• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Today I Learned: New Horizons Edition

Unless I'm wrong, I learned that the fruit beetle did NOT make a return in New Horizons. I'm a little surprised by it to be honest.
It did and it didn't.
In the original animal crossing there was no fruit beetle but there was the drone beetle. The drone beetle was almost 100% identical. It was slightly thinner and showed up 1 month less.

In the games following the original, there was no drone beetle but they added the fruit beetle.

In new horizons there is no fruit beetle but the drone beetle came back.

Drone_beetle_nh.png

Fruit_beetle_encyclopedia_%28New_Leaf%29.jpg

Pretty much the same bug.

Last edited:
It seems obvious to me now, but I just found out you can cheat the nook mile tasks to sell fruit by buying it from the cabinet in nooks and then just selling it straight back to them.

No more do I have to ruin my fruit trees

I learned that the sea cucumber has a similar bubble pattern to the scallop, ugh. Why do I have 10 sea cucumber before 1 scallop?

Today I learned that if the Bug Off is on Saturday, and the August fireworks are on Sunday, K.K. Slider will have his concert on the following Monday. I'm glad he doesn't just skip the week, since I'm working on that K.K. concert stamp. ^o^;>

I just learned that if you go to your DIY App on your nookphone it gives an indication of the item you are crafting is in your storage or pockets.

I learned that you can't push the villagers when they're watching the fireworks. I don't mean when they're walking around, it's when they're standing and looking up at the sky just prior to doing their usual reactions (clapping, yelling), they just wouldn't budge.

A couple of them were standing & blocking the exits to the plaza and I had to go the long way around to get out lol.

I learned that if you try to have 8 villagers living on your island, but you get a random visit on the campsite you convince them to move in but the problem is that they won't move unless you put down a new home plot for them. So when you put down a plot, you go back and talk to them and then they can move in. Man this game is so restrictive not letting you have less than 10 villagers.

Today I learned there’s different bubble patterns!

Me too, I just started typing the same thing before noticing you said it first!
I knew some creatures moved faster, slower, or didn't move at all... but I never knew that the bubble pattern had any significance!

That more than one villager can be in the museum at one time. Deirdre was checking out the dinosaur fossils and then Fauna was right next door behind the evolution cut outs! Very cool, didn’t know it was possible

I learned that Halloween season stokes my decor creativity far more than any time of the year.

I also learned that if you have a 2nd user on your island and you wanted to update your dream again, even though you updated it as your main character you can switch to the 2nd user and they can update the island for you. I just learned about this updating my dream for the 2nd island.

Back