Sleek Train Car
Cute Train Car
Floral Train Car
Yellow Caboose
Crystal Tree
Lost Star Fragment 004.MB
Tockoid
Froggy Snowman
My switch is a couple years old and I have only used the original joy cons it came with. I think the buttons are sticking and it's causing problems with game play. I'm going to try to clean them first(no cleaners just the toothpick/toothbrush/clean cloth method) but if that doesn't work i'll buy new ones. I'm not talking about joy con drift btw(been there done that nintendo fixed it) my issues are the a,b,x,y buttons. I have seen many(much cheaper) non nintendo joy cons but i know nothing about them. Do they work? Is there a chance they can damage the switch? Do yall have any recommendations for good ones if they exist? I'd rather not spend $80 on joy cons if i can avoid it. Thanks

I don't have any experience with unofficial joycons specifically because the only Switch controllers I have are official ones right now, but unofficial controllers won't damage your Switch. Some unofficial video game controllers are less good than the official ones, but some are actually better than official ones because they have more features or are just more comfortable to hold.

You could try the Hori Split Pad Pro Joycons. I've only ever had good experience with Hori controllers. Hori is a Japanese company that basically all they do is make unofficial video game controllers and accessories. It's still going to be nearly $50, but that's still less than $80.

I don't have any experience with unofficial joycons specifically because the only Switch controllers I have are official ones right now, but unofficial controllers won't damage your Switch. Some unofficial video game controllers are less good than the official ones, but some are actually better than official ones because they have more features or are just more comfortable to hold.

You could try the Hori Split Pad Pro Joycons. I've only ever had good experience with Hori controllers. Hori is a Japanese company that basically all they do is make unofficial video game controllers and accessories. It's still going to be nearly $50, but that's still less than $80.
tysm i will keep that in mind.

I might just have had bad luck, but my experience with third party controllers was that joy-con drift occurred much sooner—once within a month, the other within 100hrs of play—leading to them needing to be replaced more often. I personally only buy the official ones now.

Back