January Birthstone (Garnet)
Cake
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Red Candy
Cake
Cake
Cake
Why does the Wii have such stupid spin offs? I mean, I love some spin offs, pokemon rumble, mario kart wii, just a few to name some. Yet sadly for me, the Wii has one of the worst Sonic spinoffs I ever seen. Secret rings... You know that game that looks so cool and you just want to buy it? But then it turns out it sucks. That's secret rings for you. Lets see the wreckage this abomination is.

GAMEPLAY
This game has O.K. controls. Sonic can speed up and slow down based on how you tilt the Wii Remote. The homing attacks are now AMAZINGLY UNRELIABLE, its very hard for me to just hit one enemy, I felt like I had to thrust my chest along with the Wii Remote just to use the attack correctly. Don't even get me started on the extra abilities you can achieve, some really cool I must admit. Yet the rest are unreliable pieces of trash, it's almost harder to use them than the homing attack.

STORY
This Sonic game is SPECIAL! Want to know why? Books, yes this game is straight up based of a book. Now don't get me wrong, some book based games are amazing (Harry Potter games for instance). Yet this one is based on the story of "Aladdin", although it may sound unquie, there is nothing really great about this games story. I'm impressed SEGA decided to actually make this a game, they could have made a decent Sonic game were there is some kind of connection to a story. Sonic Unleashed for instance, great game, great story, and it has a connection to werewolves. Werehogs! Its genius how they put that little refrence as such a major part of the game. That is how you make a storybook like Sonic game. Not just do whatever they did with Rings.

HOW REWARDING IT FEELS
I'm not very impressed at all, the collectables and hidden art you can achieve feels way to tedious to achieve. The powers, even worse, I have to complete even MORE tasks, and I hate JUST HATE is that even after you got every extra attack/ability its so hard to choose which one you will use. They each are different, and its impossible to tell what you really need.

OVERALL
This game is a sad excuse for a Sonic game, I hope SEGA does better work in the future. Because this is just sad, I hate the sheer fact that this was one of the first Sonic games on the Wii, and people might have viewed this as what Wii Sonic games will look that. Let's hope that this will be a lesson to SEGA.

Rating:3.5/10

Back