• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Tortimer island - Still there or gone for good?

Pellie

Bells
Switch
6460-9283-1140
Anyone else wondering if Tortimer and his own island still exist in New Horizons? If you ask me,
it would make sense if the island would be still available in the new game, not because of the
option to make quick lots of money there (even if this is nice *cough*) but because of the
idea of living now on a island too and being able to travel to other islands around the area,
meeting the owners of these islands, where one of them is in fact our dear Tortimer, who's
island is maybe now even bigger than in New Leaf. Tortimer could be then like 'Oh, so you
got your own island too? Guess we are island neighbors now!'.

Besides, imagine how mini-games would be now with 8 players. And what kind of new
opportunities there would be.

What do you think? Will it be still a thing or will it stay as a "New Leaf only" thing? And would
you actually like if Tortimer island is back?

i'd be okay if it came back! i enjoyed the minigames that you could play with friends. even if it doesnt come back, if that feature comes back in some way i'll still be content

I like the concept of Tortimer Island, I just think it could be expanded and executed a little better. Since the game is Island-based, I wouldn't be suprised if it returned. I just hope theres more to do.

Personally I think it will stay as a New Leaf only thing. Together with the whole you're-the-mayor thing, those were the two key features for New Leaf.
I'd rather have new features (like the crafting!) instead of a rehash so New Horizons can have its own identity.

Not sure if they will have this or not.

I do see them as having SOMETHING for us to visit off-island. Either it will be another island or a sort of "mainland", I bet. Animal Crossing has had the ability to visit other places (outside of others' towns) for a long time. It would be weird if they didn't have anything.

since the main place already is an island i think they might not have another island to go to but idk. i hope we get something similar or at least somewhere to go or some easy way to earn money all year round. it is fun to have all the mini games and i hope they will have something similar to it at least.

I love Tortimer Island! I loved the tours, they were so fun, especially when you played them with friends! I sure hope they keep it for NH :)

Last edited:
I really hope something similar comes back, where we can play mini-games with friends or even randoms again.

Well, I'm hoping we get something similar. Just something to "escape" to even though the island that we are put on technically already is.
It was always fun going to Tortimer Island to catch rare bugs & sharks at certain times.

Maybe there could be multiple Tortimer-like islands this time around?

On one hand, it would fit the theme of the game perfectly but on the other hand why would I want to go from one island to another, especially in the summer time?

I'm hoping for something similar and hopefully tours will return.

since planes will clearly play a part in this game i definitely see the island returning in some fashion. besides, the island has made appearances in more than just new leaf! it would be a shame to see all those minigames and exclusive items go to waste.

I don't think there is gonna be an exact tortimer island, but i really really do hope for something similar. I loved talking to people around the world and it was so much fun. i met some cool people on the island and i hope they bring back the online esc minigame area. im pretty sure they will but i never know

There's absolutely no way they don't have an area with tour mini-games and other online activities again after confirming 8 player online, although it might not take the same form of Tortimer Island. What the hell else are we gonna do in a town with 8 people haha.

since we're already on an island

now it becomes tortimerland

a mainland theme park with various attractions and activities and a prize center

Last edited:
its obviously gonna come back , considering the fact that way more people can play together online , its possible that tortimer island will get expanded

Back