• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

The moment you realize that you are Crazy Redd.

TrickYarn

Yarn Seeker
Bells
Crazy Redd seems to persuade you into buying his merchandise.
You do the same thing to your poor villagers in the Re-tail.

I smell a conspiracy.

Whoa you are right, i think players are even worse though hahah!

The villagers scam the player all the time with emotional manipulation. "Would you please trade your princess sofa for this moldy tee? Pleease?"
I've learned not to carry anything interesting in my pockets, haha.

The villagers scam the player all the time with emotional manipulation. "Would you please trade your princess sofa for this moldy tee? Pleease?"
I've learned not to carry anything interesting in my pockets, haha.

Omg yes, true, they always want the item you can not miss in any possible way. Like why do they even want that! They always start begging for my gold nugget, those low ball offers drive me crazy! 99 bells for a gold nugget? In your dreams...

I once had a villager ask me for a Bee, offered 3k for it. I'm like, "SURE!"

Last edited:
Redd's just trying to eke out a respectable living with his prices, whereas some people on here raise the price enough to make a dent in a house expansion. :p

Cuz, the items I place in Re-Tail have high prices as indicators that they're valuable, cuz.

I'm so much worse, I charge as much as I possibly can before villagers won't buy my items.
I always test my prices via Re-tail and check often to make sure someone pays me outrageous prices for my stuff :)

sometimes i use retail for extra storage and just throw items in there at sky high prices so they don't get bought by villagers...

I'm so much worse, I charge as much as I possibly can before villagers won't buy my items.
I always test my prices via Re-tail and check often to make sure someone pays me outrageous prices for my stuff :)

Another way to get rich, by extortion.

Honestly, I never liked the whole flea market system in New Leaf. It just never worked properly. If I played the good guy and never pressured my neighbors to buy the items for sale, they would never get sold!! Whether I waited for a week naturally, or time traveled a week, the items would usually just sit there. I'm pretty sure I don't over charge that much...

So frankly, I don't feel guilty playing the Crazy Redd of the Re-Tail. Because if I don't, then nothing happens! : P

Do villagers even buy your items when you're not in the Re-tail? I thought it was when they ping at the item and you'd have to manually talk to them.

Honestly, I never liked the whole flea market system in New Leaf. It just never worked properly. If I played the good guy and never pressured my neighbors to buy the items for sale, they would never get sold!! Whether I waited for a week naturally, or time traveled a week, the items would usually just sit there. I'm pretty sure I don't over charge that much...

So frankly, I don't feel guilty playing the Crazy Redd of the Re-Tail. Because if I don't, then nothing happens! : P

They will only buy the items if you are in the store with them

Back