Tomodachi Life General Discussion

I'm so glad I didn't buy this game. I had serious doubts about whether I'd like it or not and after playing the demo, said doubts got confirmed. This simply isn't a game for me. But that's okay!

But it does sadden me a little that so many people here were very excited about the game and there were a lot of posts and what not (which I enjoyed reading, actually!) and now...

A friend of mine is considering getting a 3DS and this game is on her list of games she'd like to have, but I guess I'll tell her to try and get it second-hand rather than buying it new (thing is she's kinda been hinting that her birthday is coming up soon and given that I don't have a present yet... *facepalm*).

I'm so glad I didn't buy this game. I had serious doubts about whether I'd like it or not and after playing the demo, said doubts got confirmed. This simply isn't a game for me. But that's okay!

But it does sadden me a little that so many people here were very excited about the game and there were a lot of posts and what not (which I enjoyed reading, actually!) and now...

A friend of mine is considering getting a 3DS and this game is on her list of games she'd like to have, but I guess I'll tell her to try and get it second-hand rather than buying it new (thing is she's kinda been hinting that her birthday is coming up soon and given that I don't have a present yet... *facepalm*).

The thing is, I had doubts too. But even if I had played the demo first, I would have still got it. The demo is short, and reflects an hour of gameplay. I was happy in my first hour of playing TL. I was happy with it for about a month. So I suppose it isn't too bad for a month of entertainment. That's why a discounted copy would definitely be better too.

But the disappointment comes once that month is over and you realize...hmmm, now what? My only big complaint, and what they could fix if there's a sequel, is that it needs MUCH more content.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Personally I'm not expected a sequel anytime soon, they'd have to come up with a way to make it drastically different that adds playtime and sets itself apart from the current game. Same-sex marriage would be a starting point I suppose, but after that what? Short films starring your Miis?

Being able to trade online, or visit other people's islands via wi-fi, customizing the island, etc...those things would definitely help. As well as just some more content with the islanders themselves. It's way too one-dimensional right now.

I played the demo and it's kinda cute, but it seems like the kind of game I'd play for like 10 minutes and then never play again. So it's definitely not worth $35 for me. I also can't be in a relationship/get married in it either so yeah.

Personally I'm not expected a sequel anytime soon, they'd have to come up with a way to make it drastically different that adds playtime and sets itself apart from the current game. Same-sex marriage would be a starting point I suppose, but after that what? Short films starring your Miis?

Turn it into Sims ft. Miis and they'll have a hit.

After some behind-the-scenes shenanigans, I successfully turned me, Soul, and Maka into adults. Why?

1. My love prospects sucked utter balls and I'm close enough to being an adult anyway.

2. Soul and Maka wanted to get married and I didn't want to wait.

At least I'm able to use Age-O-Matics for something. In other news, I've added Lilo (Lilo and Stitch), Gene Simmons, and Reid (Criminal Minds) to my island. I've also added multiple Dangan Ronpa characters (Sonia, Hagakure, Fukawa, Sakura, Hinata, Celes, Nanami, Naegi, and Togami). Also, I gave Togami a jail cell room and he hates it. Suck it up, Togami. That's what you get for being a douche.

(Either that or it can be Fukawa and Genocider's little sex dungeon for him. XD)

Last edited:
Me and Reggie had our second baby! It's a boy! I can't wait to see how he grows up as!

After some behind-the-scenes shenanigans, I successfully turned me, Soul, and Maka into adults. Why?

1. My love prospects sucked utter balls and I'm close enough to being an adult anyway.

2. Soul and Maka wanted to get married and I didn't want to wait.

At least I'm able to use Age-O-Matics for something. In other news, I've added Lilo (Lilo and Stitch), Gene Simmons, and Reid (Criminal Minds) to my island. I've also added multiple Dangan Ronpa characters (Sonia, Hagakure, Fukawa, Sakura, Hinata, Celes, Nanami, Naegi, and Togami). Also, I gave Togami a jail cell room and he hates it. Suck it up, Togami. That's what you get for being a douche.

(Either that or it can be Fukawa and Genocider's little sex dungeon for him. XD)

Kids can get married in this game.

Btw, I sold my copy and I'm using the money to buy manga. Just FYI.

You did explain. I was pointing out that doing so was irrelevant because kids have relationships and get married in this Tomodachi Life. Long story, there was really no reason for you to change their ages, except for, like, peace of mind or whatever.

Oh, okay.

Love is in the air on Wawanakwa Island! Two new couples: Fukawa and Kaoru (yeah, I dunno) and Italy and me! Apparently my mii has way better luck in the romance department when compared to me.

I just got it Tuesday! It's been a blast!
I have a Fox Mii on mine, and I got him the space station interior (through a mystery bag):
He loved it!
HNI_0079.jpg
Later, I found him just soaking it in XD
HNI_0081.jpg

Does anyone know what happens to special foods once you give it a mii? Is it gone forever or is it reorderable?

Back