Thoughts on the Villagers trading scheme (it is a scheme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just don't try to censor people by saying their opinion is offensive, please.

Nobody's censoring you by stating their own opinion. With that kind of logic, people who trade/sell villagers could say that you're censoring them because you're shaming them for their activities.

Last edited:
I like to give away my villagers instead of selling, but before I decided upon this I was selling Kyle and someone offered 4mil. I said sure, why not? And they dropped 4k instead of the supposed 4mil. I instantly flipped the wi-fi switch. Who do these people think they are to just do that? I mean, if you didn't have the 4mil then fine, I would've let you have him for free but since you offered...don't decieve me!
This experience turned me around. I decided that I will give villagers away for free unless there's a fruit or something I need that they might be able to give. I just can't be bothered to be lied to and villagers shouldn't be like slaves, really. They're just pixels on a screen so give it all a break. I'm not sure what point I'm trying to make here, I just think it's stupid how seriously people take it and how crazy it gets out there.

Just don't try to censor people by saying their opinion is offensive, please.

It's not censoring; it's freedom of speech. You have to act like a jerk with a superiority complex, and people have a right to call you out for it.

Just because they disagree with you don't make their opinion any less valid.

There is a difference between stating one's opinion and name calling / qualifying someone as offensive. Please behave.

I have been following the Villager trading plaza for a while now because I first wanted to find a good home for Gruff that left my village. And then, this week, Jambette left my village without warning me first so I couldn't make her change her mind but, fortunately, I offered her on the Villager trading Plaza and she found someone that was more than eager to adopt her (which wasn't the case for Gruff). I also got Roald given to me by a very fine woman who was sad to see him go and wanted to make sure he would end up in a good village.

I have to say though that this plaza isn't without its quirks.

If you are looking for desperate people turning their New Leaf cartridges into villagers generators, here's the place. Every day of the week you can find people selling these villagers for ridiculous prices (anywhere between 1 and 50 million bells and even more). It gets even more ridiculous when you think that to get to these prices, people more than certainly will cheat (time travelling for starters and money duplicating tricks for the even less morally challenged). It feels like puppy mills...

• Julian
  • Ankha
  • Lucky
  • Merengue
  • Bob
  • Rosie
  • Fauna
  • Marshal
  • Stitches
  • Fang
  • Wolfgang
  • Marina
  • Octavian
  • Fuschia
  • Diana
  • Whitney

If you are looking for other villagers (because trophy villagers ain't your thing), well you are out of luck or you should just be there at the exact right time with someone that wants to give away these because they are worried of the characters continues existence (as I was). I don't advocate suppressing villager trading or selling. But think really hard before you give an animal to adoption or you are ready to pay millions of bells (virtual money for virtual characters). There is something broken in participating in this sort of behaviour.
This thread makes me laugh for several reasons
1. Its a game with fake villagers and money!
2. There is no rule saying you can't do that so I see it as OK for people to it!
3. I think the reason your mad is because you probably lost in a bid so you got peed off!
4. People can do what ever they like its their game and they are trying to create their happy place!
5. I'm not a duper but if people want to play their games like that I say let them!

If you do not like the way it works I suggest you find a new forum!

I never bid on a villager, rest assured. I never competed or paid for any villager.

If I have a different opinion than you, rest assured that is not a reason for me to ?go back in my country?.

I never bid on a villager, rest assured. I never competed or paid for any villager.

If I have a different opinion than you, rest assured that is not a reason for me to ?go back in my country?.

No one told you to "go back to your country." They suggested for you to find a new forum, since this practice that you dislike so much happens here all the time. If you morally object to trading and selling villagers and get upset enough to make a rant shaming those who participate, then this isn't the right forum for you.

Also i got all my wolves for free Whitney included!

And my opinion is that your comparison (not you yourself) is an offensive one, as is any other comparison between villager trading and real world injustices & cruelties. Being taken aback by someone calling your comparison offensive is not the same thing as censorship. I mean, unless a mod locks this topic just because they feel like it, you're not being censored. Besides, nobody's misbehaving here as far as I can see? People may not be sugarcoating their opinions, but misbehaving...? Disagreement is also not the same thing as misbehaving...

Also, I should point out that StormBlader did not tell you to go back to your country - (s)he suggested that you find a new message board to post in. Just pointing that out in case the country comment caused further offence.

Last edited:
All he was doing was stating how he feels,And people came in here all rude.
wait-wat.jpg

Okay, if you want to discuss the morality of villager trading, go ahead. But there is no debate that it's absolutely morally reprehensible to compare the trading of nonsentient pixels to the real world suffering of actual animals or humans. You are trivializing real pain when you make these comparisons. Stop.

I don't understand what the problem is here. Animal Crossing is a game with no real end point, so people make up their own goals. Don't criticize the way other people choose to play this game because you feel like it's morally reprehensible. They're just a bunch of pixels and data at the end of the day.

That's just like, your opinion man.

To the person who was almost duped in a villager trade, just one thing:
Ex. Freaking. Xactly.
Yesterday, I sold Bree. She's been with me since release day, and I've been trying to get rid of her since then. Yesterday, she packed up, and I offered her for a measly 250,000 on the board. At 5:30 PM, someone offered 250,000. After a series of events both baffling and frustrating, I found myself up at 12:30AM on a school night, still trying to get this other person into my village. When she came, I was at the beach because I was tired of waiting by the gate. She took Bree and left without paying. I felt the same way. I would have given her to you free if you had just asked. Honestly, in the time I wasted there, I could've MADE over 250,000 bells. So from now on, I'm giving away from the start.

On topic, do you realize the animals aren't real? They can't feel anything. They mind being sold literally as much as the turnips mind being sold. Would you shame Joan?

On topic, do you realize the animals aren't real? They can't feel anything. They mind being sold literally as much as the turnips mind being sold. Would you shame Joan?

While both are technically pixels, Animals vs. food is really different and probably shouldn't be referenced.
However, even though they are just pixels, people do bond with them and may care for them in such ways. They all are given personalities and thoughts and just like people having opinions on the "trading/selling/buying" of villagers, people have strong feelings on the villagers themselves as well and all opinions should be respected.

This thread is really getting out of hand just from some expressing opinions--and I'd like to point out that regardless of an opinion or not, you really shouldn't shame people for feeling a different way than you do so I will be closing this thread. Please just respect other people's feelings and if you don't want to see people selling/trading/buying villagers, you can always stick to the Giveaway Prefix instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back