• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

this will be my second ever animal crossing game!! i'm excited!!

Charcolor

icon: mayor maker by kyoosh
Bells
Switch
4805-1672-6310
Yellow Lily
Yellow Violet
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Orange (Fruit)
(well, assuming nothing goes wrong and i can save enough money to buy myself a switch and the animal crossing game.)

it's probably not a big deal at all but this is really cool for me!! i was born in 2001 but i never played animal crossing until i got new leaf in december 2014. so i never got to experience the excitement of hearing about a new main series game.

one day i decided to find out how old these forums are. i went way back in the boards for each main series game, and i found threads from before the release of even wild world! the boards must've been called things like "animal crossing DS" and "animal crossing wii." i don't know if it's because i'm autistic or if i'm just weird but thinking about days when there were only 2-3 animal crossing games is nuts! especially since, in the case of wild world, i was only 4 years old! i just think it's really cool to be able to watch all these threads predicting features of the games and talking about what they want to see, and eventually seeing the board name change from "animal crossing for nintendo switch" to the actual name of the game! (unless they're using that as the name. which would be a real letdown. really breaking the pattern of cute subtitles.)

i wonder if little kids are gonna grow up with this game, or if older kids like me (well, i was 13 when i started, but i was still old enough to have been able to play city folk, which i never have) are gonna decide to start with this game. it's like all different generations of animal crossing! it's great! i can't wait to see where all this goes!!!

I've been playing since the day Wild World came out. never looked back, I am definetely buying a switch for this game!

Wild World was my first but it's still funny to me that I started playing when I was little and it's been such a constant thing in my life for like 12 years! And since you're on the forums for the lead up and release of the game you'll get to see the most active and fun time of the game being out. Before everyone knows everything and we're still finding little details makes it so fun. The anticipation for months before makes having the game on your hands so much better than discovering it after it's been released.

Everything you said is basically exactly how I feel about the games. Like the announcement is making me nostalgic for all the excitement for ACNL when the forums were super active and we were obsessing over every trailer for any new little detail or feature. It seemed so agonizing waiting last time but now I know how much better it makes actually playing the game.

This is my fourth after New Leaf, Wild World, and Population Growing(Gamecube). :p

I started with AC:GCN in 2008 and played all the games in order, but it's been a good 4 1/2 years since I got a new one, so this will be nice and refreshing.

I started with Wild World, then moved on to City Folk, New Leaf and back to GCN!
I think quite a number of people are going to be starting on this game. I already know a few people who have never touched an Animal Crossing game that are planning on picking it up, and I assume a lot more will considering the success of the switch! Hopefully some of them find their way onto this forum, the more the merrier! :p

I'm so happy to hear that!! I've been playing animal crossing since the gamecube and it always makes me so happy to know newer people are still finding and adoring the games!!

this is so cute, the release of a new game is always such an exciting time! i have played wild world, new leaf, and a little bit of city folk! it's really exciting to hear that new people are finding and falling in love with this series :')

New Horizons is also gonna be my second AC game! no, fourth game if you also count spin-offs

me too! i stumbled across a new leaf let's play on youtube and purchased a 3DS just for the game :D

Back