• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Verses of Lyric Isle

Island/Town Name
Lyric Isle
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Apple
Native Flower
Mums

stalkbroker

Bells
Hello from Lyric Isle! I have 8 characters on my island:
  1. Norman
  2. Villager
  3. Melody
  4. Harmony
  5. Cadence
  6. Rhythm
  7. Callie
  8. Marie
The animal villagers on my island are
  1. Walt
  2. Flo
  3. Rowan
  4. Marina
  5. Peggy
  6. Maddie
  7. Tammi
  8. Ken
  9. Rodney
  10. Clay
I have one rule on Lyric Isle: No time travel. I used to be a huge time traveler in previous games, but that was before I was able to find friends who also played! Now that I've found various communities (including you all!) I find less of a reason to resort to it. I want to savor the enjoyment of the game! Also it's sort of a preventative measure to make sure I don't end up playing all day :LOL:

I currently have 2 ongoing projects and some others on hiatus or completed!

Project 1. Soul Collection (ongoing)
In previous games, I would try to collect as many villager pictures as possible! I've decided to carry on this task. Also, I'd think of it (albeit dark) as collecting their souls! Once I receive a villager picture, I allow them to leave and I await the next unsuspecting villager. I've been mostly trying to do this on my own, though I may consider looking to trade in the future.

Souls Collected:
Rowan
Flo
Marina
Lily
Walt
Peggy

Total: 6/397

Project 2. Who Wants To Be A Bellionaire? (ongoing)
I am on a quest to reach 1 billion bells... legitimately.

Mandatory Restrictions:
I am doing this with no exploits whatsoever. That means no time travel, no item duping. I know that some folks have reached a billion by just duping crowns or other high value items, but I want to do it by the book.

Methods:
I've mostly been doing large scale turnip trading, and therefore I've enforced a rule to only buy turnips from her during legal hours. I've been fortunate to have some friends help me towards this goal - when they or someone they know has a good turnip price, they've been kind enough to provide me some exclusive access hours to sell. Also I've been able to find some people in the acturnips subreddit who were willing to let me make multiple trips! Unfortunately, exclusive island access is the way to go as I've found the true bottleneck to all this is time. I have much to speak on this topic, and I think I'll prepare a larger document about it once I'm done. In the meantime, I'll provide my weekly statuses!

Madness:
I have these numbers recorded from my spreadsheet as well as screenshotted. I've only shared a couple of them via my switch twitter account. I'd consider the time I started this as the

Week 1
04/07/2020 27,067,920 bells

Week 2
04/13/2020: 22,222,442 bells
04/15/2020: 69,420,666 bells in bank and 13 bells in pocket. Shared on reddit

Week 3
04/26/2020: 70,773,298 bells
I decided to continue buying turnips and did so for three hours. I was inspired by the TF2 Soldier line, "I have done nothing but teleport bread for 3 days" to make a TF2 Soldier coat and record this video to show my island covered in turnips.

Week 4
05/03/2020: 149,799,945 bells
05/08/2020: 223,562,221 bells

Week 5
05/10/2020: 224,273,634 bells (no screenshot, but had it logged in spreadsheet)
05/10/2020: 282,453,400 bells

Week 6
05/17/2020: 316,526732 bells

Week 7
05/24/2020: 416,940,338 bells

I also have a lot of the video capture of myself buying and/or selling turnips, though honestly it's not very interesting. I may compile them into a timelapse once I finish! At my current rate, I believe I should be able to finish in 6-7 weeks.

Project 3: Remodeling (hiatus)
Until I complete project 2, I will be unable to finish this project! I need space for 240,000 turnips a week (60 trips x 40 stacks/trip x 100 turnips / stack), thus I've just cleared much of my land to accommodate.

Completed Project: Construction Site (Rock Quarry)
Over the course of two weeks of trial and error and muuuuuch learning on the process of spawning rocks, I consolidated my rocks onto dark dirt path and decorated the area to be a construction site! I posted the result on reddit!

Completed Project: Flower Breeding
For the past few weeks I had been breeding my flowers to get all of the colors. Just last week I obtained a blue rose, which was the last one I needed! I now have 6 of each color and will be using them for my remodeling project.

Back