• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Tips for farming a specific villager? (edit: got raymond, no longer need to respond <3 ty all)

Kralkatorrik

~Mayor of Okayama~
Bells
Started getting back to playing ACNH after a burnout, still looking for raymond, are there any tips that'd help raise his chance of appearing?

edit: can't afford to just buy raymond, or i wouldn't be here lol, but ty for the kind suggestions!

edit 2: I GOT HIM! <3 ty for the suggestions guys!

Last edited:
Use the campsite method. There should be a google docs on how to. I used the method and easily got Judy!
I second this!! I'd recommend getting rid of any smugs if you have one just to raise the chances (amiibo cards rly help with this if you have any!). I got all of my villagers with campsite cycling and it's my main method now.

You can camp method, it's the best solution but it takes really long, for me it took 10 hours on my old save.

Island hopping is expensive and not the most reliable tbh so your best bet is trading for them or camp method

I second this!! I'd recommend getting rid of any smugs if you have one just to raise the chances (amiibo cards rly help with this if you have any!). I got all of my villagers with campsite cycling and it's my main method now.
Thank you! this was my method when i tried last time (a week straight for abt 4 hours each day ;w; ) , but i didnt want to get rid of marshal at the time -w-, but now i have access to his amiibo so ill try that!
Post automatically merged:

Use the campsite method. There should be a google docs on how to. I used the method and easily got Judy!
Thank you! this was my method when i tried last time (a week straight for abt 4 hours each day ;w; ) , but i didnt want to get rid of marshal at the time -w-, but now i have access to his amiibo so ill try that!

My tip would be the game knows who you want, so prepare yourself for a long (but crazy rewarding) hunt if you're going to do island hops! I also recommend the campsite method if you're looking for a cheaper and quicker way to find a villager though, or even buying him is a good alternative now as he's really gone down in price :)

if you have tbt, you can use it to buy Raymond off of a cycling service in the New Neighbor network forum. Raymond is pretty popular, so he might cost a lot. However, it’s a guaranteed method. You can also use the campsite method, and there’s a video by TagbackTV about how to get the campsite villager you want.

Honestly, the most reliable method is to outright purchase Raymond. While I've heard good things about the campsite method, it can take a long time. Personally, I'm not willing to put in that time when I can purchase him for TBT/NMT!

My best tip would be to exchange your TBT for NMT and look for Raymond on places like some of the Animal Crossing discords or on Nookazon. As much as I love this forum, the villager trading sub-forum can be rather slow in comparison to those other sites - and there's no guarantee that a seller will be selling Raymond and accept your offer when you're online. If time is a consideration for you, looking elsewhere is definitely the best route to take.

The campsite trick is tedious and a painful process, it’s good to keep it in mind as an option but personally I find the best ways to find a villager are to buy it one from another user provided that they are original/ungifted or to go island hopping (if your not being too specific) which can be a lot of fun and earn you materials, diys, bamboo, bells etc on the way. It really depends on your villager preferences! I have a stash of amiibos if you need any help getting started!

nintendos patented desire sensors (tm) know to not give you want you want, haha.

I'd campsite reset for him. I went I think 15 campers without seeing Raymond, and after I gave up on him, found him on a mystery island. My friend found him in 7, so it's all up to luck.

good luck though!

While island hopping is my personal favorite method, the campsite method and adopting from someone else are WAY more reliable.

The campsite method was very kind to me. When Diva finally moved out, I didn't have any sisterly villagers. So this was my first chance at trying the campsite method.
The very first campsite visitor after Diva moved out was Reneigh. The one I wanted the most.
Granted, sisterly has the least amount of villagers out of the personalities. But I was really shocked and excited. I thought it would take me weeks, months, etc. to find Reneigh since I don't time travel.

campsite method is prob the best way to go. i’m pretty sure the odds are better than normal villager hunting on mystery islands. at least i think so? i’m too lazy to actually look into it lol

campsite method is prob the best way to go. i’m pretty sure the odds are better than normal villager hunting on mystery islands. at least i think so? i’m too lazy to actually look into it lol
I actually got him last night, ty for responding though lol
Post automatically merged:

ty all for the suggestions, i got him last night at around 2am <3

As I do NMT island hunt. I realized that most of the time what I wear is what color of villagers I will see at the island hop.

For example ,

I will wear all pink attire, yes even my hair is pink. Most of the time I will get pink villagers in the island such as Flora, Marina, and Cookie as the guess in the island. It is only 50/50 ... so the trend will be like Marina , Cookie, Roscoe, Fauna, Bettina, Flora, then Marina , Marshal, Rod etc. until I will get Judy as my villager .

In short wear something similar Raymond skin tone . So all gray?

Call me crazy but that’s how I get all my 8 villagers That has no amiibo. It took me at least 30 NMT tries each.
It’s worth a shot . IMO

Back