• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Unlocking everything?

SarahsNY

Amateur Artist
Bells
The Bell Tree Fair 2022 Patch
New Horizons Token
Pear (Fruit)
Mint
Pear (Fruit)
う
Hey everyone, so I recently got HHD for like $10. I already knew I wouldn?t really like the game (why I waited so long to get it) and while it was fun at first it got boring fast.
That?s alright though, because I mostly bought it with the intention of using it to plan out homes I?d recreate in NL. I figured having an unlimited sandbox would really get my creative juices flowing and help me figure out what I need without wasting bells and storage space.

The only problem is, everything?s locked!
Do I really have to go through all of the animals to get everything, or is there a sandbox mode or something? :(

Unfortunately, you’re going to have to unlock everything. It’s annoying. I use HHD for the same reason as you, to plan out future rooms for NL.

What I did was everytime a new villager appeared with a request, I’d make their house with the bare minimum requirements just to unlock their items. So their house would have like 3 items lol. Then, once everything is unlocked, I’d go back to decorate. It’s a bit tedious though. But I did find that I had more fun decorating the houses after I had more sets unlocked anyways.

Thank you very much, yeah unfortunately I guess that’s what I’ll have to do.

Unfortunately, you’re going to have to unlock everything. It’s annoying. I use HHD for the same reason as you, to plan out future rooms for NL.

What I did was everytime a new villager appeared with a request, I’d make their house with the bare minimum requirements just to unlock their items. So their house would have like 3 items lol. Then, once everything is unlocked, I’d go back to decorate. It’s a bit tedious though. But I did find that I had more fun decorating the houses after I had more sets unlocked anyways.

and here i am 3 years later thinking i needed to fully deck out their homes...guess i know what i'm doing eventually (i think i only have 80 unlocked or something like that)

Back