• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Things you dislike in HHD?

A small thing and others might not agree with me, but I think it would have been better if when we placed bugs outdoors that would set them loose and they would stay in the property limits.

Sure, you'd get people who want to fill a yard with tarantulas, but you know... lol.

One feature I thought of that might be neat would be the ability for us to design homes for friends based off of a theme they gave us. I'm not sure exactly how that'd work, but I think it'd be cute. You could set a theme and your friends could build a house for you based off of that theme and vice versa.
I thought about this the other day! My thinking was about hosting our own contests though- giving friends a theme and then picking a winner.

I also think that we should be able to delete clients from our clients list(or have a favorites list so we don't have to search for houses we want to redo sometime).

A small thing and others might not agree with me, but I think it would have been better if when we placed bugs outdoors that would set them loose and they would stay in the property limits.

Sure, you'd get people who want to fill a yard with tarantulas, but you know... lol.
I was actually hoping they'd do that! And if you live near a body of water you can place fish there

I don't like inviting villagers into homes and only being able to talk to the homeowner. Like if I invite someone over I WANT to interact with them :/

That would be really cool.
Sometimes I hide cicadas behind houses because I want it to sound more summery but I don't want cages out there. That would be a much more elegant solution.

it's really annoying how you can only rotate furniture once you set it down, so if you have a crowded room you sometimes have no choice but to temporarily trash some stuff just to have space to rotate something. It'd be so convenient if you could rotate something you're dragging around by pushing L or R.

I didn't realize you couldn't do this until earlier today. I chose a plot with 2 ponds and I wanted to put some fish in the pond so you could see some shadows, put a pond skater on it - that kind of thing. But it just acts like you're in a house and keeps them in the tank/cage. :( To have some bugs/fish roaming freely within the outdoors part of the plot would've been great.

If we could connect online and design together with friends, or even if we could have a small building contest if we wanted to with the host's set theme.

MAYBE! Even have a timed build contest... So technically,
I'm upset with the lack of multiplayer.

I think it is unfortunate that there is a list of so many things not added to this game.

Obvious things like having bugs and fish in ponds and butterflies floating around the plot.
Trees taking up four spaces and not allowing flowers to be planted beneath them.
Villager photos can NOT be hung on the walls? Ridiculous.
Insects still having ugly lids in boxes, unlike fish.

The villager houses should open up as much as our mansions in ACNL. Six rooms, or any size you want.
Still only allowing a maximum number of items. WHY. Why. Why...
We are homeless? Working for the villagers? What story is that?

There is no story. They couldn't come up with a story? And they couldn't even come up with a decent name for the town? And we can't name the town ourselves?
There is absolutely no inner workplace stories of Lottie, Lyle, Digby and our boss Tom Nook - who we never see? Except at the final moment at the fountain when you unlock all the public buildings?

And when you customize furniture, there isn't a cute image of Cyrus on the screen?
And when you want fossils etc. there isn't a cute image of Blathers on the screen?

There is no story.
All of the villagers are paper dolls to be photographed.

I bought the game. I purchased cards. I'm going to buy Amiibo Festival. And I am hopeful that the development team can have enough time and more importantly the passion to make an even better full Animal Crossing game.

I don't have many dislikes. I mean every game has it's limitations. I thought it would be quite nice to have your own home that you can go to at the end of the working day though, maybe just off the side to Main Street. It would be fun to decorate your own home with all the rooms that are available in New Leaf. Perhaps Nook could've once again been the animal to see.

I think it is unfortunate that there is a list of so many things not added to this game.

Obvious things like having bugs and fish in ponds and butterflies floating around the plot.
Trees taking up four spaces and not allowing flowers to be planted beneath them.
Villager photos can NOT be hung on the walls? Ridiculous.
Insects still having ugly lids in boxes, unlike fish.

