• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Time Travel

moniquesx

Bells
How often does everyone do it? I've grown impatient with my town & I find myself doing it almost everyday! Wanting my projects to be finished as soon as I pay it off but I would never want to wait til the morning.. Does this effect my town in any way?

It has been rumored that you have less chance of finding Phineas in your town if you time travel - or that he will take longer to initially appear. :3 I hope that helps!

I time travel all the time and I don't believe it has much of an effect. I'm not sure if MitsuMarshmallow's theory is correct, although it may be. You could check it out. As for everything else, I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a negative effect, aside from some players accusing you of cheating. I've gotten that one a lot.

Joan said your turnips will rot if they experience any "time paradoxes".

Joan said your turnips will rot if they experience any "time paradoxes".

This means you can't travel back in time. However, it is perfectly fine to travel forward in time with turnips. I do it all the time. They don't spoil unless you spin the clock back.

I time travel all the time and I don't believe it has much of an effect. I'm not sure if MitsuMarshmallow's theory is correct, although it may be. You could check it out. As for everything else, I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a negative effect, aside from some players accusing you of cheating. I've gotten that one a lot.

See, I hate when people criticize Time Travellers. I honestly do not like Time Travelling, but I don't have a problem when others do it. I am not doing it in the first place, so it isn't my problem. It's just the way they like to play, and there shouldn't be a problem with that, but I guess for some people it is enough of a problem to criticize people, and raise trouble over, which kind of bothers me.

Anyway, turnips will rot, weeds will infest your town, and flowers will die if you DO NOT have the beautiful town ordinance, villagers may move away and move in (I think) possibly destroying areas of your town, which you may of had plans for community projects instead, you will get bed head, and I can't really think of anymore issues Time Travelling will cause.

I forward TT 2 or 3 days each day, and have done so since the game's release. I haven't had any of the rumored "negative effects" at all. Either most of them are simply rumors, or only effect games that TT months at a time.

Of course, TTing BACKWARDS is another story, and does have confirmed negative effects.
TTing backwards causes issues? Hmm, that is interesting. I used to time travel in city folk but I don't remember there being problems with going backwards. That was the main way to keep your date normal, but keep your progression in the game at full speed.

Last edited:
I forward TT 2 or 3 days each day, and have done so since the game's release. I haven't had any of the rumored "negative effects" at all. Either most of them are simply rumors, or only effect games that TT months at a time.

Of course, TTing BACKWARDS is another story, and does have confirmed negative effects.

I think that leaping forwards in time has consequences when done on a large scale and any negative affects would be small to nothing when done on a small scale of a few days forward.

The only ''downsides'' to time traveling are when you do it to skip larger amounts of time at once. This isn't actually a downside to time traveling at all but a general downside to the game itself. Time traveling is essentially just you not playing for whatever period of time you decided to skip. This is why weeds grow for example because it considers more days to have gone by; it's no different if you just didn't play the game for that same amount of time.

The only actual effect time traveling specifically has is rotting turnips. There are no other downsides to it in New Leaf whatsoever.

I'm a former time traveler. My town got disgusting after skipping to Merry's birthday(going forward a week from the 22nd of June) so I completely stopped.

Negative effects are rotting turnips, weeds, dying flowers, and you might not do what you were supposed to(ex. going backwards to finish a PWP) so it doesn't help.

I don't consider it cheating. If it was, Nintendo wouldn't make it so easy to "cheat".

It has been rumored that you have less chance of finding Phineas in your town if you time travel - or that he will take longer to initially appear. :3 I hope that helps!

I time travel A LOOOOTTTT and Phineas still visits my town a lot. Maybe I'm just lucky though? The only negative effect that I can think of is that turnips will go bad, and that if you don't have the beautiful town ordinance your flowers might die/you'll get a lot of weeds. Time traveling a lot without taking the time to talk to your villagers at least once a week might also result in villagers that you love moving out... :C

Monique! Don't. Do. It. Or you will keep time-travelling until you know... until it's too laaaate! @-@

I feel like they should almost add weird occurrences when you time travel. Not something that would ruin the game, but a good example is something like a mix breed bug that you wouldn't find normally if you played without altering the clock. I personally don't time travel, but it would be neat to see that being implemented.

Back