Thoughts on Brexit (Britain leaving the EU)?

Should Britain leave the EU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd rather place safe with the 2nd most advanced country in Europe than throw it out into the sea on it's own.

Right now, I'm asking everyone I know who lives in the UK, if they're gonna be okay...

As someone that lives in England, I am absolutely livid. The leave voters were mostly older people. People who will only suffer the consequences of the Referendum for 20 or so years! I've got another 60, at the very least. Fingers crossed that leaving was a good idea... but I don't think it is.

Trump congratulated the UK for leaving the EU.

That says enough, doesn't it?

I follow artists from the UK, and they are freaking out. I feel bad for them.

The future is uncertain, the pound hit its lowest point in quite some time, and the careers that depended on UK staying as part of EU, well...

Good luck, everyone.

Trump's ideology won in the UK. We in the US can't forget this. We have to make sure we vote, those of us who can, even if the race is between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.

According to my mom, the United Kingdom being in the European Union was the same as Germany attacking it in World War II.

Last edited:
Seems Britain has voted to leave, judging by the % sky news was showing this morning. I don't take much notice of politics and such but i did watch it on Sky news for a while today and i have no idea what's gonna happen now the UK is out of the EU. Just gonna roll with it i guess and see what happens.

Not my fault if they're the cause of it, being white in Birmingham is just asking to be insulted.

Also would you like it if you see these people roaming through rubbish bags looking for things to sell? I certainly don't.

You seem very pretentious and uncaring of other people's economic situations

Who is going to succeed Cameron as prime minister? I heard it will be Boris Johnson.

Last edited:
I voted leave, I have no regrets. It might look bad now but it will get better.

Just wait until Ireland reunifies and Scotland leaves.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Who is going to succeed Cameron as prime minister? I heard it will be Boris Johnson.

Wonderful elect the nitwit with Trump's hairdo. At least it won't be the racist dumbass Nigel

You seem very pretentious and uncaring of other people's economic situations
Look, the people that come from other countries and actually do things for us are fine, but when you get the ones that come over here and do nothing for the country, that's stepping the line, economic situations or not.

Those are the ones I want out, I didn't specify them properly as that's what I've seen as "immigrants"

Last edited:
Look, the people that come from other countries and actually do things for us are fine, but when you get the ones that come over here and do nothing for the country, that's stepping the line, economic situations or not.

Those are the ones I want out, I didn't specify them properly as that's what I've seen as "immigrants"

Oh wow, there's plenty people here, who were born here that "do nothing for the country". Heck, I do nothing for the country. Should the people that were born here and do nothing leave too? I honestly don't get that statement, why does it really matter if they contribute or not?

Also, those people are going nowhere, regardless of what you want.

Guess I'll do what's best and keep my views to myself, sorry for being a party pooper ?\_(ツ)_/?

Just wait until Ireland reunifies and Scotland leaves.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wonderful elect the nitwit with Trump's hairdo. At least it won't be the racist dumbass Nigel

Pfff, do you really believe a country who though for their freedom for years would go back to Britain? Really?

i'm pretty upset. especially considering scotland as a majority voted to stay. don't wanna create any arguments but if this isn't a case for independence then i don't know what is.. i don't want to suffer the consequences we as a country didn't even want to make.

i'm not old enough to vote, but i've been very on the fence with the whole thing. the campaigns on both sides were nothing but scaremongering and i think who won really depended on whose campaign was most terrifying. the stay campaign's main argument was about the economy, which i believe doesn't really hold as much attention to the british public as the brexit's immigration arguments. on the one hand, i thought staying was a good idea because we do gain a lot from the european union, and there's nothing wrong with being in a union with other countries; despite having a small country, we do have a 'powerful' economy, but there's no point being a small island on our own accords. besides, since no one has ever left the european union before, it's still hard to say what the overall outcome would be so it's hard to make a decision based on consequence. on the other hand, we pay so much every week (?350m) to stay in the eu and the money could go towards other things such as healthcare. also, i don't think that we should turn down refugees or immigrants like the leave party seemed to be obsessed with, and the brexit campaign has the support of lots of controversial figures (Donald trump, nigel ferage, and i think putin?) which kind of indicates we're making a mistake somewhere. however i don't think our economy is going to deteriorate as predicted by david Cameron, and what has always annoyed me about the eu is that european law trumps british law. it doesn't allow us to create our own laws and it can be very restricting, however now the brexit campaign has won, it seems none of the leave campaigners know what to do with it. heck, they even backtracked on their 'putting the ?350 mil into the NHS' promise.

Last edited:
Back