• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Two Islands?

If I were to buy a UK version of ACNH (my switch is US) would I be able to have a second Island? Someone told me this once, but I've never had it confirmed or not in terms of someone actually having done it.

Anyone know?
Yes you would!...As long as you got a second Switch to go with it. Its one island per switch no matter how you cut it, but all consoles and games are region free. So even if you got a UK game you'll still be able to play it. But if you play it on the console you have now you'll only access your regular town thats already available to you now. You will need a second switch to have two towns, no exceptions, unfortunately.
I have a second town with a Japanese physical cart on a US switch lite, for reference.

I understand your point. But without having an access to saves, many players cheating anyway, for example buying in-game-money or other things for real money. Whoever wants to cheat, will find a way, but who don't want to cheat, will not do this.
As I can observe, there are so many time travellers - and still, using same save. In my opinion Nintendo is aware of this, and existence of cheats should not be a punishment for every single player.
Anyway, if someone is cheating, it's not my problem - if someone is TTing it's not my problem either, as everyone has own style of playing.
I still believe only reason is money - more consoles and more copies of AC people will buy, Nintendo become more rich.

Yeah, I agree.

I don't shame cheaters in AC. The way I see it, play how you enjoy, do what you want. I really only care about cheats when it's a competitive game. That said, someone who wants to WILL. But I guess I can understand after some of exploits that went on, what Nintendo would be cautious about stuff people can take advantage of.

Nah there's really no intent on Nintendo's part to try and make any single person buy more than one Switch. These companies don't really make profit on hardware. They call it the razor theory. Gillete doesn't make money selling you the razor handle (system). They lose money. They make money selling you the razors (games).

At launch Nintendo was reportedly spending around $257 to make each Switch. Now you might think that means 43 dollars profit per system but then you have to think about shipping costs and then the mark-up that the store puts on it which brings the price to 300. Nintendo probably doesn't take a loss but they don't really make money on hardware. They want you to buy two copies of a game more than they want you to buy two consoles for one cartridge.

I don't think so. I WISH they would let us have two. My biggest thing is that I don't share my Switch but I know a lot of families that do and it sucks that they get stuck with the same island. I've seen people section off their island into parts so that sharers can have their own space. My cousins share their Switch and one is way older; he actually does all the island rep stuff and won't let the younger one decorate the island at all.

Back