• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Valve Steam Deck?

The SSD that is already inside the Deck is a 2230 one, it's basically just the size of the SSD. I seen some peeps buy other SSD that aren't 2230, some have to mod it (file down to the size of the 2230 SSD) so it fits into the deck.

I would try to find 1TB/2TB 2230 SSD, just because I think Valve made a statement about how SSDs that aren't 2230 can effect the deck.

I watched alot of YT before buying my deck, some have used different SSD and said there been no problems, I just went with 2230 so I didn't have to worry about it.
If ya comfy going for a different SSD then 2230 just look on YT for vids about it, or reddit! c:
I've had no problems with my deck so far, I switched out the SSD when I first got my hands on my deck lol.

I dont think I explained anything well, welp~ ^^'
This was so helpful! Thank you very much! I'll grab a 2230 one to avoid making things complicated for no reason lol.

This was so helpful! Thank you very much! I'll grab a 2230 one to avoid making things complicated for no reason lol.
Yea best to play it safe lol!
I think I manage to grab my 1TB for under 100, think it was around £80.
So keep ya eyes out a deal~

Just jumping onto this thread~

I've always been a console player, wanted to play PC games for ages, didn't have the room or money for a decent PC. Recently found about the steam deck, and it was everything I wanted!

There is 3 options to choose from, I brought the lowest costing one £349 for the 64gb. This is because I wanted to change out the SSD, so no point going for the 512gb. Found a good deal on a 1TB SSD (If you want to changed the SSD, make sure it is 2230) It was my first time tinking with anything I've owned, so was kinda nervous. But all went smoothly!

Put a matt screen protector on and it helps alot getting rid of the reflections. Now, I'm able to play games with my brothers! So, deffo worth it for me~

I don't know if this is a trick of the lighting or a normal feature of the Steam Deck, but that matte finish is making me feel strangely giddy. It just looks so pristine.

EDIT: After actually looking at what 'matte' means I think I've used the wrong word, but it looks very good is what I'm saying.

I don't know if this is a trick of the lighting or a normal feature of the Steam Deck, but that matte finish is making me feel strangely giddy. It just looks so pristine.

EDIT: After actually looking at what 'matte' means I think I've used the wrong word, but it looks very good is what I'm saying.
Lol! I got so tried of seeing my mug on loading screens, the matt screen protected is a must have for me! I normally suck at applying protectors but this one just went of so smoothly!~

Lol! I got so tried of seeing my mug on loading screens, the matt screen protected is a must have for me! I normally suck at applying protectors but this one just went of so smoothly!~
It looks really nice! That's something I struggled with on Switch at times. During loading screens or just parts where the lighting is dim, the screen is reflective enough to where I can see my own reflection and I don't know why I hate it, but I do.

It looks really nice! That's something I struggled with on Switch at times. During loading screens or just parts where the lighting is dim, the screen is reflective enough to where I can see my own reflection and I don't know why I hate it, but I do.
I hate it too. It makes me feel like I'm disgusting or something. I always tilt my screen away from my reflection during loading screens.

I hate it too. It makes me feel like I'm disgusting or something. I always tilt my screen away from my reflection during loading screens.
At least I'm not alone on feeling like that lol, I be totes into a game and then BAM, my mug shows up. And it be in the most unflattering angles as well. Its just a pet peeve I guess~
I have to get one for my Switch now

At least I'm not alone on feeling like that lol, I be totes into a game and then BAM, my mug shows up. And it be in the most unflattering angles as well. Its just a pet peeve I guess~
I have to get one for my Switch now
It always is! You always have a double chin and/or can see up your nose. Yuuucky!

Back