• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

The one year challenge

Yeah, you put your effort to the test!

not sure what that means haha
:( this map has so much space though, I dont know what to do with the rest
here is what I have done so far (pink overlay = done with it)

ktqK7rH.png

I need Rory (beneath Town Hall) to move out :( And Pietro (north of my house) will be out soon, don't like where his house is...

ktqK7rH.png

I need Rory (beneath Town Hall) to move out :( And Pietro (north of my house) will be out soon, don't like where his house is...
Oh, I think that stands for something else (Mind to the test idk?)

I think this dream town will help you with adding other things, as the river layout is almost similar.

1600-1372-1519

Oh, I think that stands for something else (Mind to the test idk?)

I think this dream town will help you with adding other things, as the river layout is almost similar.

1600-1372-1519

thank you! I'll check it out right now, can't wait to have the rest of my permanent residents

- - - Post Merge - - -

that dream town was quite nice :) I got a few good ideas

8QFcLf7.jpg

hMeKtXD.jpg

On6qW5V.jpg

Today:
-visited Hell; that was fun; I've never visited another town before!
-did more landscaping

ktqK7rH.png

I'm so jealous of that map :D I love how organized it is.

I'm so jealous of that map :D I love how organized it is.

thank you! I actually don't like it at all though :( I was hoping for a different map layout but I got bored of resetting so I just settled for this one. my ideal map would have been one with a river like this

----\____/----

and oranges as the town fruit

- - - Post Merge - - -

tumblr_nils5s0Ni21u7jwego2_400.png

tumblr_nils5s0Ni21u7jwego1_400.png

BAHAHAHA that's hilarious. That's how I feel about the wooden bridge, but even if I got it I can't utilize it because of Hamphrey. :( AH well, just have to wait until the dang chub little hamster wants to move

BAHAHAHA that's hilarious. That's how I feel about the wooden bridge, but even if I got it I can't utilize it because of Hamphrey. :( AH well, just have to wait until the dang chub little hamster wants to move

Hamphrey is in my town also. He is not too bad but I want him out. Rory too.

He's really not. He's actually one of my more liked villagers. But he just moved in way too close :(

Yeah. I don't like where Hamphrey's house is in my map either. But the spot isn't /that/ bad. The worst one is Rory to be honest. Rory and Pietro, whom I decided to let go :( Love Pietro but he asked to move and his house is in such a terrible spot. Though TBH I don't find any of Hell's residents "ugly"

I need Goose to move at some stage so I can build my third bridge and Soleil too because her house blocks out my campsite but I've been quite lucky really cause all the villagers who moved in so far (apart from Tammy) have moved in beside each other :)

Do ye have any tips for a landscaping noob? Is it nessicary to cut down all the trees and stuff like that? I want to have a natural forest town with some natural looking paths but I'm not too sure I like the ones I'm using currently.

Last edited:
I need Goose to move at some stage so I can build my third bridge and Soleil too because her house blocks out my campsite but I've been quite lucky really cause all the villagers who moved in so far (apart from Tammy) have moved in beside each other :)

Do ye have any tips for a landscaping noob? Is it nessicary to cut down all the trees and stuff like that? I want to have a natural forest town with some natural looking paths but I'm not too sure I like the ones I'm using currently.

You don't need to cut down all threes first. I personally cut them all down, but its not necessary.

pros to cutting down all trees first:
- you get it out of the way so its easier to lay down your paths flowers
- you can harvest mushrooms if you get any special stumps

cons to cutting down all trees first:
- may take longer to reach perfect town depending on how long it takes you to landscape your entire town.
example:
ktqK7rH.png

this is my town right now. the pink areas have already been landscaped. the rest of the map has a bunch of disorganized flowers in it but no trees. when I talk to Isabelle she tells me my villagers feel Hell needs more greenery. Meanwhile in my other town I didn't cut down all trees so I was actually able to reach perfect town pretty quickly even though I had landscaped less.​

ANYWAY. Tips:
- Use EVERY resource available to you: flowers, bushes, cedars, regular trees, fruit trees, bamboo, clovers, mushrooms.

