Covered in bees
Bells
Switch
6631-3882-4998
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
I wasn't sure where to post this, but I'm having a minor issue with my Joy Cons (ACNH special edition). They're fine when they're directly connected to the console itself, but when I'm playing on the TV with the Joy Cons connected wirelessly, I run into some troubles (again, very minor, but I thought I would ask if this were typical Joy Con behavior).

Sometimes in the middle of playing, suddenly, they stop working and 'reboot' (typically about 5 seconds). Sometimes my character in ACNH will move a little further than intended or I will scroll down a list of items a bit further than intended. I'm unsure if this is Joy Con drift as I have never experienced that before - but it only happens when they are connected wirelessly. I experience no connectivity and movement issues when they are physically connected to the console.

If it is a sign of my Joy Cons failing (it is typically only one - the right one), I would much rather buy new Joy Cons than send anything out to Nintendo. Thank you in advance for any insight you may have into this problem.

from the sounds of it you aren't experiencing Joycon drift. If they were drifting it wouldn't matter if you were playing with them connected or separately. Mine drifted exactly the same no matter how I was using them before I sent them in to be fixed. Drifting is also more like the stick is being pushed a certain way when you aren't even touching it or like it's being pushed a different way than intended. Often resulting in a character walking a certain direction or menu scrolling continuously without even touching anything.

It definitely sounds like you have having a connection problem with the right joycon. Unfortunately, I don't believe you can buy the ACNH joycons on their own so if you do buy new ones you'd have to get different ones. I know Nintendo repaired mine free of charge but it was for drift not connectivity.

This sounds like the issue that you're having! There's a few ways to troubleshoot this issue but if none of them help you would need to send them in for a repair or you would need to buy new ones. ;; v ;;

I don't know if I'm in any way correct, but I'm guessing you moving/scrolling a bit further than intended could be some sort if lag due to wireless connection? I connected my switch to my TV a few times in the past and noticed my game would fall a few fractions of a second behind my button inputs, so I'd end up overshooting sometimes. It definitely sounds minor but it bothered me so much that I just play ACNH in handheld mode nowadays. :0

Back