• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Unused data in the Welcome Amiibo update

man i don't know how i feel about this. id love to see more updates because i like the ds games and i really dont wanna have to buy a switch to play the new game if they make one. a a a

This is my feel. I'm cheap, rip. I would love it if they continued updating this game!!

I call a new series of Welcome Amiibo cards: 50 new. And they are as follows alphabetically:

Ace, Aisle, Analogue, Belle, Bezvrin, Bow, Carmen, Carrot, Champ, Chico, Chuck, Cupcake, Dozer, Emerald, Faith, Flash, Fruity, Hambo, Hank, Huggy, Iggy, Jubei, Kit, Leigh, Megan, (Megumi) Meow, Nindori, Nosegay, Mel, (Patricia) Penny, Petunia, (Rhino) Pierre, Mike, (Poko) Quetzal, Rhoda, Rio, Rollo, Shark, Sunny, Sven, Tarou, Twirp, Valise, Weldon, (Verdun) Woolio, and Zoe.

I want Tarou, but not if they turn him cranky. It makes me so mad that they ruined Dobie. "Oh, no! We can't have a unique male wolf!" :mad:

Well there is no proof of these claims. If their textures were found in the game's unused data, then it shouldn't be too difficult to extract the textures or post the code online. Also, the Champ icon was created by the uploader and not actually pulled from the game.

I call a new series of Welcome Amiibo cards: 50 new. And they are as follows alphabetically:

Ace, Aisle, Analogue, Belle, Bezvrin, Bow, Carmen, Carrot, Champ, Chico, Chuck, Cupcake, Dozer, Emerald, Faith, Flash, Fruity, Hambo, Hank, Huggy, Iggy, Jubei, Kit, Leigh, Megan, (Megumi) Meow, Nindori, Nosegay, Mel, (Patricia) Penny, Petunia, (Rhino) Pierre, Mike, (Poko) Quetzal, Rhoda, Rio, Rollo, Shark, Sunny, Sven, Tarou, Twirp, Valise, Weldon, (Verdun) Woolio, and Zoe.

A good guess huh?

I agree with almost all of them such as Woolio, but I really disagree with bringing Penny back. Who would want them to bring back the creepiest looking mouse?

A good guess huh?

I made my own listing for a new series, haha.

Ace, Aisle, Analogue, Aziz, Belle, Bessie, Betty, Bow, Carrot, Champ, Champagne, Chico, Chuck, Clara, Cupcake, Dozer, Emerald, Faith, Flash, Flossie, Hambo, Hank, Iggy, Jane, Joe, Jubei, Koharu, Leigh, Liz, Lulu (Hippo), Madam Rosa, Megumi, Meow, Nindori, Nosegay, Otis, Oxford, Pierre, Pironkon, Rhoda, Rollo, Sue E, Sven, Tiara, Twirp, Valise, Verdun, Woolio, Yodel, and Zoe

I made this list weeks ago, so it doesn't have Masa or Fruity on it.

man i don't know how i feel about this. id love to see more updates because i like the ds games and i really dont wanna have to buy a switch to play the new game if they make one. a a a

agreed but i really would like to see a whole new game but idk how expensive the switch will be quq

I read somewhere that there was data in HHD for some of the Welcome Amiibo villagers, but they were actually removed? Forget which villagers I saw that for...think it was on the AC Wikia though.

I would love a second amiibo update for some that DIDN'T get brought back (looking at you, Woolio). I wish Nintendo had let some people vote/suggest which ones they'd like to see again (unless they did, and I missed out...was this whole thing a secret, or did try creating some hype about the update?).

tumblr_og77mwUdBr1sojdvio1_400.jpg

We have yet to get this Hamster in the game. Apparently a hacker got his hands on this hamster in his town.

He's not unused, he's an amiibo villager accessible in the game
Actually he's a special villager only accessible by downloading him from the campground. He seems to be Japan only due to him only being mentioned in the Japanese Nintendo Direct. Much like how Europe's and Japan's mentions the Sanrio villagers but the USA/Canada's didn't. Sadly he's not a full villager and can't be added to your town. He has a special RV and you can order his Fueki Set. He also doesn't have a picture due to him not being a full villager.

A good guess huh?

Half of me really wants this to happen to more of the missing villagers (Twirrrrrrp!!) but the other half of me thinks NO MORE CARDS PLEASE.

So the guy did post textures of Pirokon/Shark on the wikia. Again, not sure if legit or not. Has his pic and the shirt he would have worn (BB shirt)

I'm just beginning to question the legitmacy because he renamed Bezvrin to "Bernard".

He also labeled Nindori the ostrich as another unused texture.

I know it doesn't mean much in the long run... but all of the unused villagers in HHD eventually were used in the New Leaf update. Even if these unused villagers in Welcome Amiibo remain unused, they could be in the next big Animal Crossing game.

Last edited:
So the guy did post textures of Pirokon/Shark on the wikia. Again, not sure if legit or not. Has his pic and the shirt he would have worn (BB shirt)

I'm just beginning to question the legitmacy because he renamed Bezvrin to "Bernard".

He also labeled Nindori the ostrich as another unused texture.

I know it doesn't mean much in the long run... but all of the unused villagers in HHD eventually were used in the New Leaf update. Even if these unused villagers in Welcome Amiibo remain unused, they could be in the next big Animal Crossing game.

Meh, i think they're fake

I think the Picture just gives it away. Looks too similar to his original AFe+ pic.

That being said, I've not seen the WA's pictures, so i don't know if they do use their original sprites. Regardless, it's a little low-quality.

I made my own listing for a new series, haha.

Ace, Aisle, Analogue, Aziz, Belle, Bessie, Betty, Bow, Carrot, Champ, Champagne, Chico, Chuck, Clara, Cupcake, Dozer, Emerald, Faith, Flash, Flossie, Hambo, Hank, Iggy, Jane, Joe, Jubei, Koharu, Leigh, Liz, Lulu (Hippo), Madam Rosa, Megumi, Meow, Nindori, Nosegay, Otis, Oxford, Pierre, Pironkon, Rhoda, Rollo,
Sue E, Sven, Tiara, Twirp, Valise, Verdun, Woolio, Yodel, and Zoe

I made this list weeks ago, so it doesn't have Masa or Fruity on it.

Now this is more like it.

Last edited:
Meh, i think they're fake

I think the Picture just gives it away. Looks too similar to his original AFe+ pic.

That being said, I've not seen the WA's pictures, so i don't know if they do use their original sprites. Regardless, it's a little low-quality.

Yeah, it does look kinda bad. I mean, some pics do resemble the original renders, but not all of them. I know Sprocket's doesn't.

EDIT: Debunked I think. https://jinglefruit.tumblr.com/post/154852207441/since-you-seem-to-be-a-pretty-good-hacker-texture

Last edited:
Back