• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

The "Settling for Worse the Longer You Reset" Phenomenon

Parsnip

Bells
Does anyone else who frequently plot/campsite/map/whatever else resets find themselves skipping over really nice, but not perfect, options in the beginning thinking they can get something better, only to end up 100+ resets in and saying "whatever, this is fine"?

I think I find myself getting lulled into a false sense of security by getting luck early on, and then assume that that luck will continue. For example, yesterday I was resetting my campsite, and within the first 10 or so I got Diana, Ankha, Merengue, Fauna, Kid Cat, Marina, and a few other cute villagers! I guess I was feeling lucky, so I skipped over all of them hoping for Lily, Molly, Bob, or another dreamie. At about 70 resets, I ended up settling for Octavian, who is cool! But I probably would have preferred any of the cute girls I got early on...

But I also think it really sucks settling sometimes! Because it feels like a waste of several hours to just end up with something that's only OKAY :/

Yeah, that happens to me so much. And then when my town is all developed I just go, "I can't do this anymore" *resets*

Yeah, I do that, too! I have a few towns that I reset every few months and I always start out wanting certain things but usually wind up settling for "good enough" instead of continuing on til I get exactly what I wanted.

Back