• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

☞ !The Miscellaneous! ☜

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you played the DS version recently? I lost my copy YEARS ago(It was my first experience of SM64)...Did it hold up even with the D-pad controls?

I haven't played it recently. I personally think the controls on the DS version are worse than on the N64 version. Bringing in the ability to walk on the DS version like ruined everything because he starts out really slow then like speeds up for some reason and it has made me mess up so. many. times.

I haven't played it recently. I personally think the controls on the DS version are worse than on the N64 version. Bringing in the ability to walk on the DS version like ruined everything because he starts out really slow then like speeds up for some reason and it has made me mess up so. many. times.

Yeah, I heard about that...I wonder if the camera was better, because that's the one HUGE flaw in SM64 that can either make or break an experience of it with me.

I also don't like the textures on the DS version. They're not as bright/bold and for some reason many of the textures just suck more. Graphics aren't much better either.

I seriously think that Nintendo should make a SM64 remake for a newer console. My life would be complete.

Last edited:
I also don't like the graphics on the DS version. They're not as bright/bold and for some reason many of the textures just suck more.

I honestly think they're heavily improved in the DS one. I prefer the colors in that one a lot more.

Also the minigames were always fun to play with my Grandma. Yes, I played the minigames with my grandma.

I honestly think they're heavily improved in the DS one. I prefer the colors in that one a lot more.

Also the minigames were always fun to play with my Grandma. Yes, I played the minigames with my grandma.

That's pretty much the only thing that I like about it more. I love playing the minigames, especially the card-matching game---->
hqdefault (2).jpg

But like...Sunshine had a yoshi who DIDN'T ditch you. And like...Blue coins....And the water OH GOD THE WATER IT'S SO GOOD

But SM64 has awesome levels, and a whole bunch of missions to do... but screw the missions, the levels are so awesome that I literally just go in and run around like an idiot like a little kid at a playground xDDD

And you have to admit there is no song in Sunshine that can top Water World.

But SM64 has awesome levels, and a whole bunch of missions to do... but screw the missions, the levels are so awesome that I literally just go in and run around like an idiot like a little kid at a playground xDDD

And you have to admit there is no song in Sunshine that can top Water World.

But Sunshine also has awesome levels, and even MORE missions...A beautiful hilly area where you break into the windmill fighting a giant piranha monster, a giant theme park, a really pleasing beach, a beautiful bay with an underwater temple, a giant village on a tree, a beautiful sunset beach where you get to eat ghosts in a hotel, I mean...Like...It's just so fun!

And who can forget those really cool "secret of..." levels where you have to test your skills without the help of FLUDD? Who can forget that music? That awesome rendition of the original theme?

And who can forget running around with the FLUDD pack like a total idiot while wall jumping and shooting water splashes everywhere? The manta ray fight, OH MY GOD THE MANTA RAY FIGHT! It's terrifying and thrilling at the same time...

Let's not forget the Delfino Plaza theme. <3

I know the story is subpar and the Piantas are idiots(but in a charming sense, I love them.), but it's about the journey, not the destination. <3

Last edited:
But Sunshine also has awesome levels, and even MORE missions...A beautiful hilly area where you break into the windmill fighting a giant piranha monster, a giant theme park, a really pleasing beach, a beautiful bay with an underwater temple, a giant village on a tree, a beautiful sunset beach where you get to eat ghosts in a hotel, I mean...Like...It's just so fun!

And who can forget those really cool "secret of..." levels where you have to test your skills without the help of FLUDD? Who can forget that music? That awesome rendition of the original theme?

And who can forget running around with the FLUDD pack like a total idiot while wall jumping and shooting water splashes everywhere? The manta ray fight, OH MY GOD THE MANTA RAY FIGHT! It's terrifying and thrilling at the same time...

Let's not forget the Delfino Plaza theme. <3

I know the story is subpar and the Piantas are idiots(but in a charming sense, I love them.), but it's about the journey, not the destination. <3

We have our reasons to like either game more. If everyone in the world loved SM64 as much as I do it probably wouldn't be very interesting.

Oh, just wanna mention, for some reason when I was younger I had an obsession with mocking the FLUDD in every way possible. It was pretty great.

Last edited:
We have our reasons to like either game more. If everyone in the world loved SM64 as much as I do it probably wouldn't be very interesting.

Oh, just wanna mention, for some reason when I was younger I had an obsession with mocking the FLUDD in every way possible. It was pretty great.

Yeah, and honestly I love discussing either. Trust me, I think 64 has some great points.

FLUDD's voice has always been fun to make fun of. E-gadd even more to be honest.

Yeah, and honestly I love discussing either. Trust me, I think 64 has some great points.

FLUDD's voice has always been fun to make fun of. E-gadd even more to be honest.

Here's the drawing I made back in November 2011 of FLUDD---->
20170325_170125.jpg
Ik it's ridiculous I made it when I was 12.

ikr

I drew it on a while board along with an Animal Crossing villager I created. :p

Aw man, I miss my old magic whiteboard! I used to try drawing "Alein* Hunting in 3D" on it. "Alein" hunting was my original creation as a 4-year old. It involved a circle with two stick legs and triangle feet fighting aliens.

*Yes I spelled it as "Aleins". I'm severely dyslexic.

Aw man, I miss my old magic whiteboard! I used to try drawing "Alein* Hunting in 3D" on it. "Alein" hunting was my original creation as a 4-year old. It involved a circle with two stick legs and triangle feet fighting aliens.

Yeah this whiteboard was it no way magic. It was just very amusing.

Now I have a chalkboard I draw on. It currently has a drawing of a very cute Donald Trump on it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Omg I keep humming this song and I can't stop.

It's too adorable T.T

Yeah this whiteboard was it no way magic. It was just very amusing.

Now I have a chalkboard I draw on. It currently has a drawing of a very cute Donald Trump on it.

In my great-grandma's basement there's a MASSIVE chalkboard which I always loved drawing on. Still do, honestly. I also love erasing my annoying little cousin's drawings. I'm a good guy I promise I just hate kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.