- Don't be afraid to mix different flower types. A lot of people only put roses with roses, lilies with lilies, cosmos with cosmos, etc. But I feel like combining different flower types adds some great texture to towns and makes them look more natural. My favorite combinations are: White Lilies with Pink Roses, and Pink Cosmos with Purple Roses, but you can experiment as much as you'd like.

- Don't be afraid to mix different colors either, you'd be surprised at how great some colors look together. Hell, you could even do a flower rainbow! (I actually have some in both of my towns and I love them)

- I'm guilty of doing this in Eclair (been planning on fixing it) and I guess it all comes down to personal taste, but... Don't go overboard with the flowers! A 20x20 space filled with flowers can sometimes look a little flat and boring. Why not spice it up with a pwp? Or maybe with some bushes, trees, or something else?

- Stumps are GREAT. Not just tree stumps, but cut bamboo as well. You can even add different textures by cutting down the trees/bamboo at different life stages. And if you have a silver axe you can get some special stumps to grow mushrooms with.

- Plan things out: don't just wait until you've unlocked a particular PWP to figure out where to put it. Save the spot from the start!

- Speaking of planning: graph paper is your friend, utilize it! Seriously, that stuff is great for making blue prints.

- Save the spots where unwanted villagers live for last. Trust me, don't plan around something that'll only be there temporarily.

- If you don't plot reset: Always make sure that you have extras of a particular fruit or flower in storage or somewhere a villager can't put their house in otherwise you might end up losing your only blue roses or perfect apple trees.

Last edited:
You don't need to cut down all threes first. I personally cut them all down, but its not necessary.

pros to cutting down all trees first:
- you get it out of the way so its easier to lay down your paths flowers
- you can harvest mushrooms if you get any special stumps

cons to cutting down all trees first:
- may take longer to reach perfect town depending on how long it takes you to landscape your entire town.
example:
ktqK7rH.png

this is my town right now. the pink areas have already been landscaped. the rest of the map has a bunch of disorganized flowers in it but no trees. when I talk to Isabelle she tells me my villagers feel Hell needs more greenery. Meanwhile in my other town I didn't cut down all trees so I was actually able to reach perfect town pretty quickly even though I had landscaped less.​

ANYWAY. Tips:
- Use EVERY resource available to you: flowers, bushes, cedars, regular trees, fruit trees, bamboo, clovers, mushrooms.

- Don't be afraid to mix different flower types. A lot of people only put roses with roses, lilies with lilies, cosmos with cosmos, etc. But I feel like combining different flower types adds some great texture to towns and makes them look more natural. My favorite combinations are: White Lilies with Pink Roses, and Pink Cosmos with Purple Roses, but you can experiment as much as you'd like.

- Don't be afraid to mix different colors either, you'd be surprised at how great some colors look together. Hell, you could even do a flower rainbow! (I actually have some in both of my towns and I love them)

- I'm guilty of doing this in Eclair (been planning on fixing it) and I guess it all comes down to personal taste, but... Don't go overboard with the flowers! A 20x20 space filled with flowers can sometimes look a little flat and boring. Why not spice it up with a pwp? Or maybe with some bushes, trees, or something else?

- Stumps are GREAT. Not just tree stumps, but cut bamboo as well. You can even add different textures by cutting down the trees/bamboo at different life stages. And if you have a silver axe you can get some special stumps to grow mushrooms with.

- Plan things out: don't just wait until you've unlocked a particular PWP to figure out where to put it. Save the spot from the start!

- Speaking of planning: graph paper is your friend, utilize it! Seriously, that stuff is great for making blue prints.

- Save the spots where unwanted villagers live for last. Trust me, don't plan around something that'll only be there temporarily.

- If you don't plot reset: Always make sure that you have extras of a particular fruit or flower in storage or somewhere a villager can't put their house in otherwise you might end up losing your only blue roses or perfect apple trees.

Oh wow! Thank you so much this is awesome advice! :D

Looking for someone to play tours with! I don't find the a tad boring when alone but I feel that having sveral people play will spice things up! And I'd really like a few medals as I really want dat cabana set lol

Back