• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Themed Restaurants

I remember going to a place called Ed Debevic's here in Phoenix.It was a retro 50's styled diner with basic diner grub like burgers and meatloaf.The servers were deliberately rude.Our server introduced himself as "Booger" and every time we asked for something he'd roll his eyes or sigh heavily.It was part of his schtick and it was fun.The servers would also jump up on the counters and dance to old 50's tunes.It had a fun atmosphere but closed about 20 years ago.

I found a lion king themed restaurant, but it's in Hull.

lionkingresteraunt.jpg

It looks like an abandoned restaurant. Is this what it really was supposed to look like, or has it been defunct?

By the way, that restaurant looks awfully small.
That's an AI generated image thankfully

Anyway I've been to the Hardrock Cafรฉ a bunch! My parents love that place lmao. Also used to go to the Rainforest Cafรฉ as a kid.. There was a Karen's Diner in my area but I never got around to going there.. not sure I wanted to, their whole gimmick is the waitresses being really mean and they apparently took it too far and got sued or something?? Themed restaurants can be fun but I feel like the food quality tends to take a hit for some reason in those kinds of places

it kinda depends! i've been to bad ones and i've been to good ones. i like the idea but i'm not into a ton of them to begin with, rainforest cafe is unappealing to me. depends on the theme for me. i've been to an adorable 50s themed diner somewhere near me (closed recently, i think, owners retired) and that was so cute. the waitresses were on skates and they had milkshakes with adorable straws. wasn't even that expensive. i miss it T_T

the hello kitty cafe has a mobile truck that sells sweets across the USA and i LOVE it. i plan on going to it again when it's here this summer.

hkc-truck-banner.jpg
cafe.jpg

japan has a ton of themed restaurants that seem soooo cute. like kirby, pikmin, disney, pokemon etc... id love to go. theyre apparently not too expensive.

tokyo-kirby-summer-cafe-in-tokyo-and-fukuoka-223905.jpg

cafe-pokemon-2.jpg

Back