• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Troubles with tanning

So I've been following this guide: http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Tan and I'm still not tanning :( I'm not wearing any hats, wigs, glasses, or masks and I'm not holding an umbrella. I usually go to the island and try to tan from 1-4 and then I start catching bugs and stuff. I tan by just leaving the 3DS open while I'm doing other things (work, etc). Maybe I'm just not noticing the tan?

You won't see the tan until 6am the next day, it will also take a few days of tanning to get rather dark.

This is my character and she now matches my skin tone IRL, took a couple of days to get to this though:
tumblr_moymrggEBz1sx8aeuo1_400.jpg

As far as I remember, in AC:WW you just darkened one shade per day, so to get to the very darkest you would have to tan over consecutive days!

Dang... This would explain why I waited hours on end trying to become 100% tanned :( I never did achieve a tan on Wild World. Now I know why

Tanning acts extremely strangely. I accidentally got to a level 4 tan. (The thing with tanning only from July 16th or something is FALSE) I have been playing the game since the release in NA, June 9th obviously, and have never time traveled or visited a town that was at a later date. I never was outside for more than 3 hours at a time, I was bopping around, going to shops and stuff, so I was probably outside for half an hour to 45 minutes at most before going into buildings. I did leave my 3DS on sleep mode for several hours one day though and forgot about the game, while being outside with no hat, umbrella ect... Noticed a level one tan when i opened the system! Over the next few days it got one shade darker every day until it reached level 4. I think tans can start becoming noticeable without having to wait a day, because I was bopping around a bunch going in and out of buildings for 5+ minutes and noticed my skin changing tones.

There was this trick I used on CF where you had to be outside for around 15 minutes+ with no umbrella or hat and go into a building for around 5 minutes. I tried it out and got to a level 3 tan this way. I don't remember it very well or how long you had to be outside for each level, but I would give something like this a try. Just play normally, but make sure to go into buildings for several minutes at a time every half hour or so. I suggest going into the museum or somewhere where you can keep yourself occupied :p Please do not take my word for any of this information or trust it completely because not all of it will be true, as I cannot remember some of the examples I used very well...

Tanning acts extremely strangely. I accidentally got to a level 4 tan. (The thing with tanning only from July 16th or something is FALSE) I have been playing the game since the release in NA, June 9th obviously, and have never time traveled or visited a town that was at a later date. I never was outside for more than 3 hours at a time, I was bopping around, going to shops and stuff, so I was probably outside for half an hour to 45 minutes at most before going into buildings. I did leave my 3DS on sleep mode for several hours one day though and forgot about the game, while being outside with no hat, umbrella ect... Noticed a level one tan when i opened the system! Over the next few days it got one shade darker every day until it reached level 4. I think tans can start becoming noticeable without having to wait a day, because I was bopping around a bunch going in and out of buildings for 5+ minutes and noticed my skin changing tones.

There was this trick I used on CF where you had to be outside for around 15 minutes+ with no umbrella or hat and go into a building for around 5 minutes. I tried it out and got to a level 3 tan this way. I don't remember it very well or how long you had to be outside for each level, but I would give something like this a try. Just play normally, but make sure to go into buildings for several minutes at a time every half hour or so. I suggest going into the museum or somewhere where you can keep yourself occupied :p Please do not take my word for any of this information or trust it completely because not all of it will be true, as I cannot remember some of the examples I used very well...

Did you go to the island?

I have the opposite problem, getting rid of a tan...lol. I spent a few days at the island playing the games a lot to try get medals to buy the bushes, I forgot that not wearing a hat made you get a tan :p So now my character is really dark without even trying lol.

I don't know what the issue with tanning in this game is either. D:
I've tried time traveling, but only for about 3 consecutive days at the island. I'm about to try 7 days and see if that makes a difference, but I'm starting to get frustrated... If only they just let you choose a skin tone in this game! :(

if you wear any kinds of hats you won?t get tanned :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't know what the issue with tanning in this game is either. D:
I've tried time traveling, but only for about 3 consecutive days at the island. I'm about to try 7 days and see if that makes a difference, but I'm starting to get frustrated... If only they just let you choose a skin tone in this game! :(

don?t wear hats :)

I've been trying to tan and I only wear a wetsuit on the island for hours..haven't seen any major results -___-

Back