Thought Bubble Over The Same Villager Again?

Ok so next episode... today the bubble did move to another villager :unsure: I'm glad but also more confused than ever lol
Still not the right villager though but that's another problem, I'll see who asks to move on Sunday (if I recall correctly, no one asks to move on Saturdays with KK ?)

No one had a bubble when KK was on my island. Not sure if that was just me or if it's a general thing tho!

Ok so next episode... today the bubble did move to another villager :unsure: I'm glad but also more confused than ever lol
Still not the right villager though but that's another problem, I'll see who asks to move on Sunday (if I recall correctly, no one asks to move on Saturdays with KK ?)
Did you ever get who you hoping for?

I'm currently having the same problem with Zucker.
Move out thought bubble for 3 consecutive days.
I definitely didn't let autosave happen. I waited for the autosave icon to roll on before talking to him specifically for that purpose.
I think I'll just opt to move his house and see what happens.

You are also right that villagers will not move out on Sat. since KK is visiting. Also, if there's a special event on your island, they will not move out either.

I finally TTed to get the move out thought bubble so I understand the mechanic a bit more now. It really is random and the friendship points is just a factor but not all that matters.

I spent a whole day trying to get a certain villager to move out testing how this works, and I found that the thought bubble victim seems to be chosen while loading up the game, eg. just after Isabelle's announcement. Once the thought bubble victim is chosen, the bubble stays on that villager all day.

If the chosen villager is inside their home or doing some activity, then you won't know they're the one with the thought bubble until they come outside. There's also a chance they have the bubble and just don't display it right away - though they usually do display it as soon as you start, but not always.

So your best bet is to start the day and quickly run around the town to see who has the bubble. If you find a villager who has it and it's not the villager you want to move - or you don't find any villager with the thought bubble at all because half of them are inside their homes or whatever - resetting the game immediately and then going back in - including listening to Isabelle's announcement all over again - will shift the bubble onto someone else immediately. The tricky part is you have to reset via the home screen before the game autosaves, which can be about 90 seconds after you've loaded up the day - I used the stopwatch on my phone. (If you're trying to do this you're best off starting at around midday when the crankies and uchis are out of bed)

If the game has saved after Isabelle's announcement, then the thought bubble will be locked onto the chosen villager for the whole day regardless of whether you saw it, when you saw it, and whether you responded to it or not. Resetting won't shift it after autosave. The next day it will shift, but whenever it shifts there is of course a one-in-nine chance it will shift back to the same villager.

This is based on my own experiments and I am not an expert by any stretch. So if anyone has any contradictory information, by all means consider that too!

You don't need to avoid talking to Anabelle even if she has the bubble. Just make sure you only talk to her when she isn't showing the bubble, and if you accidentally do talk to her and she asks to move, hit reset via the home screen. It's fine to talk to her while she's just walking around normally without any thought bubble, even if she did display one earlier in the day.

Last edited:
No one had a bubble when KK was on my island. Not sure if that was just me or if it's a general thing tho!
You're right. Villagers won't have a thought bubble whenever there is an event (KK slider, Bug-Off, Fishing, etc.) so I usually skip Saturdays when I TT for thought bubbles :)

Did you ever get who you hoping for?
Not yet, the bubble moved back to Antonio for 2 more days, so I finally told him not to move. That's the only way to make sure he won't ever have the bubble again until someone else moves out :cautious: but now I have to wait for 4-5 days for the cooldown...

I spent a whole day trying to get a certain villager to move out testing how this works, and I found that the thought bubble victim seems to be chosen while loading up the game, eg. just after Isabelle's announcement. Once the thought bubble victim is chosen, the bubble stays on that villager all day.

If the chosen villager is inside their home or doing some activity, then you won't know they're the one with the thought bubble until they come outside. There's also a chance they have the bubble and just don't display it right away - though they usually do display it as soon as you start, but not always.

So your best bet is to start the day and quickly run around the town to see who has the bubble. If you find a villager who has it and it's not the villager you want to move - or you don't find any villager with the thought bubble at all because half of them are inside their homes or whatever - resetting the game immediately and then going back in - including listening to Isabelle's announcement all over again - will shift the bubble onto someone else immediately. The tricky part is you have to reset via the home screen before the game autosaves, which can be about 90 seconds after you've loaded up the day - I used the stopwatch on my phone. (If you're trying to do this you're best off starting at around midday when the crankies and uchis are out of bed)

If the game has saved after Isabelle's announcement, then the thought bubble will be locked onto the chosen villager for the whole day regardless of whether you saw it, when you saw it, and whether you responded to it or not. Resetting won't shift it after autosave. The next day it will shift, but whenever it shifts there is of course a one-in-nine chance it will shift back to the same villager.

This is based on my own experiments and I am not an expert by any stretch. So if anyone has any contradictory information, by all means consider that too!

You don't need to avoid talking to Anabelle even if she has the bubble. Just make sure you only talk to her when she isn't showing the bubble, and if you accidentally do talk to her and she asks to move, hit reset via the home screen. It's fine to talk to her while she's just walking around normally without any thought bubble, even if she did display one earlier in the day.
My issue now is that the move-out thought bubble has been stuck on Zucker for 3 consecutive days.
I was hoping it would move to someone else the next day (or after 2 days at the very least) but 3 days...? Almost makes the cool down period more worth it.
I guess I'll have to see what happens tomorrow but having the same villager stuck with the move-out thought bubble especially when he's the one I most care about really stinks.

So, a little update on this. After the cooldown, the moving bubble was on Cookie for 2-3 days. So I told her to stay as well (and got frustrated because her birthday was announced right after that, making her unfit for moving... thanks cooldown of no use). The cooldown finished yesterday and guess what??? Yesterday and today, Antonio is wanting to move again ! (Kill me please)
Now I guess I just need to wait from day to day until it finally picks someone I agree with (4 possibilities out of 9... but not enough apparently)

Back