• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Tips for giant wantlist?

vhdekker

Bells
I have a huge list of items that I want(both orderables and unorderables).
What's the best way to buy them all?
One giant wantlist of all the items I want or smaller lists per category? (on moridb.com)
Or another way that I haven't mentioned?

If you really want the stuff that badly I would post a link to your list in Re-Tail and keep checking that board to see if anything you want comes up.

If you really want the stuff that badly I would post a link to your list in Re-Tail and keep checking that board to see if anything you want comes up.

Yes, I'm going to do that. But should I make 1 list on moridb with all items or multiple lists per category?

Yes, I'm going to do that. But should I make 1 list on moridb with all items or multiple lists per category?

Depends on how much stuff you want. It makes it easier for people to help you out if you have all of the information in one place, so you could possibly get away with one huge list. Or do it by furniture sets.

Depends on how much stuff you want. It makes it easier for people to help you out if you have all of the information in one place, so you could possibly get away with one huge list. Or do it by furniture sets.

It's around 1000+ items

Maybe have a list of your wishlist on moridb and link to it in case people want pictures and also have them listed on your actual thread so each item is displayed there on one page cause tbh, I get lazy when people post a moridb link that is like, 10 pages long. xP

Maybe have a list of your wishlist on moridb and link to it in case people want pictures and also have them listed on your actual thread so each item is displayed there on one page cause tbh, I get lazy when people post a moridb link that is like, 10 pages long. xP

I get that, but manually listing about 1000+ items is a lot of work so I think i'll make separate lists. Do you prefer lists per category(furniture, accessoiries) or per set?

It's around 1000+ items

Welp, in that case maybe you should have separate categories. Like Corrie said, have smaller categories listed on the actual thread and have links to moridb for longer ones. You could also spoiler the categories like clothing and furniture on your thread.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I may also add, if you're worried about overwhelming people with your lists, maybe take a systematic approach and focus on certain things at a time. Maybe start with orderables, since they're usually easier to get, but still lurk for unorderables.

i'd seperate it between rare items (unorderables and such) and common items.
you can also seperate it by type of item. like one for furniture, one for clothing, one for plants, etc.

I'd separate it between orderables and unorderables, and then by category, and leave out the sets to list them separately on the thread. It'd shorten the lists, making them easier to read, and I think there's just a different sort of approach to selling someone items you have to order than to selling unorderables, especially with large orders, since with unorderables you can basically just deliver it right away, but with orderables you have to keep track of what you're getting, what you've already ordered, and then TT and everything.

It definitely helps to separate them into smaller categories since most sellers don't want to look through your 20+ page wishlist to see if they have what you want. As someone who does a lot of buying and selling on this site, I can tell you that it's much better to be looking through selling threads than to hope for sellers to come and look at your buying thread. I personally don't sell to people with huge wishlists very often because it's a pain to look through those massive lists and I assume the buyer doesn't want to pay that much for individual items if (s)he's looking for hundreds of items. Patience is the key with these things; no one is going to drop a truckload of items off at your town. Try to whittle it down as much as you can and then you can have more success with a buying thread.

Back