• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Time travelling question...

~jennybean~

Potato
Bells
I was just wondering what the better way to TT is, whether by changing the time in-game, or on my DS system? Or does it not matter? ^^;

system is more ideal in my opinion, if you forget the last date you used you can check your game log to see the last day you played.

i guess it depends on what you're doing. i usually use the in-game clock because it's easier, but if you're plot resetting you need to use the system clock. i'd also use the system clock if you're doing big jumps in time or taking a break or smth. i guess it's more preference or what you're trying to do.

I personally use the system clock, for the longest time i didn't even know that changing the in-game clock was a thing.

The big draw-back to using the system clock though is that if you play other games with daily events you may get locked out of doing some things until you leave the clock alone for a day or two.

I really don't have any experience with the in-game clock except for one time and it was a bad one. It's most likely my own fault though.
I was holding a friend's dreamie for a couple weeks using the system clock, then one day they said they could get the villager and i was too lazy to use the system clock so I tried to use the in-game clock to put time back before the villager's move-out date again, but they ended up being gone.

I use the in-game clock to time travel. The system clock would mess up the time of my other games too much (pokemon for example).

I would highly recommend time traveling by using the in-game clock rather than messing with the system clock. If you play any other games that have daily events like Pokemon then, like Cryptade said, you are unable to do them for 24 hours. I guess that's sort of an anti-cheating measure. Meanwhile, changing the in-game clock in New Leaf has no effect on any other games, so you have nothing to worry about.

I'm a big time traveler but the only time I ever mess with the 3DS clock is to adjust for Daylight Savings Time changes twice a year. If you want to keep track of your last play date and time you can write it down or make a file on your computer that you can update.

i guess it depends on what you're doing. i usually use the in-game clock because it's easier, but if you're plot resetting you need to use the system clock. i'd also use the system clock if you're doing big jumps in time or taking a break or smth. i guess it's more preference or what you're trying to do.

I would highly recommend time traveling by using the in-game clock rather than messing with the system clock. If you play any other games that have daily events like Pokemon then, like Cryptade said, you are unable to do them for 24 hours. I guess that's sort of an anti-cheating measure. Meanwhile, changing the in-game clock in New Leaf has no effect on any other games, so you have nothing to worry about.

I'm a big time traveler but the only time I ever mess with the 3DS clock is to adjust for Daylight Savings Time changes twice a year. If you want to keep track of your last play date and time you can write it down or make a file on your computer that you can update.

Thanks guys! ^^ I just wanna travel back to October just to try and get the witch hat, as I have a witchy themed village / villagers :3
As that's only a couple months back, it should be fine to use in-game settings yeah?

Yes, traveling back to October with the in-game settings would work fine for that. Alternatively you might be able to find a shop in the Re-Tail section of the forums where someone might be willing to sell you one for in-game bells or TBT bells.

Back