• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Signature Guide

why its my signature a problem now?????????????

- - - Post Merge - - -

i never had a problem until now

why its my signature a problem now?????????????

- - - Post Merge - - -

i never had a problem until now

Our rule updates for 2017 updated our signature rules, and we now only allow a maximum of 250 pixels high, when previously we had allowed 250 pixels + 1 line of standard text. Your current signature is ~270 pixels high - it was fine with the previous guidelines, but not with the current ones, hence why it has been removed.

Our rule updates for 2017 updated our signature rules, and we now only allow a maximum of 250 pixels high, when previously we had allowed 250 pixels + 1 line of standard text. Your current signature is ~270 pixels high - it was fine with the previous guidelines, but not with the current ones, hence why it has been removed.

great -_-
then can someone fix my picture signature so it can fit with the spoiler?
im really bad at that :( and please dont tell me how to do it.. i have try honestly even with graphic art student and yet i failed miserable

Last edited:
Would this one be okay to use?
csnIMAe.jpg

Can anyone help me with uploading a signature gif? my little brain can't work it out ;-; also, does one line of text = 1px? I'm trying to keep my images around 230-245px high so I can add a line of text or two underneath, have i got that right?

Can anyone help me with uploading a signature gif? my little brain can't work it out ;-; also, does one line of text = 1px? I'm trying to keep my images around 230-245px high so I can add a line of text or two underneath, have i got that right?

You need to upload it to an external website such as Imgur. A line of text is certainly more than 1px... perhaps 12? I really have little idea, but the height range you stated sounds about right.

You need to upload it to an external website such as Imgur. A line of text is certainly more than 1px... perhaps 12? I really have little idea, but the height range you stated sounds about right.

Okay, is that the size if the text size is 1? I always have the text underneath my signature image as size 1. Like this.

Edit: I got it working!!!! Thank you very much! I just had to use the original gif link x.x But idk if its too big now lmao

Last edited:
Okay, is that the size if the text size is 1? I always have the text underneath my signature image as size 1. Like this.

Edit: I got it working!!!! Thank you very much! I just had to use the original gif link x.x But idk if its too big now lmao

Where I am at the moment, image hosts are blocked, so I can't check your signature, but the font sizes are just numbers as far as I'm aware. If you're too worried, have a look at your image's height and get out a magnifying glass, counting the pixels of text underneath it, then add them up. :p

When I try to use the direct link in the IMG thing, I get "invalid file"

Can you show us what you're trying? This is what it should look like, just presumably with a different URL.

[IMG]https://www.google.co.uk/images/branding/googlelogo/2x/googlelogo_color_272x92dp.png[/IMG]

Also, I recommend unchecking "Retrieve remote file and reference locally", if the option is there. It will only work for some images, it compresses them and charges you Bells.

Is mine fine?

- - - Post Merge - - -

omg. It seems too small and i forgot to center lol

Sorry if it's hard to see. I'm placing the direct link in the IMG boxes and I get this.

When sharing images in posts, do not have "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" checked for the reasons I explained earlier.

If your link looks like http://i.imgur.com/qM6KaEy.gif, all should be well. If it is http://imgur.com/qM6KaEy, then no, that won't work. I can't make out anything much in your screenshots.

Back