• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

The one year challenge

I have too honestly. I've been trying to focus on landscaping rather than my house. I haven't a clue how I got 410,000 when all I did was change the main room... I talked to Lyle and all he mentioned was my arched yellow door and the tiara hair on the mannequin in my princess series room but they've both been there for months! The HHA is confusing :p I unlocked the golden roof which I won't be using cause I like my purple roof more :p

Not much happened today, just the usual stuff and Soleil is moving in a few days

When the game first came out, I did manage to complete the one year challenge. I then went on holiday not long after and during that time, I only went on the game once every few weeks until a few weeks ago when I got back into the game. During that time that I didn't really go on, one of my original villagers, Daisy, left town. Never have I felt so upset over a video game before in my life.

Awesome I'll let you know when she's in boxes :) I wouldn't be letting her go only for her house placement isn't great so I'm happy she'll be going to a good home~ Haha

Awesome I'll let you know when she's in boxes :) I wouldn't be letting her go only for her house placement isn't great so I'm happy she'll be going to a good home~ Haha

Of course! She's one of my favorite snooties lol

Chevre moved out without warning. :(
I built a Rack of Rice when she was in boxes last night, since I would only have 8 villagers with her gone. I did some digging, and houses seem to count as development for the town. I built the Rice PWP so that I wouldn't be underdeveloped, and it seems to have worked.

Still no Golden Watering Can, but I did celebrate my birthday. :)

Last edited:
Coco is moving in tomorrow :) While there are other normal villagers I would have preferred (Melba <3) I'm looking forward to having her all the same. My town will soon be over run with bunnies! :p

My wifi conked out again :c haven't played in a few days because I lost motivation

Bianca wont move away! I swear, if someone else wants to move out and its not Bianca in the next 3 months. I'm sorry, but i'll have to drop out of this challenge.

Is this still pretty active? I just reset and am putting myself on a no TT or resetting restriction so I figured I'd join in.

I actually have never TTed on any other animal crossing games and it was over a year before I started doing it on this one but once I started I couldn't make myself quit. This lead to a feeling of being disconnected to my town which would cause me to reset and do the same thing again.

So anyway, at 4am this morning I decided to break the cycle. I would reset and play as though I'd just got the game. No resetting, no TTing, no plot resetting, just good old fashioned animal crossing. So I did just that and I have to say I'm pretty happy about it.

The map I picked is very nice for me. I have oranges which is great. I usually have pears and my one restriction for a map was that my fruit not be pears. I love them IRL but for some reason I find them boring in game. I also got Merengue as a starting villager which makes me very happy as she is a dreamie I once acquired and then lost.

So, I played for an hour or so but went to sleep before 6am so when I woke up and started playing it was counting it as the next day and I had a new villager's house plotted behind mine. I went to see who it was and it turns out my first move in is none other than Chadder, my absolute favorite smug who I lost in my very first town due to TTing and was the main reason I reset that town in the first place.

I'm thinking the game is telling me I'm on the right path with starting over but doing it right (no TTing).

ahh this is such a great idea *too bad i only got the game 2 weeks ago* but hey, i'm still gonna try this one year challenge, and see where it gets me :p

Played on the 21st for the event and my side characters birthday. Missed Tammy's birthday yesterday. Julian tried to move but I stopped him. He ain't going anywhere.

Also, welcome new challenge participants! It'll be nice to see this thread a bit more active :)

Back