had this happen or does anyone know why this would happen? Any help will be truly appreciated. Thank you!

That's weird--I haven't been playing long, so I haven't seen this, but Thonky has 8/13 as Tabby's birthday and 8/20 as Lopez's birthday--do you know which villager it was?

That's weird--I haven't been playing long, so I haven't seen this, but Thonky has 8/13 as Tabby's birthday and 8/20 as Lopez's birthday--do you know which villager it was?

It was Lopez. When my friend first told me I googled Lopez to double check his bday. To be honest I at first thought my friend had the wrong villager but he sent me a screen shot & it was definitely Lopez.

Strange. I've never had that happen to me before and the only logical reason that I can come up with is that there was an event falling on that day, so the game might've set Lopez's birthday forward? I think the same thing happened with Tammi when she was brought back in new leaf. Her birthday was changed to the second of april instead of the first.

There was the Fireworks Festival on Sunday but there wasn't anything yesterday. Plus Lopez's birthday letter said it was this coming Monday, the 20th. Now I think there's a Bug Off on Saturday the 18th & another Fireworks Festival on the 19th. Would any of these cause his birthday to be so off? Thanks for the help everyone!

I dont know if this affects this, but has your friend time traveled?

I think he said he changed the date in game when he was first setting it up but then went in and set it to the correct date & time but that was before he received the birthday letter. I don't TT so I didn't even think of that as a possible explanation. Does that actually count a time travelling though?

Back