The villager houses should open up as much as our mansions in ACNL. Six rooms, or any size you want.
Still only allowing a maximum number of items. WHY. Why. Why...
We are homeless? Working for the villagers? What story is that?

There is no story. They couldn't come up with a story? And they couldn't even come up with a decent name for the town? And we can't name the town ourselves?
There is absolutely no inner workplace stories of Lottie, Lyle, Digby and our boss Tom Nook - who we never see? Except at the final moment at the fountain when you unlock all the public buildings?

And when you customize furniture, there isn't a cute image of Cyrus on the screen?
And when you want fossils etc. there isn't a cute image of Blathers on the screen?

There is no story.
All of the villagers are paper dolls to be photographed.

I bought the game. I purchased cards. I'm going to buy Amiibo Festival. And I am hopeful that the development team can have enough time and more importantly the passion to make an even better full Animal Crossing game.

While you've made plenty of good points, some of which I've mentioned earlier in this topic, I think you're being a bit too harsh.

I mean, when we first saw this game, who would have thought that it was everything it is today? It looked very simplistic, but they built up a pretty good (spin-off) game around the concept.

I don't really know what you're expecting from a story. Animal Crossing has always been very light on the story side.

Last edited:
I'd love if the option to place wall items lower or higher existed. So many of the wall items go way too high and it's getting annoying :/

Yeah it's a little ridiculous to have a spice rack about two inches from the ceiling. :mad:

i dislike how terrible many of the floors look in bigger houses. there should be an option to stretch them out to fit the space like they do automatically in new leaf. i'm a big fan of the museum tile, but hardly ever use it in this game because it only works with small rooms.

i dislike how terrible many of the floors look in bigger houses. there should be an option to stretch them out to fit the space like they do automatically in new leaf. i'm a big fan of the museum tile, but hardly ever use it in this game because it only works with small rooms.

I usually cover the repeating bits with rugs, or set up walls and block them off into separate rooms.

OK, here's my full list of things I dislike now that I've played the game for about half a week.

- No insects/fish outside of cages when they are outside.
- No ability to frame the museum artwork.
- No ability to change height of items on the wall.
- Inability to create houses for the special characters (Isabelle, etc) without having to buy their respective amiibo.
- The search function still needs some work.

More on search: Some things I'd like to see are the ability to search through customization options (what if you want a green chair? some chairs that aren't green as a default can become green but they don't come up) and the ability to create tags for items to make them easier to search though. The item names aren't always obvious and so don't always come up in searches. For instance, I wish I could categorize the "homework set" item as "book" and "paper" and things like that so I don't have to remember what it's called or find it in my mounds of items.

-----

All that being said, I do really like this game. I honestly don't care that I can't make "my" own house. There's so many buildings that you can make in this game between the villagers and the facilities that I don't see a need for that. I don't care that other Animal Crossing-type things (fishing, holidays, etc) are not here. That's what a main Animal Crossing game is for. This game just really takes the decoration aspect to another level, and I like how you can have all villagers in your town with no worries of them moving away. I also like that I'm not locked down to the calendar/clock. I can play as little or as much in a day as I want to.

Story - as in more than just Lottie occasionally not wearing makeup. Little story touches. For example:
- Blathers has a friend named Brewster
- Pete talking about Phyllis
- Sable in Wild World telling the sad story of her parents, how Labelle went away while she raised Mabel

If you talk to some of the special NPCs in their houses they have pretty involved dialogue. Isabelle and Digby especially talk about their backstory, which imo is a much deeper "story" than past AC games.

http://itsduckhuntingdavy.tumblr.com/post/130014421923/wowquite-a-backstory-for-isabelle-and-digby
http://itsduckhuntingdavy.tumblr.co...elle-no-surprise-shes?is_related_post=1#notes

Last edited:
Oho! Amending one of my complaints; you CAN change your top or wear dresses! Just drag yourself like you can customize your animal's clothes. You change back into the working top anytime you change location though. fancy that ~

Back