• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

[VIDEO] The Reset Trick: Control House Placement & Campsite Villagers

Thanks a bunch for doing this. If I hadn't seen this, I would have been stuck with Frita in the middle of a path, instead I got Kat in a great spot.

This probably sounds dumb but I wanna make sure I don't mess anyone up. If I ask my friend's villager's to move in IE: Molly. I load with brand new character each time and it'll still be Molly but in a different location? Once I like her location I save the game to make sure she stays where I want her to?

This probably sounds dumb but I wanna make sure I don't mess anyone up. If I ask my friend's villager's to move in IE: Molly. I load with brand new character each time and it'll still be Molly but in a different location? Once I like her location I save the game to make sure she stays where I want her to?

Yes. This is exactly how it will work. :)

Thank you so much for the video:) I will definitely give this a go in a couple of days after Derwin finishes unpacking! I do have one question though...is there any risk for this trick corrupting the game? Erasing your mayor character/town etc.? I know to use the new character and not the mayor, but I still want to be sure;)

Thank you so much for the video:) I will definitely give this a go in a couple of days after Derwin finishes unpacking! I do have one question though...is there any risk for this trick corrupting the game? Erasing your mayor character/town etc.? I know to use the new character and not the mayor, but I still want to be sure;)

There are some claims about this, but there is no evidence that suggests that this alone is the cause. It's only started to come up in the past week since it happened to one person; many people (including myself) have been consistently using the trick since the first week the game came out in English. If this was the sole cause I believe we would have seen errors appearing much earlier. However, like with TT'ing, anything you do with your game that goes outside of normal/standard gameplay should be considered a risk of some sort.

Personally, I've done this literally hundreds of times without a problem.

Last edited:
I have every personality except for lazy and the games wont give me Beau -.- hes a lazy deer I want him, ive had so many lazies appear except Beau idk y it wont show him

I have every personality except for lazy and the games wont give me Beau -.- hes a lazy deer I want him, ive had so many lazies appear except Beau idk y it wont show him

That happens unfortunately. :/ I had to reset 72 times to get Lobo. ^^;

Thank you so so much for this! I have a villager moving out tomorrow and i wanted to make sure i got this right. I messed up last time and started with my mayor before remembering someone could move in and by the time i realized, i had already started the game :u

Last edited:
Glad you found a villager you wanted, neko_koneko! =]

I used it four times myself today. I settled on Beardo the bear as my new villager. :)

Hmm I'm having problems here.

So I TT'd to a new day (5;58am) on my main villager, saved my file, and did this trick. When I chose a character and searched for plots, I managed to find Beardo's plot by my bridge, so undoubtedly I resettled and did the trick again. I got campers from Wolfgang, Cheri, Pecan, to Melba, but no one placed a plot. Is it just a coincidence, cause I'm resetting for cool villagers's plots :3

I'm at 8 villagers btw.

Last edited:
The time of day isn't really significant. I'm not sure how that even came about. o.o

There isn't always guaranteed to be a new plot. If none shows up it's fine to just save the game and carry on - you can just do the trick the next day. :) It can take 1-7 days for a ninth villager to show up. After 7 days, it's pretty much certain that a new plot will be there every reset.

Last edited:
Hmm I'm having problems here.

So I TT'd to a new day (5;58am) on my main villager, saved my file, and did this trick. When I chose a character and searched for plots, I managed to find Beardo's plot by my bridge, so undoubtedly I resettled and did the trick again. I got campers from Wolfgang, Cheri, Pecan, to Melba, but no one placed a plot. Is it just a coincidence, cause I'm resetting for cool villagers's plots :3

I'm at 8 villagers btw.

Move-ins are not 100% occurrence until the 7th day of not having a normal move in at eight villagers. The day after the house of your previous animal left to bring you down to 8 disappeared, houses can start appearing.(So, move out day-> House disappears day -> next day, move ins can occur) However, it's quite rare. Pretty much, just save on the new alt if there's no house placement and you're getting bad rates.(this way you can load up your mayor safely without having to worry about an animal randomly planting down.) As each day goes by, your move in rate will steadily climb. By the 5th day, I was at nearly 100% rate.

Last edited:
i am a little confused, what if it is 7 am, or 8? i heard that you have to TT with your mayor to 5:59 am ? or do you just have to wait for the time?

- - - Post Merge - - -

i went on my mayor, told isabelle to put the time as 5:59 am. i logged in and RIGHT then logged out. Then i made a new character. I found Rocco and so i reset (dont like him). i created a new character and when i came on again Rocco's house was built! what did i do wrong?

Ignore the '5:58/9' thing. I don't know who started that rumour but it always seems to trip people up and makes the trick needlessly complex/more prone to failure. If you're going to TT to do this, I'd recommend changing the date via the 3DS clock to ensure it works properly rather than doing it via Isabelle.

I would advise only ever doing it after 6am. In the video I was doing it at sunset/nighttime! I don't even TT. I just use it whenever I start playing for the first time that day - which can be anywhere from 8am to 10pm depending on my schedule that day. :)

Last edited:
i think they mean if they don't want to wait & want the plot down that same day
so they put it to 5:59 on mayor, and log back off to move plot around after 6 am

sorry if that doesn't make sense, i'm bad with words orz

Last edited:
Back