• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Uncertainty Mafia | Concept (Read OP)

What do you think?

• Total voters
This is better then what I was thinking and shall use this if that's alright with you. My only concern now is how to properly lower the role amounts if I don't reach 15 threshold, does a framer role properly balance out the 2 jack of trades (i probably would only allow them to submit one night action instead of points) and if i do switch it up, would that make them weaker compared to town. I feel like town has a better advantage, even without the twist.
you can always reduce the amount of PRs you have. if you only get like 12 then 3 scum with a seeker framer and goon would work still. you could also reduce it to 1 jack or 1 town seeker

yea town could make the advantage so you can always throw in an unaware miller there to mess with the jack more. numbers wise it should be fair but you could make it so only the seeker is unaware who their partners are and have the find them while the other 2/3 scum have their own chat and also don’t know who the seeker is

i would also just lock nights to prevent public discussion which could harm scum

I'll take a gander at this in the next day or two.

Right off the bat though I know this is going to be hard to sort out if role-weighted points are in play.

I'll take a gander at this in the next day or two.

Right off the bat though I know this is going to be hard to sort out if role-weighted points are in play.
Look at what Daniel suggested, I'm thinking about changing it to that

Will do. I'm brain-melted atm but I'll have some free time at work later.

It just looks too complicated. I’m sure it might make more sense in practice, but this really just seems like a PM game with extra steps.

It just looks too complicated. I’m sure it might make more sense in practice, but this really just seems like a PM game with extra steps.
I realized that, look at what Damniel suggested. I'm most likely going to change it to that.

Asked to specify in the comments, but I'd obs this one. I think the only games I'd want to join nowadays would be super-themed based off a tv show cartoon or video game or something. This kinda game seems pretty intense and I'm really just itching for a low stress game where I don't have to worry about confusing up the mechanics

Otherwise!! This game looks reallyyyy fun to watch all you smart people piece together. Good luck hosting this if it happens

Asked to specify in the comments, but I'd obs this one. I think the only games I'd want to join nowadays would be super-themed based off a tv show cartoon or video game or something. This kinda game seems pretty intense and I'm really just itching for a low stress game where I don't have to worry about confusing up the mechanics

Otherwise!! This game looks reallyyyy fun to watch all you smart people piece together. Good luck hosting this if it happens

Hi Jacob, have you watched Visionaries: KNights of Magical Lights?

/out sorry Antonio I want to take break and your games seem to difficult for my level of mafia. I will probably ruin it in someway.

If I missed this I'm sorry but what does chat infiltration involve? Being able to post or just being able to read? Quicktopic has a unique viewer counter that could reveal that you have been infiltrated.

Also even if scum were able to disguise their identity with a nickname how do you prevent an incredibly quick solve by PoEing scum out if who is being spoken about? Once they find chat with a town after this it solves the game kinda fast. The only real solution is that mafia has to...fake scumchatting and I'm not how it can be not broken.

The point of being scum is that you have the information and can fully discuss and organize as much of it as possible and having to be conscious about how many names you drop neuters that core facet of being mafia.

I think you have already axed it but Chaos God should never exist in anything at all because what's the point of playing if you have no win condition at all? I would probably just play like I was a VT I guess.

The combination of chat infiltration contributing to KP is something that could also slide balance in the wrong direction if you were to use traditional formula and there were 5 people in the chat at once and a frame works to mislynch someone the following day but also being able to frame would make it somewhat apparent who mafia are via voting and main thread matching an agenda discussed the previous night.
Post automatically merged:

Also when it comes to Daniel's suggested balance it's an improper ratio especially with prs taken into account.

Framer needs to do one thing or it's going to break any means if being able to be certain about much for town reading into it.

Maybe get rid of cops from the jack, I'd go as far as saying 2 trackers or two watchers depending on what you want the framer to do. Rather than two jacks.

Even then though I'm not sure how well I can vibe with the infiltration aspect regardless. It could be that I'm misreading something, I'm quite tired.

Last edited:
Back